Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

The STEAM Sales and Releases Thread

Eyeball

Arcane
Buy Asylum and City. Both are excellent games and absolutely worth 5 euros each. Origins is skippable as it's simply more of the same and not particularly well done more of the same at that.

Unkillable Cat

LEST WE FORGET
Patron
Codex 2014 Make the Codex Great Again! Grab the Codex by the pussy
Many of the Lego games are on sale for $5, for that price I'd say it's worth picking the one that looks the most interesting and having a go.

Unkillable Cat

LEST WE FORGET
Patron
Then you saved yourself 5$. :)

During the last sale I went for Lego Harry Potter 1-4 and Lego Marvel Super Heroes. While I enjoyed them both, I found Harry to be the more focused game, but lacking in endgame content. Marvel, on the other hand, tried for a GTA-esque open world thingie which had its ups and downs.

Batman 2 (DC) vs Mahvel, which one is better?

What game is better, Fallen Enchantress or age of wonders III?

edit:

What about endless legends? its fully released too right? anybody played it?

edit II: oops did not mean to reply to pakoito, meant to just replay to the entire thread in geneeral. I suck at posting, sorry.

Last edited:

Country_Gravy

Arcane
Patron
Wasteland 2
I liked the guild 2. There are lots of things to try. You build a business and then can run for office and rule with an iron fist while fucking over your political opponents.

How's The Guild? The entire franchise is super cheap now but I don't want to fill my library with garbage :M
first one is a nice strategy game, lots of things to do but only a handful of action points and time to do them all. avoid the combat though, it's horrible beyond human comprehension.
second one is absolute, concentrated, distilled shit.

Country_Gravy

Arcane
Patron
Wasteland 2
I think you might be right. Maybe the first one was the one I liked. I can't remember. It was a long time ago in basement far, far away.

pippin

The Guild series has been on sale a couple of times in the last months, so if you rather buy something else then go for it and wait for another sale.

Markman

da Blitz master
Patron
Serpent in the Staglands Codex USB, 2014 Shadorwun: Hong Kong
AoW 3 is ok, you can get it to support the incline, we need more games like it.

Also Lego games are worth every penny. Better in co-op. Play with controller.

Injustice is derp cheap too, complete edition with shitload of DLC with new challenges and characters. Lots of singleplayer content and unlockables so its still fun even if you dont have anyone to play with/against.

Unkillable Cat

LEST WE FORGET
Patron
Monday deals are in. I picked up Contraption Maker for $1.50, got a gift voucher for another copy of it.

Self-Ejected

Bubbles

I'm forever blowing
There better be some really great sales coming to make up for this abomination of a redesign.

felipepepe

Codex's Heretic
Patron
Hey guys, who is Human Shield, the owner of the RPG Codex steam group?

Steam is creating this Curator system where you make a list of games recommendation, and would be cool to organize a "official" RPG Codex one.

Self-Ejected

Bubbles

I'm forever blowing
Hey guys, who is Human Shield, the owner of the RPG Codex steam group?

Steam is creating this Curator system where you make a list of games recommendation, and would be cool to organize a "official" RPG Codex one.

Remember to include plenty of games with Steam Trading Cards and Full Controller Support, otherwise most gamers will think our list is empty.

KoolNoodles

Arcane
Warrior Kings is currently $2.49 for the week. An under appreciated RTS, you could do far far worse for the price of a shitty beer. Good game play, bad(but serviceable) graphics, great atmosphere. Choices and Consequences!

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom