Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

The STEAM Sales and Releases Thread

Black

Arcane
Sacrifice is currently on sale.
If you don't have it yet grab it even for the voice cast itself.

pakoito

Arcane
Patron
Sacrifice is currently on sale.
If you don't have it yet grab it even for the voice cast itself.
That game I've played the tutorial like 5 times but never got into the campaign. If only the controls were a bit better and it wasn't buggy as fuck on new hardware.

sbb

Learned
Never played it.
$6.29 seems like a semi-ridiculous price for any top-down survival shooter in 2014 (regular price is $13.99??????). It seems fairly standard, and there are probably better games out there, exactly like it, for free. Bear in mind I haven't played this one, but I have seen several videos :obviously:

Alienman

Retro-Fascist
Patron
Codex 2016 - The Age of Grimoire Make the Codex Great Again! Grab the Codex by the pussy Codex Year of the Donut Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag.
I played it a couple of days ago and I have no trouble finding populated servers (without bots)
And I would say yes, it's worth it. The flamethrower alone is worth 5 bucks :)

Cholo

Arcane
Somehow I never touched these. If you could only pick one from the sale, which would you recommend? Is Napoleon any good? (I want to be an arthur wellesley)

Konjad

Patron
Strap Yourselves In Codex Year of the Donut Codex+ Now Streaming! Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag.
Somehow I never touched these. If you could only pick one from the sale, which would you recommend? Is Napoleon any good? (I want to be an arthur wellesley)
Medieval II Total War (because it has great mods - Broken Crescent and Stainless Steel).

TripJack

Hedonist
not rome 1 since a recent retardo multiplayer update fucked the game and broke mod compatibility as a bonus

Deleted member 7219

Shogun 2: Fall of the Samurai is the best TW game ever made.

Fielding an army of marines and riflemen against a bunch of fucktards wielding samurai swords and armour has to be seen to be believed.

Medieval 2 should be bought for the Third Age: Total War mod (best Lord of the Rings game ever made).

tuluse

Arcane
Serpent in the Staglands Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Shadorwun: Hong Kong
How does Shogun 2 compare to Med2:TW?
It's great, but hard to compare directly. There is a massive reduction in unit types (this causes better balance and more interesting multiplayer battles imo, but ymmv). The graphics are also mucho fancy. You may or may not care about this. There was a huge push on the multiplayer experience, and it was fun when I played it, but no idea if the community is still decently sized.

Enemy campaign AI is better and there are some gimmicks to keep the campaign interesting for longer.

So there you go.

Konjad

Patron
Strap Yourselves In Codex Year of the Donut Codex+ Now Streaming! Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag.
not rome 1 since a recent retardo multiplayer update fucked the game and broke mod compatibility as a bonus
What's funny is that Rome is so fucking terrible in multiplayer, because everyone just gets fucking horse archers and camps on the hills anyway and it's a battle of patience, whomever first goes "OH FFS!!! Fuck standing and doing nothing for an hour!" and attacks, loses. This is why community makes up "only 3 HA units per player max!" but then players go for the next OP unit and still camp.

Seriously, it's like the worst multiplayer experience I've ever had (and I love the game in SP despite all of its shortcomings).

Empire TW was way better in MP, I guess the later games might be even better, but they were worse in SP. Even Shogun 2 TW was rather meh in comparison to modded M2TW and there are no good mods for anything past M2TW.

Also, the best campaign map was in the first STW, why do they keep pushing shit map for so many games when they got it right the first time and then just changed it for no reason at all? It's like "OH SHIT GUYS, IT WORKED WELL FOR THE FIRST TWO GAMES, LET'S FUCK IT ALL UP OTHERWISE WE'LL HAVE NOTHING TO IMPROVE UPON IN THE FUTURE"

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom