Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

The STEAM Sales and Releases Thread

Zewp

Arcane
Codex 2013
Is it any good? Last I heard people were complaining because it was very generic.

Hobo Elf

Arcane
Isn't it basically a PvE version of Legendary Heroes/Fallen Enchantress/Whatever?

I suppose, but any "strategy" elements are superficial at best. It's not really a 4X, or strategy game for that matter. It plays like shallow party based RPG. What I'm trying to say is that it's like any other Stardock game: shovelware that gets charged at a premium price.

Zarniwoop

TESTOSTERONIC As Fuck™
Patron
Shadorwun: Hong Kong
Yeah but I thought it's in perpetual beta. And like 3% of the planned Steam boxes came out.

Zarniwoop

TESTOSTERONIC As Fuck™
Patron
After Extensive Research(TM)

checking the Wikipedia article
it seems that yes, SteamOS is a massive POS and that's why many manufacturers have not bothered releasing their Steam Machines.

Infinitron

I post news
Staff Member
Codex Year of the Donut Serpent in the Staglands Dead State Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Pathfinder: Kingmaker Pathfinder: Wrath I'm very into cock and ball torture I helped put crap in Monomyth
Cool, because of Steam's new feature where you can pay only for what you don't own in a bundled package, I can get Saints Row: Gat out of Hell + DLC for just 2 bucks.

Kuattro

Augur
Wow thanks men. I can get it for R$4,08 when individually they cost $11,65 :dance:

Yep, thanks! I was not going to buy Gat Out of Hell because I haven't got time to play and 5€ seemed pretty high for something that I don't know if and when I'll enjoy.

On the other hand... have they really thought this through? By itself, it cost 5€, with the bundle, it costs half of that and comes with other DLCs. When will they start giving ME money for using Steam?

Zewp

Arcane
Codex 2013
Cool, because of Steam's new feature where you can pay only for what you don't own in a bundled package, I can get Saints Row: Gat out of Hell + DLC for just 2 bucks.

Lol, and in March when I started a discussion about this on the Steam forums a bunch of morons harped on about what a bad idea it is or why it will kill sales as we know it.

Lemme just go resurrect that thread and rub it in their faces. That'll show those popamolers.

Zarniwoop

TESTOSTERONIC As Fuck™
Patron
Gaben The Massive already killed sales as we know them by getting rid of the dailies and flash sales during the summer and holiday sales.

Metro

Arcane
Beg Auditor
They all look like they're using the same engine so probably shitty mods that someone at Valve okayed for sale.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom