Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

The STEAM Sales and Releases Thread

sser

Arcane
Developer
Nostalgia overload on those 3DRealms games. Wacky Wheels' music :love:

Alien Carnage as the best of that bunch, at least back in the day.

There are now three different versions of the original Shadow Warrior available on Steam.

Shadow Warrior (Classic)

Shadow Warrior Classic (1997)

Shadow Warrior Classic Redux

Shadow Warrior Classic The World Warriors

Shadow Warrior Classic Special Champion Edition

Shadow Warrior Classic Turbo Hyper Fighting

Shadow Warrior Classic New Challengers

Shadow Warrior Classic HD Remix

Infinitron

I post news
Staff Member
Codex Year of the Donut Serpent in the Staglands Dead State Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Pathfinder: Kingmaker Pathfinder: Wrath I'm very into cock and ball torture I helped put crap in Monomyth

these look interesting. How difficult are they puzzle wise? And most importantly: Do they have dead ends?

They are interesting.

It's been a very long time, but from what I remember, they are not too difficult, but might have some pixel hunting issues. Dead ends...possibly, but I don't think they're too easy to fall into. In any case, the game is divided into missions (which aren't incredibly long), so even if you screw something up, you never have to restart the entire game, just that mission.

Unkillable Cat

LEST WE FORGET
Patron
Codex 2014 Make the Codex Great Again! Grab the Codex by the pussy
I played "25th Anniversary" way back in the day (CD talkie version) and I had a walkthrough with me, so most of the time I didn't get into trouble. HOWEVER the walkthrough was inaccurate, even though it was printed and published in an "esteemed UK PC magazine" so for the latter part of the game I had to guess to fill in the blanks, but even then I didn't get into too much trouble.

Note, however, that there are space combat fights in the game, like "mini-Wing Commander" sections, so it's not all purebred old-school adventure.

http://store.steampowered.com/app/344450/

Goat Simulator: GoatZ

That’s right - you’ve found the ONLY SURVIVAL GAME ON STEAM that is NOT in Early Access!*

You no longer have to fantasize about being a zombie goat in the middle of a zombie apocalypse, your dreams have finally come true!

Key Features
  • Mandatory crafting system because everyone else is doing it
  • Zombies that bug out. There’s a pun here about actual living bugs, but we’re not going to bother
  • You can craft anything in the world, as long as it’s one of the half dozen weapons in the game
  • Zombies, because this is a zombie game, remember?
  • A pretty big new map with some stuff in it
  • Completely realistic survival mode where you have to eat every damn five minutes to survive because Dean Hall & Garry Newman said so
  • Tons of unlockable new goats with special powers (wow, never thought I’d ever write that sentence a couple of years ago. Also hi mom)

*not totally sure if this is even true, to be honest we didn’t bother to look it up. But it’s still pretty funny, right?

:lol:

agris

Arcane
Patron
Some incredible deals at the Humble Store ATM; spring sale.
IL-2 Sturmovik: 1946 is on sale for $2.50. Apparently there's been a huge update that includes all expansions, a community patch for widescreen and correct FoV and a lot more.

https://www.humblebundle.com/store/p/il2sturmovik_1946_storefront

Il-2 1946 includes all of the original IL-2 series content: IL-2 Sturmovik™: Forgotten Battles, Ace Expansion Pack, Pacific Fighters™ and alternate histry campaigns of year 1946. What was years ago began as a one-aircraft study sim is now an astonishing anthology, with a whopping 229 flyable aircraft and over 300 aircraft total!

The game has been updated to the latest version 4.12.2. This community made update includes widescreen support with correct FOV, many new planes, maps and scenarios.

• New Aircraft: 32 new flyable fighters and bombers, and four new AI aircraft!
  • New Maps: Large new historical maps of the Kiev region; a map of Manchuria focusing on a border region between USSR, China and Japanese-occupied Korea; a large bonus Burma map; and an online Khalkin Gol / Nomonhan map.
  • New Campaigns: Nine new campaigns with nearly 200 missions add incredible realism and attention to detail. There are detailed careers for fighter and bomber pilots, for the German, Soviet, and Japanese air forces, offering such varied objectives as flying jet bombers over occupied Europe, to intercepting American B-29 Super fortresses over Iwo Jima and Japanese home islands!
  • Alternate History: Three of the nine campaigns are a departure into alternate history, focusing on hypothetical battles between the Soviet Union and Germany in the year 1946, while WWII still rages on.
  • Nearly 1,000 new Paint schemes: The new planes, as well as many of the other ones in the series, come with a host of historical paint schemes, showing many of the individual aircraft or squadrons that served in WWII.

Last edited:

Coyote

Arcane
Alpha Protocol -80% ($2.99)
1C Space Collection -80% ($6.99) (Parkan 2, Space Rangers HD, Star Wolves 1-3, The Tomorrow War, UFO: Aftermath, UFO: Aftershock)

GMG also has some bundles to celebrate its fifth anniversary (Clickr, PID, Rabbit Hole 3D, Rooms: The Main Building, Time Gentlemen Please! and Ben There Dan That!, A Valley Without Wind, Battlepaths, Ocean City Racing, Orborun, and Quest Run for $0.50 and Battlepaths, Shattered Haven, Skara - Starter Pack, Steel Storm: Burning Retribution Complete, Tidalis, Tower Wars, Zack Zero, Post Apocalyptic Mayhem, Rush Bros., and Canyon Capers for $0.50). Both of them easily pay for themselves in card money, so you might as well pick them up if there's anything that looks at all interesting to you.

Metro

Arcane
Beg Auditor
Alpha BROtocol is worth buying for $3. Combat is bad but the C&C from the dialogue scenes is quite good and there's a lot of subtle differences that play out later in the game depending on how you deal with people.

DramaticPopcorn

So is Planetary Annihilation worth it at -80%, or is it just a gimmick game ?
Only worth it for multiplayer which is highly competitive, full of bugs and has a fairly steep learning curve. It's more fun watching 'casts' of good games than actually playing, tbh.

It's dumbed down in some areas in comparison to SupCom: FA but with space level it can be quite fun.

lightbane

Arcane
https://www.humblebundle.com/store

A bunch of good games available now, from Injustice to Shadowrun Returns, Consortium and even Postal 2 + the Paradise Lost expansion (the last two for less than 10 €). Get these if only to piss off the SJWs that rage about how violent Hatred is.

DramaticPopcorn

LJGiQfZ.png

I feel the decline overtaking me :negative:

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom