Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

The STEAM Sales and Releases Thread

Country_Gravy

Arcane
Patron
Wasteland 2
B4le_oMCUAAfMa3.jpg
Printing that out and putting it up above the fireplace.

Multi-headed Cow

Super happy about Strife coming to Steam. Night Dive is doing god-Gaben's work. :salute:
I'll be able to give my physical copy a viking burial, and as the smoke rises up into the sky it joins Gaben in the cloud~

Multi-headed Cow

http://store.steampowered.com/app/317040/

Still happy but... uh... Those lighting effects are pretty awful. Not just the bloom which is arguably the least annoying thing there, the dynamic lights are kinda too garish. Hoping there's a setting to disable 'em. Considering D1P but I may gird my loins and wait since I wouldn't want to instantly play some Strife anyway.

Jick Magger

Arcane
Patron
PC RPG Website of the Year, 2015 Serpent in the Staglands Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 Bubbles In Memoria
Guess this is just an excuse for people to clear out all of their useless cards.

Whole thing is silly, though. Seems it'd be alot easier to just buy the games on sale than to convert god knows how many cards into gems and bid on them.

Haha, the top bid on the 2014 Holiday Profile item went from 170.000 to 250.000 gems in like two minutes.

If it was a bet, I'd be interested, just for some minigame fun...but a straight auction? You'll never beat the obsessed guys with clogged inventories.

Siveon

Bot
Shadorwun: Hong Kong
Honest, some steam users scare the shit out of me. 2000+ games, and only touches Left 4 Dead and Team Fortress 2. If that isn't some form of insanity I don't know what is.

I'm not investing my time in a competition with those guys no siree.

Grim Monk

Arcane
Strife is coming to Steam, courtesy of Night Dive Studios: http://store.steampowered.com/app/317040

The Original Strife is back!

From Youtube Comments:

FancyPocketWatch:
Mind answering some questions?

1) Do you guys have the source code or did you reverse-engineer it?
2) How did you obtain the rights when the original developer Rogue is dead?
3) Aren't you concerned about the MOBA named Strife or is that already resolved?

Sincerely,
some random twat on the internet who's also a Strife fan.

Cheers! :)
Night Dive Studios:
Howdy!

1) We are using a heavily modified version of Chocolate Doom. We are working on releasing the original source code from Strife to the community for free.
2) We're working with ex-Rogue employees who retained the rights.

3) We are not concerned.

Thanks for taking the time to comment!

Okay that's actually cool!
:bro:

They are doing some actual new work, and the original devs are getting a cut.
I might pick this up when comes out on GOG.

tuluse

Arcane
Serpent in the Staglands Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Shadorwun: Hong Kong
I crafted 2 cards into 62 gems, then looked at the auction list and decided to ignore the whole thing.

Unkillable Cat

LEST WE FORGET
Patron
Codex 2014 Make the Codex Great Again! Grab the Codex by the pussy
I see this, and all I'm thinking is "FINALLY I can get rid of these unwanted things in my Steam Inventory".

And yet, when I try anything, I get...

"There was an error communicating with the network. Please try again later."

Last edited:

BlackAdderBG

Arcane
Patron
Codex 2013 Codex 2014 PC RPG Website of the Year, 2015 Codex 2016 - The Age of Grimoire Grab the Codex by the pussy Codex USB, 2014 Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Pathfinder: Kingmaker
You do not get rid of cards,all cards have value and can be sold.Other shit like profile backgrounds and chat emotes give x10 more gems and are practically unsellable.

Unkillable Cat

LEST WE FORGET
Patron
Codex 2014 Make the Codex Great Again! Grab the Codex by the pussy
Well, I finally got through to the server and managed to convert my junk into gems - 1180 of them in total.

That was enough for me to convert them into a booster back to help me complete a card set I was looking to craft into a badge, which yielded items which I converted into enough gems to help me craft them into a booster pack for the OTHER card set I was looking to complete, and I only had to buy one card to complete that - which led to me getting the same holiday card again (crafting badges now gives you one of the 2014 holiday cards) which I sold for $.20.

So I came out ahead by a few cents and gained a Steam level, cleaned out my Steam inventory and crafted my "to do" badges. All in all, a good night.

And then by accident I found out that you can buy 1000 gems at the market for about $.06

:facepalm:

BlackAdderBG

Arcane
Patron
Codex 2013 Codex 2014 PC RPG Website of the Year, 2015 Codex 2016 - The Age of Grimoire Grab the Codex by the pussy Codex USB, 2014 Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Pathfinder: Kingmaker
OK this will end maybe soon ,but you can craft packs that sell for 0,40$ for 400 gems.:hmmm: .Damn you can make 1 pack of each game per day.

Still somewhere in russia bunch of people are buying gems for 0,03$,making packs and selling them for 0,30$.PoE packs are down from 0,32€ to 0,18€ just in 15 min.

I'll not buy gems and make packs ,bans are coming for sure.If they don't the cost of each card soon will be 0,03€.:?

Last edited:

stony3k

Augur
Patron
Strap Yourselves In
I wish I could turn some useless coupons into gems. Those are the main things clogging my inventory

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom