Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

The STEAM Sales and Releases Thread

LundB

Mistakes were made.
Or Binary Domain if you can enjoy a decent third person shooter, since at least it has enemies that vault right the fuck over your cover so you can't just sit around popping moles all day unlike most of the crap in the genre.

pakoito

Arcane
Patron
Let me put on my non-buying pants for that sale.

Did anyone else pick up the roguelike sale on Humble Bundle?

Coyote

Arcane
Yeah, no region lock. Never mind, see below. Separate keys, too. They had the same deal a month ago during their Carnival sale. (I posted about it, but I think I ended up deleting it because they ran out of keys two minutes later.)

From what I've seen, they'll mark it pretty clearly in the "Importante" field on the left side of the page if keys are actually region-locked. I'm sure they're entirely aware that a sizable portion of their customer base consists of international bargain hunters.

Last edited:

Coyote

Arcane
Huh, that wasn't there when I looked a while ago.

Edit: Yeah, looks like they added it within the past hour. Some people still claiming they're able to activate the keys from elsewhere, so it might just be something they stuck on there to cover their asses, but I'd still be wary of it if you're not in South America.

Last edited:

MisterStone

Arcane
Let me put on my non-buying pants for that sale.

Considering throwing 10 bux at that one, but tbh the denuding of the phrase "roguelike" makes me butthurt, and most o- the games look kind of weak. Is Delver worth plaing with at least?

Unkillable Cat

LEST WE FORGET
Patron
Codex 2014 Make the Codex Great Again! Grab the Codex by the pussy

Considering throwing 10 bux at that one, but tbh the denuding of the phrase "roguelike" makes me butthurt, and most o- the games look kind of weak. Is Delver worth plaing with at least?

It's still in Early Access, but while it both gives me a big Shadowcaster/Ultima Underworld vibe, it also feels like several other roguelikes I've played in recent years, especially Dungeon Quest.

Wizard's Lizard looks like a Binding of Isaac clone and Nightmare Cooperative doesn't look interesting at all. Finally, Road Not Taken looks like it borrows a few pages from DROD.

pakoito

Arcane
Patron
Haven't played it, but it's libgdx's flagship project and jump to Steam fame and I <3 Mario so I'll vouch for it.

Wizard's Lizard is a worse TBoI but seems worth playing given that I've burned out Isaac already at 70 hours. I haven't played the others yet.

LundB

Mistakes were made.
Huh, that wasn't there when I looked a while ago.

Edit: Yeah, looks like they added it within the past hour. Some people still claiming they're able to activate the keys from elsewhere, so it might just be something they stuck on there to cover their asses, but I'd still be wary of it if you're not in South America.
I took the risk since whatever, it's cheap. Can confirm that you only need vpn/proxy to buy it, the keys activate on Steam just fine without one wherever you are (activated in Kwalifornia).

LundB

Mistakes were made.
Same goes for Resident Evil 5, grab your damn GFWL Steam key before it vanishes into Gabens all knowing, all loving fleshy folds.

Wait, what's going on with RE5?
Dumping GFWL and converting to Steamworks.

So, what do I have to save off? Just the "CD key" from Steam?
No matter what, you still have the game, just without GFWL.

The reason to grab the cd key is that the gfwl keys will be able to activate on steam when a transfer to steamworks is made, meaning you'd end up with an extra copy if you can grab the key before they remove the option. These extra keys can then be sold or given to bros after the changeover so that they also have the game.

Metro

Arcane
Beg Auditor
Problem? Those games have been in indie bundles a couple of times. The discount isn't surprising.

pippin

Topware games are always on sale on Steam too. It's like they took the Bad Rats path to getting money for future projects.

Hellraiser

Arcane
SEGA sale, Valkyria Chronicles is 66% off which is a first (used to be just 50%).

Also Alpha Protocol is 50% off :troll:

Kind of tempted to get COH2, to crush some russkies, but the first one's campaign was meh (multiplayer was great, until the balance went totally out of whack in COH:OF).

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom