Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

The STEAM Sales and Releases Thread

Multi-headed Cow

Space Ace and Dragon's Lair are 75% off each. You guys want those, right? And 80% off You Are Being Hunted. And 40% off Legends of Eisenwald for some inexplicable reason. 20% off Wrack.

Eh, I dunno. Probably end up buying something.

Starwars

Arcane
Is Sir, You Are Being Hunted worth it for that cheap price? It looks interesting but I hear both a lot of good stuff as well as a lot of bad stuff.

Cazzeris

Betrayer looks interesting, would some of you recommend it to a big S.T.A.L.K.E.R. fan?

The fact that it had Monolith devs working on the game makes me want it even more.

Surf Solar

cannot into womynz
This word is not in your vocabulary.

untitled1b5pnt.png

:hmmm:

Lyric Suite

Converting to Islam
Is Derp Space any good? Two and a half euros each. Also the new Alice. Art looks now, wonder if shit game.

Zed

Codex Staff
Patron
Staff Member
Codex USB, 2014
Is Derp Space any good? Two and a half euros each. Also the new Alice. Art looks now, wonder if shit game.
derp space has atrocious UI and shitty controls. I regret my purchase from a couple of years ago.

Multi-headed Cow

Is Sir, You Are Being Hunted worth it for that cheap price? It looks interesting but I hear both a lot of good stuff as well as a lot of bad stuff.

That's what I'm wondering about. It's also grade-A fuel for indie bundles, but the premise does sound kinda neat and it's cheap so it's a bit tempting.

If you look at it more like an action game it's really good. Really excellent sound, pretty eyecandy, nice look to the ship and aliums. Not so great as a horror game. Possibly gets a little better if you crank the difficulty but honestly, I enjoyed it more for the sights and sounds. I did use a controller for it though so Zed may be right for keyboard and mouse.

Haven't played the new Alice but I've heard it has fairly decent gameplay to go with the great graphics. Not up to snuff with the first Alice but not terrible. Second-hand info though since I haven't gotten around to playing it yet myself.

Edit: Nice, 20% off on Xulima too.

Multi-headed Cow

What about Derpsiders? Guess i'm kinda scraping the barrel with those deals.
Ran through that. Relatively fun for button mashy console combat but it lasts longer than it should. Super light puzzling with an assload of monster smashing. 'sok.

Metro

Arcane
Beg Auditor
Derpsiders is okay if you like hack-n-slash combat with super saiyan over 9000 combos. It's not particularly challenging and there is more emphasis on exploration/puzzles than there is on combat itself. I pushed myself to finish the first and quit the sequel about halfway through.

Derpspace is good-for-what-it-is. The controls aren't that terrible but the perspective is intentionally shitty to increase challenge and the camera angles can be aggravating a lot of times. Still, it's fun to shoot things limbs off. I beat the game with the default weapon upgraded. The other weapons (other than the really big line cutter) are mostly trash.

Shitty sale, will wait for Thanksgiving. Maybe getting the Penumbra bundle since that's not getting cheaper ever.

sser

Arcane
Developer
Damn, was hoping Styx would go back on sale.

Note for future reference:

Sherlcok Holmes
Styx (non-sale)
Detective Grimoire
Gorky 17
Depths of Fear: Knossos
Alone in the Dark: the New Nightmare
Call of Cthulhu Wasted Land

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom