Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

The STEAM Sales and Releases Thread

Duraframe300

Arcane
WTF, King's Quest 2015 Episode 1 90% off. What's the matter, The Odd Gentlemen? :M

Put it in the hands of as many people as possible to get them interested in buying the whole thing. Telltale has done thhe same thing before (Not recently IIRC) Life is strange and RE Revelations 2 are doing it as well

Unkillable Cat

LEST WE FORGET
Patron
Codex 2014 Make the Codex Great Again! Grab the Codex by the pussy
GODDAMNIT, MONGOLOID DEVELOPERS THAT PRIORITIZE CONSOLES OVER THE PC MASTER RACE!

So I have a go at my 50% discounted title. I spend 20 minutes on it in total. 4 minutes going through the settings and Extras, another 4 minutes of gameplay and cutscens, and 12 minutes redefining the controls to my tastes.

Turns out that this piece of crap game doesn't like those rectangular plastic thingies with all them keys on them. Sure, I can move using the numeric keypad, and I can assign commands to the numeric keypad...BUT if I do so, I have to have NumLuck OFF to move around, and NumLock ON to use any of the other keys!

Fuck.dat

Uninstall.exe

SteamRefund.exe (Pending...)

Self-Ejected

Excidium II

Self-Ejected
GODDAMNIT, MONGOLOID DEVELOPERS THAT PRIORITIZE CONSOLES OVER THE PC MASTER RACE!

So I have a go at my 50% discounted title. I spend 20 minutes on it in total. 4 minutes going through the settings and Extras, another 4 minutes of gameplay and cutscens, and 12 minutes redefining the controls to my tastes.

Turns out that this piece of crap game doesn't like those rectangular plastic thingies with all them keys on them. Sure, I can move using the numeric keypad, and I can assign commands to the numeric keypad...BUT if I do so, I have to have NumLuck OFF to move around, and NumLock ON to use any of the other keys!

Fuck.dat

Uninstall.exe

SteamRefund.exe (Pending...)
wot game?

Atomkilla

Arcane
So there are no more daily deals, flash deals or whatever the name was? Same discount throughout the whole sale except there is difference in which games are "highlighted" for the day?

Belegarsson

Think about hairy dwarfs all the time ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
Patron
Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag.
So there are no more daily deals, flash deals or whatever the name was? Same discount throughout the whole sale except there is difference in which games are "highlighted" for the day?
Yeah, no more excitement when we get up early in the morning and check out some interesting hidden gems that we might actually forgot about that were put into flash deals. :(

Last edited:

Unkillable Cat

LEST WE FORGET
Patron
Codex 2014 Make the Codex Great Again! Grab the Codex by the pussy
Excidium II Update: The refund request has been processed, and the money is "pending" (which is Steamspeak for "Fuck you").

The game in question is Deadpool. I'm a (recovering) Marvel comic fan with a special interest in the X-Men, and this game certainly falls within that category. While the core gameplay elements of the game don't appeal to me, the game's sense of humour most certainly does. Unfortunately, for the reasons previously stated I'm unable to even play the game on my terms. I've also heard that the game will be removed from Steam AGAIN at the end of the year due to "licensing issues", so I figured now would be as good a time as any to grab a copy.

Colour me disappointed. As for anyone reading this, make your purchase at your own risk.

Metro

Arcane
Beg Auditor
Why are you so fucking emo? Steam now refunds any game you spend less than two hours playing within a week or so window.

Atomkilla

Arcane
Yeah, no more excitement when we get up early in the morning and check out some interesting hidden gems but we might actually forgot about that were put into flash deals. :(

True, though honestly I find that a relief. Waiting for flash deals was somewhat exciting but also quite frustrating - at least during that period where I actually cared about games I bought. I spent far too much money during flash deals on games I barely played. Though I mostly stopped buying during flash deals (or on Steam for that matter) - I'm glad it got removed.

Anthony Davis

Blizzard Entertainment
Developer
so is mad max good, empty-headed fun?

or should i stump up some extra ponies and buy witcher III

If you aren't running it on a potato, Mad Max is good, empty, fun. I borrowed the work copy for my PS4 and found myself entertained - but not so that I couldn't put it down.

Witcher 3 also requires a non-potato to run, though I hear they did optimize it fairly well... so maybe a potato can run it? Unless you hate the Witcher universe, you should get it. It's probably one of the most beautiful and engaging RPGs this year - again, if you like the narrative. If you loved Witcher 2, you will love Witcher 3.

Alienman

Retro-Fascist
Patron
Codex 2016 - The Age of Grimoire Make the Codex Great Again! Grab the Codex by the pussy Codex Year of the Donut Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag.
Bought Mad Max game for 17 euro. Fun pop-a-mole so far. Just find it odd how cheap it is already.

And some Crusader Kings 2 dlcs. Horse lords is not on sale though :(

sser

Arcane
Developer
I dropped 20 hours into Mad Max pretty easily. If you're into car combat, it's good. Had a lot of fun with it, but games like Twisted Metal or Driver: San Francisco rank pretty high with me.

Went ahead and picked up Armello which I've been staring at forever. Had a multiplayer match (fuck tutorials!) and had a good deal of fun. Took about 50mins to an hour to complete a match.

Now I'm staring at Satellite Reign which now looks like it's the lowest it's ever been (about $9).

pakoito

Arcane
Patron
A Bird's Story because To The Moon was a great movie and I want feels from tome to time.

Halfway because I'm supposed to be a TBS sucker on paper. Same for Grimrock 2.

Koi-koi because there's no other Hanafuda games on Steam. It has a weird scoring system tho.

sweeneezy

Novice
Excidium II Update: The refund request has been processed, and the money is "pending" (which is Steamspeak for "Fuck you").
The game in question is Deadpool.
Okay first of all, pending money means the refund just has to be verified and go through all the electronic banking services required because they cant just hand you a couple bucks back.
Second of all, what the hell were you binding to NUMPAD in a middle of the road shooter? Are you trying to play it like Doom or something? It was designed for a controller, it requires what, ten buttons? It's not a flight sim or something, what in the world do you need so badly on Numpad?

UnknownBro

Savant
...And some Crusader Kings 2 dlcs. Horse lords is not on sale though :(

If you're going to buy several JewInc Paradox DLCs for Crusader Kings II take a look here:
https://www.bundlestars.com/en/dlc/crusader-kings-2-dlc-collection-game

DLCs NOT included in the bundle:
Charlemagne
HorseLords
Iberian Portraits
Early eastern clothing pack
The song of roland
Dynasty shields Charlemagne
Iberian unit pack
HorseLords Content Pack
Orchestral house lords
Tales of treachery

They also have Horse Lords at 50% for which steam has no discount.

Sales have been pretty shitty as of late. Bought a bunch of CYOA games and Legends of Eisenwald (-75%) / Thea: The awakening (-20%). I'm torn between buying most of the EA 'incline' titles or witcher 3 / GTA 5. On one hand you have AAA Decline Machine that did something right for a change, on other hand you got some interesting shit in accursed Early Access state, hard choice.

Smashing Axe

Arcane
Patron
Divinity: Original Sin
Sales have been pretty shitty as of late. Bought a bunch of CYOA games and Legends of Eisenwald (-75%) / Thea: The awakening (-20%). I'm torn between buying most of the EA 'incline' titles or witcher 3 / GTA 5. On one hand you have AAA Decline Machine that did something right for a change, on other hand you got some interesting shit in accursed Early Access state, hard choice.
What EA stuff is there? Only thing I can think of is Battle Brothers or Sovereignty, and neither is on discount. (Doublechecked, BB is, but only 10%)

What EA stuff is there? Only thing I can think of is Battle Brothers or Sovereignty, and neither is on discount. (Doublechecked, BB is, but only 10%)

Well perhaps not as 'incline' as Battle Brothers, but worth mentioning: The Curious Expedition, Caves of Qud, Clockwork Empires and so on. The lack of discounts on said titles is what keeps me uncertain about the whole thing. If they were at 30% at least...

Looking for a good 4x strategy space-based game. What's the best one that is getting a good discount?

Distant Worlds http://store.steampowered.com/app/261470/ Pricey even at -50% but worth it.

Last edited:

Metro

Arcane
Beg Auditor
Clockwork Empires has been in early access for years now. Haven't kept track but I'm guessing it won't be done for another couple more.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom