Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

The STEAM Sales and Releases Thread

Jimmious

Arcane
Patron
Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag.
Hello - I need options to purchase Multiplayer or co op games to play with my young teen age son.

I am hoping to get him to respect some of the games Dad likes and get him a healthy respect for RPG. You could also treat as a social experiment to see if kids these days would ever play and enjoy RPG as I played back in the day.

Have done some research already about games in general.

SS2 - cheap - but fiendishly impossible to attain multiplayer
Civ IV - possible as we both like it - don't know how multiplayer works though
Dead space 2 - possible - but multiplayer is not story based
BIoshock 2 - possible
Titan Quest - have tried and got it working
Torchlight 2 - possible and cheap. Not sure how multiplayer works
D:OS - possible- Heard its good but expensive. I have not bought it yet let alone buying two versions.

So as the forum that knows RPG - what would you recommend to play as multiplayer or Coop?
Get D:OS, it's the best co-op CRPG ever.

tuluse

Arcane
Serpent in the Staglands Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Shadorwun: Hong Kong
Hello - I need options to purchase Multiplayer or co op games to play with my young teen age son.

I am hoping to get him to respect some of the games Dad likes and get him a healthy respect for RPG. You could also treat as a social experiment to see if kids these days would ever play and enjoy RPG as I played back in the day.

Have done some research already about games in general.

SS2 - cheap - but fiendishly impossible to attain multiplayer
Civ IV - possible as we both like it - don't know how multiplayer works though
Dead space 2 - possible - but multiplayer is not story based
BIoshock 2 - possible
Titan Quest - have tried and got it working
Torchlight 2 - possible and cheap. Not sure how multiplayer works
D:OS - possible- Heard its good but expensive. I have not bought it yet let alone buying two versions.

So as the forum that knows RPG - what would you recommend to play as multiplayer or Coop?
Civ4: Great fun. Depending on map size can take forever
D:OS incredibly fun

Also, going to games that are on GoG (also having it's summer sale)
Master of Orion 2 and Heroes of Might and Magic 3 are both really fun in hot seat. There is an "HD" version of HoMM3 on steam, but it actually looks worse than the original on GoG.

speaking of coop, can anyone recommend me some couch-coop games i can play with a friend or two?
guess for that purpose i prefer light, fun games that are easy to pick up
I have been searching for these too. There are quite a few side scrolling shooters like old arcade games (or actually old arcade games on steam). I know these are fun: Metal Slug 3, Bionic Commando Rearmed, Broforce. I just got 8-bit commando, haven't played it yet.

Divekick is a very simple and amazingly fun fighting game. Very good to get people into rages.

Trine 1 and 2 (only actually played first 1, but I assume 2 is more of the same) offer some co-op fun.

Edit: forgot 2 good games

Renegade Ops is a fun top down vehicle based shooter. Feels very GI Joe in atmosphere

Portal 2 has a split screen mode that isn't horrible. Huge number of fan maps for this.

Last edited:

I stalk the night
Patron
PC RPG Website of the Year, 2015 Codex 2016 - The Age of Grimoire Make the Codex Great Again! Grab the Codex by the pussy Insert Title Here RPG Wokedex Codex Year of the Donut Divinity: Original Sin 2
speaking of coop, can anyone recommend me some couch-coop games i can play with a friend or two?

The Lego games could fit what you're looking for. They're designed with 2 player local co-op in mind and fit your description pretty well. Co-optimus also has a nifty list of co-op games with different kinds of filters. Dunno how thorough it is, but could be a place to find ideas.

Last edited:

Quigs

Magister

Sportsfriends is great competitive co-op if you've got 3 friends over.

The Wii U is practically made for groups of friends coming over and playing video games.

What the hell is with the monster game. I have only gotten card drop with one account while others go dry even if they are above level 5.

Edit: Also it's way too intensive game for my shit computer, steam crashes often when playing.

sser

Arcane
Developer
The reviews are negative. A 50% rating is pretty bad for the normally lenient Steam review system.

DramaticPopcorn

Man, they dont even give gamespy alternative, no point in buying this like at all.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom