Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

The STEAM Sales and Releases Thread

Astral Rag

Arcane
You're right the game is no longer on sale, maybe some Valve employe spilled coffee on his keyboard or maybe I need stronger meds.

57050882.gif

Kuattro

Augur
You're right the game is no longer on sale, maybe some Valve employe spilled coffee on his keyboard or maybe I need stronger meds.

No, it actually was on sale, but the sale ended today at 19:00 (well, 19:00 spanish time, whatever it is in other so called parts of the world). When I checked, there were 5 minutes left.

Explorerbc

Arcane
NEO AQUARIUM - The King of Crustaceans is the only redeeming element in this sale of weeaboo retardation.

Deleted member 7219

I hoped that The Legend of Heroes would be on sale. Heard good things about it, from a storyfaggotry perspective. Oh well.

Unkillable Cat

LEST WE FORGET
Patron
Codex 2014 Make the Codex Great Again! Grab the Codex by the pussy
Is La Mulana any fun ?

Depends, it's a Metroidvania platformer with gameplay about as fun as banging your head against a rock. It wears thing REALLY quick.

EDIT: Had a look at the weaboo sale - I'm disgraced to say that 8 of the titles are in my Steam library. On the upside, those 8 includes One Way Heroics, La Mulana and Eryi's Action, so it's not all horrible.

Konjad

Patron
Strap Yourselves In Codex Year of the Donut Codex+ Now Streaming! Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag.
At this point Steam is just Android Market for PC games.

I don't complain though. One can just ignore turds and good games have higher chances to be accepted too (I doubt games like Eschalon or AoD would appear there otherwise).

Eyeball

Arcane
No, but Beyond Earth is F2P this weekend. Might be worth about 15 minutes to tell just how decliney it is.

Gozma

Arcane
I installed it and got turned off by the fact that it's a slight remix of Civ 5 plus a bunch of annoyances, like the fact I have no intuition about whether something is a good territory because instead of cows and wheat the resources are sci-fi energy crystals I have to look up and find what tech allows you to work them and that kinda thing.

Matalarata

Arcane
Patron
I'm actually interested... Are they independent or should I start with the first one? If I can play either which one is the best? I know very little about the franchise...

Straight elf

Arcane
Patron
Strap Yourselves In Codex Year of the Donut
They are loosely related, but you won't really lose all that much by going straight for the later installments. However, I would advise against it due to the decline of quality over the course of the franchise. I can sincerely recommend the first Risen. It's truly a good game, especially the first three quarters or so. The second one is ... less good but still entertaining I suppose. The third one is pure shit.

Unkillable Cat

LEST WE FORGET
Patron
Codex 2014 Make the Codex Great Again! Grab the Codex by the pussy
What the Straight elf said. If you're familiar with Gothic 2, Risen is as close to a straight sequel as you're gonna get. I highly recommend it for that regard. If you're unfamiliar with the Gothic series, then Risen also serves as a good entry point, as it works out some of the "kinks" in the control scheme. (Gothic 1 & 2 had a "Git Gud or GTFO" approach to its controls.)

Risen 2 is...an inferior product to 1, but can still be enjoyed. (Just be ready for the QTE's.)

And I have to second Metro here...not even $8 seems fair enough a price for Risen 3 Complete.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom