Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

The STEAM Sales and Releases Thread

amdus

Arbiter

Abu Antar

Turn-based Poster
Patron
Enjoy the Revolution! Another revolution around the sun that is. Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Pathfinder: Wrath I'm very into cock and ball torture I helped put crap in Monomyth
Bought Lara Croft and the Temple of Osiris for £6 from Green Man Gaming. That's a good deal for a 2 week old game.

Turjan

Arcane
WTF, this game is $1 now? :lol: http://store.steampowered.com/app/104900/

Looks like it was enough to get it some positive feedback. I guess that's one way to recover from a critical thrashing. That and renaming your game a bunch of times.
The biggest troll is that you can vote for it as "player's choice" for a bigger discount, another 25 cents off :D. Let's see whether it will win the vote.
And it won :troll:

[Metro]75% off or bust![/Metro] :D

Or maybe the price is right to look at that trainwreck.

Multi-headed Cow

To Ziggurat or not to Ziggurat. Played Brut's copy a bit and I'm still not sure. I mostly liked what I saw but it seemed like there wasn't enough variety in weapons/rooms/enemies/everything. Price is ooookaaaaay but will inevitably get cheaper and I don't feel a massive burning desire for it. Probably wait. Probably. (probably)

If they do some crappy 20% off sale or some shit on This War of Mine though I'll most likely give in.

Eyeball

Arcane
Ziggurat is my personal sleeper hit of 2014. I wholeheartedly recommend it. It's basically a room-by-room arena shooter, but there is enough weapon and enemy variety to make it both challenging and fun. Totally worth 8 euros.

Metro

Arcane
Beg Auditor
The day it became acceptable to link to Total Biscuit on the Codex is the day this place died.

pippin

I'd say it's worth it if you're planning to play the Long War mod. The game, as it is, is not as hard as Open/Xcom. It's certainly more linear. I enjoyed it, but many old school folks think it's too simple compared with older games. Xenonauts, on the other hand, doesn't seem to go cheaper on sales.

Sykar

Arcane
I'd say it's worth it if you're planning to play the Long War mod. The game, as it is, is not as hard as Open/Xcom. It's certainly more linear. I enjoyed it, but many old school folks think it's too simple compared with older games. Xenonauts, on the other hand, doesn't seem to go cheaper on sales.

How is the new X Com simpler? Older X Com had no cover system outside of LoS. No classes, all soldier were basically the same in endgame with some minor stat differences. Reaction Fire was a massive RNG fest, instead of something you could really plan with.

pippin

I was thinking in the strategy aspect, mostly in terms of base management. Also, the encounters and the general pace of the game seems a lot more streamlined than the original. But yeah, I do appreciate the combat in the new Xcom.

Markman

da Blitz master
Patron
Serpent in the Staglands Codex USB, 2014 Shadorwun: Hong Kong
I picked up Ziggurat. Spent 2 hours already, its pretty fun, died 8 times so far, made it till the second boss 3 times where I got raped.
Its fun experimenting with the perks, like get double XP but recieve double damage etc etc

Todays sale items are shit tho, nothing I dont already have or am interested in.

Sykar

Arcane
I was thinking in the strategy aspect, mostly in terms of base management. Also, the encounters and the general pace of the game seems a lot more streamlined than the original. But yeah, I do appreciate the combat in the new Xcom.

I found base management mostly tedious later. Especially selling stuff was annoying and even with 6 storage rooms I had to regularly sell stuff. In that regard, I like planning only one base. Steam fields give you an incentive to plan really long ahead imho, thermal generators are just that powerful.

My only big gripe with the new X Com was the very limited squat size. Luckily, Long War fixes that for me.

Modron

Arcane
The day it became acceptable to link to Total Biscuit on the Codex is the day this place died.

So now this place must be ashes already, because it's a long time since they started linking TB videos.

I believe the operative word there is acceptable, not like people are brofisting the post or excited about it (in a positive manner that is).

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom