Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

The STEAM Sales and Releases Thread

Unkillable Cat

LEST WE FORGET
Patron
Codex 2014 Make the Codex Great Again! Grab the Codex by the pussy
Where is your Gaben now, tr00 believer?

:troll:

Echo Mirage

Arcane
Any ideas when the next steam sale is going to start? I hear people saying possibly mid march or during the spring break.

I really want that Songs of Byzantium pack for CK 2. I missed the sale last time by an hour :argh:

Unkillable Cat

LEST WE FORGET
Patron
Codex 2014 Make the Codex Great Again! Grab the Codex by the pussy
Finally some stuff worth posting about:
Luftrausers -75%: http://store.steampowered.com/app/233150/
Squishy Suicidal Pig -95% - might be worth it for the cards: http://store.steampowered.com/app/318430/

I own these two.

Luftrausers gets old really quick, and handles unlockables in a manner that requires needless grinding. Not recommended.

Squishy is a puzzle platformer with the sick twist that you're supposed to kill yourself on every level, which is actually not as easy as it sounds. It gets more compliacted further on. For .14 it's well worth a go, and the cards are a nice bonus.

OSK

Arcane
Patron
Codex 2012 Codex 2013 Codex 2014 PC RPG Website of the Year, 2015 Codex 2016 - The Age of Grimoire Make the Codex Great Again! Serpent in the Staglands Dead State Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 BattleTech Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire
Wow. That's quite the announcement of a number of mainstream games coming to Linux.

Metro

Arcane
Beg Auditor
2K, SEGA, Paradox, Deep Silver, CD Projket, and Warner Brothers. And the usual indie suspects.

Most of the big ones aside from Bethesderp. I didn't really doubt it. Steam is such a huge presence it was only a matter of time before the big publishers fell in line. GabeN is taking on Microsoft.

tuluse

Arcane
Serpent in the Staglands Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Shadorwun: Hong Kong
Paradox and CD Projekt have been linux compatible for a while. Clauswitz engine for Paradox has been for over a year now. CDP cheats by using a wine wrapper, but C for effort I suppose.

I'd like to see the Jap devs get on this since they're making console games anyways, but it seems just programming for Windows is a herculean task for them.

Edit: 2k/Firaxis has been supporting linux since Civ5 as well.

Metro

Arcane
Beg Auditor
Paradox and CD Projekt have been linux compatible for a while. Clauswitz engine for Paradox has been for over a year now. CDP cheats by using a wine wrapper, but C for effort I suppose.

I'd like to see the Jap devs get on this since they're making console games anyways, but it seems just programming for Windows is a herculean task for them.

Capcom gunna Capcom. They're always a couple years behind the trend. Only now are they working on Steam versions of Dead Rising 2/OTR migrating it off of GFWL.

pippin

Memoria spoils the ending of the first game right away. It could be necessary for context as well.

Starwars

Arcane
Valiant Hearts is shit. I really enjoyed Child of Light though you have to kinda play it for the aesthetics. Gameplay isn't *bad* but it's not exactly great either.

I found the game extremely charming.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom