Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

The STEAM Sales and Releases Thread

DramaticPopcorn

>3DMark advanced
gabening-intensifies.gif

Bruticis

^ Most at shit discounts and solely for the purpose of adding entries to your library rather than playing.
I bet there's a point buried somewhere in your post, hidden and waiting to be found. Got any hints for me to seek it out?

tuluse

Arcane
Serpent in the Staglands Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Shadorwun: Hong Kong
Grabbed
Postal
Assetto Corsa
ToME
Talisman + some DLCs
Contrast
Killer is Dead (actually bought this on humble store, comes with a steam key)

Got gifted
Double Dragon: Neon

Turjan

Arcane
I got Space Engineers, Prison Architect and some CiM2 DLC.
Also Metal Gear Rising: Revengeance and Anno 1404.
Plus two games where the cards cost more than the games.

Unkillable Cat

LEST WE FORGET
Patron
Codex 2014 Make the Codex Great Again! Grab the Codex by the pussy
I bet there's a point buried somewhere in your post, hidden and waiting to be found. Got any hints for me to seek it out?

Well, someone could point out that at least one title in there is free. I'm not gonna trawl through the whole list to see if there are more of them, but the fact that you're just padding your Steam account to try to look worthy in the eyes of Gaben significant in any manner is obvious to everyone by now.

Lyric Suite

Converting to Islam
Ho fuck, i just bought both the Anno games and i only now noticed that it has some bullshit 3 hardware activation limit. You got to be fucking shitting me, right? Did i just throw 16 euros down the tubes?

Lyric Suite

Converting to Islam
I guess i can live with that. I really hate wasting money on bullshit and didn't know those type of idiotic protection systems still existed.

BTW, am i going crazy or wasn't there more Anno games on steam than those two? I remember seeing Anno 1701 at least, but maybe my brain fog is tricking me.

pippin

If you use chrome or firefox, there's Enhanced Steam, which has many neat features, including telling you if a game uses drm or if it's available for a lower price elsewhere.

Screen (not mine):
8jb31Ns.png

Bruticis

Well, someone could point out that at least one title in there is free. I'm not gonna trawl through the whole list to see if there are more of them, but the fact that you're just padding your Steam account to try to look worthy in the eyes of Gaben significant in any manner is obvious to everyone by now.
Hi, welcome to the kodex, who are you again? Now kindly go back to the begging thread and wait for me to grace you with more drops you diseased beggar.

Multi-headed Cow

I guess i can live with that. I really hate wasting money on bullshit and didn't know those type of idiotic protection systems still existed.

BTW, am i going crazy or wasn't there more Anno games on steam than those two? I remember seeing Anno 1701 at least, but maybe my brain fog is tricking me.
1701 was there, and Dawn of Discovery was pulled but was later re-added.

Edit: Also on the topic of Anno games I agree with Konjad that they're all similar enough that there isn't any one that's massively better than the rest. As red blooded god-fearing American I lean toward 2070 though because hamburgers are a resource in it, and goddamn pirates will attack your hamburger freighters so you need a powerful military to protect the burgs.

Last edited by a moderator:

commie

The Last Marxist
Patron
Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Divinity: Original Sin 2
Wish they had the first two Codename Panzers games instead of the shit one and Hidden and Dangerous series on Steam or GOG or wherever! One of the best RTS series out there(Bit like MOW though more closer to traditional RTS and the best WW2 FPS/TPS tactical game series, and not a fucking peep anywhere??

uaciaut

Augur
Yo i'm back to ask which tropico game(s) should i start the series with?

Also shadowrun: dragonfall - yay or nay.

Last edited:

tuluse

Arcane
Serpent in the Staglands Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Shadorwun: Hong Kong

Also shadowrun: dragonfall - yay or nay.
The first one remains the best from what I've read.

And yes, if you like somewhat limited, but fun rpgs.

Phage

Arcane
Manlet
The first one remains the best from what I've read.

nopenopenopenopeNOPE.

Get Tropico 4 honestly. Each Tropico has been a slight upgrade over the last. Five is probably better than Four, but doesn't feature enough of an upgrade to warrant the significantly higher price. Four is very close to being the same experience.

Be prepared for nothing spectacular - just an amusing little city builder with different victory conditions on each island (One island will make you focus on tourism, one will make you grow a giant papaya, one will have a big crime problem, etc)

Bruticis

nopenopenopenopeNOPE.

Get Tropico 4 honestly. Each Tropico has been a slight upgrade over the last. Five is probably better than Four, but doesn't feature enough of an upgrade to warrant the significantly higher price. Four is very close to being the same experience.

Be prepared for nothing spectacular - just an amusing little city builder with different victory conditions on each island (One island will make you focus on tourism, one will make you grow a giant papaya, one will have a big crime problem, etc)
This. Just get 4 and wait for 5 and all the DLC to be in a future bundle.

Lyric Suite

Converting to Islam
Is Bad Company 2 still active? It seems to have a lot of glowing reviews, even for the single player, but its Steam reviews.

Last edited:

Markman

da Blitz master
Patron
Serpent in the Staglands Codex USB, 2014 Shadorwun: Hong Kong
EA's Battlefield Bad Company? Its free on Origin if Im not wrong. Download and check it out. Singleplayer should be solid.

DramaticPopcorn

^Bad Company's online is pretty much dead, at least from half a year ago. It occasionally springs to life when some popular BF streamers decide to play it but that doesn't happen very often. Maybe with steam sale its online will become online again I dunno

Dudes, is Dragon Commander's RTS part any good? From the gameplay clips it doesn't look that interesting really. Just attack move all units towards the enemy base

Metro

Arcane
Beg Auditor
It's basically a Choose Your Own Adventure thing. If the story is worth $10 to you, have at it.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom