Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

The STEAM Sales and Releases Thread

Coyote

Arcane
Just so people are aware, apparently one of the client updates in late January broke offline mode a bit. Games that store their save data exclusively in Steam\userdata will appear to have deleted your saves unless you're in online mode. In some cases they'll also still work (a) if you're in offline mode but have Steam cloud synchronization enabled both for your account as a whole and under that specific game's properties, or (b) after saving in offline mode as long as you don't close the Steam client in the meantime. The saves aren't gone (unless you start playing and the game overwrites them); they just won't be recognized until you go online.

Edit: It looks like the February 6 beta client update has fixed the issue, so presumably it'll be fixed for everyone soon enough.

Self-Ejected

Ulminati

Kamelåså!
Patron
Wargame series is 75% off on Steam right now. European Escalation is so-so, but Airland Battle and Red Dragon are very solid RTS'es for people who like the genre. Red Dragon is the newest of the 3, so its the easiest to find a game for. All 3 games have SP campaigns, but they are designed with MP in mind. You can even co-op the SP campaigns with a bro if you're into that.

Cleveland Mark Blakemore

Golden Era Games
Übermensch Developer
Hey, Derek Smart giving his games out for free: http://store.steampowered.com/app/345580/

25 YEAR ANNIVERSARY OF THE BATTLECRUISER SERIES
Remastered for the 2015 Steam release marking the 25 year anniversary since the world and characters that spawned the first Battlecruiser 3000AD (1996)
game were created, thus starting the long journey.

This game is currently FREE exclusively on Steam. We have released it in order to introduce a new generation to these highly advanced capital ship combat games.

And since the graphics are now showing their age, we are in the process of doing another refresh of this game which will be released later this year as Universal Combat Advanced. It will also be available on Steam.

Retaining all the existing gameplay features*, this advanced version will be a complete graphics (space and planetary) engine overhaul, an upgrade of the entire 3D model (ships, stations, planet bases, character models, weapons etc) and arts assets using the more advanced ones from our recent Line Of Defense MMO game (also available here on Steam) as well as upgraded versions of all special effects, audio and other similar game assets. It will also contain a new 32 mission campaign scenario playable with any of the capital ships in the game.

If you enjoy this v2.0 refresh of the game, then you can look forward to an even better experience later this year.

* While there are currently no plans to add any new features, we are working on a surprise feature that will completely blow your mind, while adding an even more immersive experience. HINT: If you haven't yet, check out the Engstrom class carrier, the GCV-Starguard in our Line Of Defense MMO game currently on Steam Early Access. That is the same carrier that is now featured in this Steam release of Universal Combat CE v2.0. And you get to fly it, though you can't do that in Line Of Defense.

Cleveland Mark Blakemore

Derek is a generous guy. I hope someday to do as much good for this world and its people as the honourable Dr. Smart.

There is now an entire wing in an Italian hospital devoted to orphaned soda machines without homes, all thanks to Dr. Smart's philanthropy and charity work.

Denizens of the future will wonder who this bronzed towering titan represents when Smart's statues are uncovered by the shifting sands 500 years from now in some far flung post-apocalyptic desert. Blowing the dust off the frontispiece they will behold a simple dedication on the copper plate. DEREK SMART. SMARTEST MAN ON EARTH. PERIOD.

Someday in the near future, Derek and I will be doing the kick-starter to raise funds for our fan made film ME AND MY NEANDERTHAL with twin billing SMART … BLAKEMORE … THE ADVENTURE BEGINS. It will be possibly the most action-packed kickass buddy film in human history. Derek and I will be racing against time to save the computer game industry from Anedda Suckcheesians robot drone army coming online to enforce a cruel dystopian totalitarian regime with all human creativity compelled to obey licensing codes outlined in FEMINIST FREQUENCY propaganda films. Words cannot even describe how awesome this movie will be. It will be like STAR WARS plus BUCKAROO BONZAI plus SCHINDLER'S LIST meets HEAVENS GATE meets SPEED.

Derek will be the hardbitten cop on the edge with ten days to retirement. I will be the comic relief, of course.

Outlander

Custom Tags Are For Fags.
Patron
Divinity: Original Sin Wasteland 2 Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag.
Someone gave that away in the begstravaganza thread and I asked for it. Then I watched some youtube gameplay video and didn't want it anymore. Thankfully someone else got it.

sser

Arcane
Developer
Now that's a blast from the past. When I was a kid, my friend down the street owned this game. His "watch Top Gun every weekend" dad played the hell out of it.

Zarniwoop

TESTOSTERONIC As Fuck™
Patron
Shadorwun: Hong Kong
So when does the "reboot" come out, being a first person shooter as Apogee always intended, but couldn't do because technology?

With "engaging" plot, lens flares and scantily clad bitchez of courss.

Unkillable Cat

LEST WE FORGET
Patron
Codex 2014 Make the Codex Great Again! Grab the Codex by the pussy
So when does the "reboot" come out, being a first person shooter as Apogee always intended, but couldn't do because technology?

With "engaging" plot, lens flares and scantily clad bitchez of courss.

I thought that was what "Terminal Velocity" was all about.

(Possibly minus the scantily clad bitchez, of courss.)

evdk

comrade troglodyte :M
Patron
Codex 2012 Serpent in the Staglands Dead State Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag.
Super sekrit not so sekrit sale that isn't live yet http://store.steampowered.com/sale/valentine/
1s8ELPz.jpg

:troll:

Metro

Arcane
Beg Auditor
I'd rather have a Forever Alone sale than most of those titles that have already been discounted to death.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom