Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

The STEAM Sales and Releases Thread

SirSingAlot

Arbiter
Oh wow, Planetary Anihhilation for €5,99 is just sad. From €44 Early Access proffesional test to €27 and moment later -80% discount.
Did they patched it already? Can you save anytime?

also, is the Warhammer 40k Platinum Edition worth it at 4.99?
http://store.steampowered.com/sub/448/

I can't see it for some reason. Is that only for first DoW? Then yes but avoid Soulstorm cause it's cheesy like hell [SPACE MARINES ARE COWARDS, THEY HIDE IN THE METAL BOXES!]. DoW2 sucks overall and only Retribution with Last Stand mode was ok.
There was a lot of mods for DoW1, but can't find them now, all stuff is lost.
maybe its country restricted?

package is Warhammer 40k Dawn of War GotY Edition+ Dark Crusade

Baron Dupek

Arcane
Sale is over, finally...
Not that I bought anything but still reason to enjoy [to not see titles that I can't buy, thanks my bank account].

Azalin

Arcane
Patron
I got Age of Wonders 3,Age of Empires 3,Walking Dead season 2 and Marlow Briggs and finally broke the 200 games barrier

:kfc:

Inb4 2k Steam game lists

LundB

Mistakes were made.
Inb4 2k Steam game lists
Nah, Bruticis is the only person on the Codex with over 2k games.

Unless you count DLCs too in which case there are a few.

My haul was pretty small, only really got frontpage deal shit, left most good stuff I want for winter sale on the offchance that the sale will be a bit better:
Shadow Warrior
Timeshift
Singularity
Castlevania Mirror of Fate HD
Castlevania Lords of Shadow 2
Shadowgate
Kingdoms of Amalur: Reckoning
Assassin's Creed Liberation
Assassin's Creed III Deluxe Edition
COD Black Ops II Deluxe Edition
Saints Row IV Game of the Century Upgrade Pack

:popamole:

Last edited:

LundB

Mistakes were made.
Inb4 2k Steam game lists
Nah, Bruticis is the only person on the Codex with over 2k games.

Unless you count DLCs too in which case there are a few.

How many does the Cow have?
Bruticis: 2635 games, 1539 DLCs
Cow: 1844 games, ??? DLCs
Me: 1409 games, 825 DLCs
Clockwork Knight: 1304 games, ??? DLCs
Markman: 1012 games, 497 DLCs

Pretty sure those are the top 5 steamwhorespriests.

Metro

Arcane
Beg Auditor
Sale was crap. Didn't buy a thing. Missed MMX for $6, will pick it up in a few weeks. Other than that their discounts will have to be a lot better for me to move on anything else.

Abu Antar

Turn-based Poster
Patron
Enjoy the Revolution! Another revolution around the sun that is. Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Pathfinder: Wrath I'm very into cock and ball torture I helped put crap in Monomyth
Only game I bought was Batman: Arkham Origins.

I also got Balckguards 2, but that wasn't really on the STEAM sale.

Multi-headed Cow

I picked up:

Space Hack
SotS the Pit: Juggernaut
Iesabel
Moonbase Commander
Battleblock Theater
The Desolate Hope
Landmark temporary beta thing? I dunno it was free from Brut and I'm counting it
Rome Total War 2 (Spoiler, it still seems kinda bad)
Asscream: Mordor
Metal Gear Revengeance
Castlevania Lords of Shadow 2
Castlevania Lords of Shadow Mirror of Fate
A ton of garbage EU4 DLC (Basically all the cosmetic shit plus Res Publica)
Saints Row 4 complete DLC bundle
Edit: Oh yeah, Asscream Liberation was in there too

Not terribly exciting. The one thing I'm genuinely pretty happy about is orc killing sim 2014. $20 at Amazon and I had $15 credit and it's a pretty cool game. Lot of the rest is varying degrees of eh. Metal Gear and the Castlevanias look like decent beat 'em ups and were cheap enough to pick up for that, DLC is almost never exciting but when it gets cheap enough I have a hard time resisting, and a lot of the indie games don't look terribly exciting. Came close to buying 40-50 games for +1s at sub-dollar prices but then I decided I shouldn't backslide and should only buy shit I'm slightly interested in instead of shit entirely for +1s. Disadvantage is I probably won't crack 2k games this year but oh well.

deuxhero

Arcane
Bought 1C space collection last night when it was on sale. What should I play first and what advice can you give me on it?

Also got Korra and Red Faction Guerrilla on midweek madness right after the sale ended.

Last edited:

SirSingAlot

Arbiter
got Darksiders 2 and Banner Sage

in times of bundles and key resellers there is no need to follow the discount craziness that comes with steam sales.

that beeing said, i am looking forward to the xmas sale to extend my library with games i will never have time to play

Telengard

Arcane
Bought 1C space collection last night when it was on sale. What should I play first and what advice can you give me on it?
Star Wolves and Space Rangers are the highlights.

Hold your nose whenever dialogue comes up. Translations tend to be bad, and who knows if they were much good to begin with. Space Rangers has supposedly been reinterpreted, so you may not have to on that one. I wouldn't never; haven't seen the update.

Don't spam your specials, even though they're on a cooldown timer. They have to be saved and timed.

And that's about it, really. They're not stunningly hard games.

Telengard

Arcane
2 and 3 aren't decline in the Codexian sense. They're more of a cash-in level of quality. So, old school kind of decline. If you end up liking you 1, you will still enjoy 2 and 3, since the overall gameplay doesn't really change. Instead, the story takes a few hits in quality (possibly due to translation, but more likely due to the usual issues sequels have), the game balance is less even, and there's more bugs.

Baron Dupek

Arcane
I picked up:

Space Hack
:) I remember this one. Humongous. If you play it, please tell me how far you persevered :)

Not sure about him, but I managed to beat it.
This one and another RebelMind title called Frater - Well of Souls (forgot the alternative title).
Why?
Not sure, I propably broke game enough to make it enjoyable with .CFG editing (these medpacks prices) which was somewhat mandatory considering the fact that (1) shooting is best option to survive here and (2) ammunition is currency, just like Metro 2033/LL and Marauder-Man of Prey. And my machine sucked ass yet Morrowind didn't worked on it so it was only title to kill time. Speaking about time...

See these domes in loading screen? There is about 15 of them. Each of them take 1h if you do some/lot of rushing through, or carefully cleaning take 2-3h. So that was basically grinding experience. I don't need to play MMORPGs for the rest of my life.
PS. last boss was cheater and biggest bullet sponge that I met in my gaming life.
And that was before I discovered best h'n's game - Diablo1+The Hell mod.

I give myself:hero: out of 10
space-hack-pc-.jpg
print_work_space_hack_2.jpg

Last edited:

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom