Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

The STEAM Sales and Releases Thread

Jaesun

Fabulous Ex-Moderator
Patron
MCA
A Man dating simulator? Sweet.

PeachPlumage

Cipher
Wec4woI_PY_SJxhgu66r2ToZvWS79eczeYQfw23ewpF_6JczCrOHB6m-zpEsksZrEGMrI4mX0mUNIT1qakpq4g=w506-h285-n

Last edited by a moderator:

pippin

There's a Tomb Raider sale going on right now. Get everything for 20 dollars (the collection + the Temple of Osiris, which is still being sold separatedly).

lurker3000

Arcane
So is Sword of the Stars 2 worth playing? Its only $4.99. I have a need for a 4x space game and from what I hear GlaCiv3 isn't going to cut it.

sser

Arcane
Developer
is Europa 4 a good tutorial for Crusader Kings 2?

It'll get you familiar with the engine, but the mechanics aren't that similar.

Neither game is that hard to pick up and learn, btw. I think I just watched like 30mins or an hour of tutorial on YouTube and was set. From there, you just gradually pick more stuff up.

Victoria and Hearts of Iron are the toughest Paradox games to jump into; HoI especially.

sser

Arcane
Developer
picked it up. You're right, I need a to watch a tutorial. I was so overwhelmed when I first booted CK2.

I think Quill18 on YouTube has the best stuff for the Paradox games. At least from those that I know of. Don't play your first games with the intention of actually being successful, either. Just dick around and learn while you go. That's what I told my lady friend because her initial impressions of CK2 was that there was too much info/too hard. But once you relax and don't go into it with a 'must win' mindset, you'll have fun, and when you run into roadblocks you just go online and look for an answer. She now texts me stories of CK2's hilarity from time to time. Steam is also FULL of guides now, so you can often just look something up right in the middle of playing.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom