Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

The STEAM Sales and Releases Thread

Unkillable Cat

LEST WE FORGET
Patron
Codex 2014 Make the Codex Great Again! Grab the Codex by the pussy
Second of all, what the hell were you binding to NUMPAD in a middle of the road shooter? Are you trying to play it like Doom or something? It was designed for a controller, it requires what, ten buttons? It's not a flight sim or something, what in the world do you need so badly on Numpad?

I'm left-handed on the keyboard, the mouse is on my left, and the numeric keypad both aligns better to my right hand than the WASD-section does, and is an acceptable distance away from the mouse. Also, I've been using the numeric keypad for over 20 years, it's become muscle memory. You don't just unlearn that.

It's only in the last few years that I'm coming across games that refuse to cater to my "disabled" needs, and when they do so it's either due to the fact that the title is originally designed for the consoles, or because the devs are too fucking lazy to try to cater to their playerbase on such basic demands as control customization, most often both.

Alienman

Retro-Fascist
Patron
Codex 2016 - The Age of Grimoire Make the Codex Great Again! Grab the Codex by the pussy Codex Year of the Donut Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag.
What EA stuff is there? Only thing I can think of is Battle Brothers or Sovereignty, and neither is on discount. (Doublechecked, BB is, but only 10%)

Well perhaps not as 'incline' as Battle Brothers, but worth mentioning: The Curious Expedition, Caves of Qud, Clockwork Empires and so on. The lack of discounts on said titles is what keeps me uncertain about the whole thing. If they were at 30% at least...

Looking for a good 4x strategy space-based game. What's the best one that is getting a good discount?

http://store.steampowered.com/app/261470/ Pricey even at -50% but worth it.

Clockwork Empire is shaping up. They devs seems to be in overdrive mode atm.

Mozg

Arcane
Anyone played Odallus? I remember seeing the trailer but I didn't realize it was a Metroid type game at the time. It looks like NES Castlevania so I figured it was a level-based straight platformer.

HotSnack

Cipher
Sale list too big... I'll just list the ones off my wishlist, which I think should cover any interesting game the usual 'dexer wouldn't already own:

Undertale - 20% off
Shantae and the Pirate's Curse - 50% off
Guilty Geat XX Accent Core Plus R - 50% off
Infinite Space III: Sea of Stars - 33% off
Metal Slug 3 - 75% off
Halfway - 75% off
One Finger Death Punch - 50% off
Call of Cthulhu: Dark Corners of the Earth - 75% off

Out of the bunch, I think I'm gonna go grab Undertale (I'm a sucker for the Earthbound style) and Infinite Space 3 (was a big fan of 2).

Belegarsson

Think about hairy dwarfs all the time ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
Patron
Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag.
Not sure if this is the right place but is Endless Legend suitable for people who has no experience in 4X? My friend sent me the soundtrack and holy fuck that was awesome, but I never played a 4X game before so I'm not sure how complicated this game is. The artstyle is appealing too.

Beowulf

Arcane
Not sure if this is the right place but is Endless Legend suitable for people who has no experience in 4X? My friend sent me the soundtrack and holy fuck that was awesome, but I never played a 4X game before so I'm not sure how complicated this game is. The artstyle is appealing too.
It is. The game is pretty easy on Normal (a difficulty level that doesn't give the AI bonuses), it has p. good tutorial. The artstyle and and soundtrack are superb (subjective opinion ofc.). The basics are easy to grasp and it should be perfectly playable for someone without experience in the genre.

DwarvenFood

Arcane
Patron
Strap Yourselves In Serpent in the Staglands Dead State Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Wasteland 2 Codex USB, 2014 Divinity: Original Sin 2 BattleTech Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire
Wow, what an underwhelming sale this time - the previous one (fall sale? or was it helloween..) was much better - too bad I decided then to wait for the Christmas sale. Probably will get Sattelite Reign and/or Hard West.

darthaegis

Cipher
If you're going to buy every expansion and your currency is Euro be careful not to buy the EL Collection or whatever it's called, as it's 3 Euros more expensive than buying each expansion separately.

Metro

Arcane
Beg Auditor
Wow, what an underwhelming sale this time - the previous one (fall sale? or was it helloween..) was much better - too bad I decided then to wait for the Christmas sale. Probably will get Sattelite Reign and/or Hard West.
The discounts are nearly identical with some lower prices.

Lord Azlan

Arcane
Patron
Shitposter
Later in my life, older and wiser due to Codex, can I ask is it clever to purchase BG2 Enhanced on Steam sale or any of the enhanced versions?

I played BG a very long time ago and did not like it very much. My recent dalliance with PoE has forced my to reevaluate the genre.

What ones from the group are worth getting in this sale?

Thanks

Self-Ejected

Bubbles

I'm forever blowing
It's the exact same sale, you just got everything you wanted back then.

HuEcjER.png

:obviously:

pakoito

Arcane
Patron
Is The Talos Principle + expansion worth 10 quid? I played the beta and liked it a lot.

Zarniwoop

TESTOSTERONIC As Fuck™
Patron
Shadorwun: Hong Kong
so is mad max good, empty-headed fun?

or should i stump up some extra ponies and buy witcher III

Mad Max where no fellas are informed of their turkey status vs Polish RPG with the worst combat in the universe...

I'd go for twitcher if you haven't already. Personally I'll be waiting for the GOTY edition like I do with all these AAAAAAA++++ games these days.

Hellraiser

Arcane
Xenonauts 60% off looks tempting, but I have a backlog :M

Clockwork Empires has been in early access for years now. Haven't kept track but I'm guessing it won't be done for another couple more.

Actually just for a year and 3 months. It has been in development for years though.

Progress is decent last I checked (a year ago, nearly nothing worked, even saving was broken), but I give it another 18 months before it can be considered done. I want to (let's) play it this week to check how stuff changed, especially the diplomacy system and events. They still haven't added the world generator though.

Markman

da Blitz master
Patron
Serpent in the Staglands Codex USB, 2014 Shadorwun: Hong Kong
Steam xmas sale is almost indentical as the Black Friday one.

Origin had better deals on Black Friday than now. They had almost the whole catalogue at 75% off except Battlefront and Fifa.

uPlay shop got better deals this time, 25 bucks for Farcry4 Gold edition is nice and a bunch of franchise packs at low price.

GMG is also good, could be cheaper a quid or two if you can be arsed to compare every game on Steam current price.

Starwars

Arcane
Is LA Noir worth getting at 80% off? Not expecting a fantastic game, but good enough to warrant a playthrough?

Ivan

Arcane
do NOT get LA NOIRE. don't fucking bother.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom