Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

The STEAM Sales and Releases Thread

Konjad

Patron
Strap Yourselves In Codex Year of the Donut Codex+ Now Streaming! Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag.
It's also on the same sale on GOG. It hasn;t been posted already because it's been on many such sales and I guess everybody interested has it by now.

MaskedMan

very cool
Patron
Codex 2012 PC RPG Website of the Year, 2015 Serpent in the Staglands Dead State Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Wasteland 2 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 BattleTech A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Pathfinder: Kingmaker Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag.
"Double Fine Presents" :nocountryforshitposters: Guess they figured out how to make money by helping trash avoid greenlight, nice job.

Unkillable Cat

LEST WE FORGET
Patron
Codex 2014 Make the Codex Great Again! Grab the Codex by the pussy
I've been playing it so far and it's surprising me a little. First world is dull and boring as fuck, but a great place to learn and get the hang of things. The second world has SCP-173 as an enemy and monsters that don't die, but only go down momentarily.

I'll probably get my money's worth, which is about as much as I can expect from a game nowadays.

Konjad

Patron
Strap Yourselves In Codex Year of the Donut Codex+ Now Streaming! Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag.
Well, is it worth trying out for free? After Oblivion, Fallout 3 and Skyrim, I have my concerns.

Self-Ejected

Bubbles

I'm forever blowing
It's really easy and boring if you stealth, moderately challenging and varied if you don't stealth. Of course, it is a stealth game.

Telengard

Arcane
Well, is it worth trying out for free? After Oblivion, Fallout 3 and Skyrim, I have my concerns.
As an experiment, I set off an alarm and ran out into the center of the area to see how many people I could kill without using any powers or potions before they took me down. Answer - 6. Setting my back to a corner I could duck around and putting the heart-seeking gun in play and a single health potion, I killed all 10, and could easily have kept going, but there were no more, and the alarm was only localized. I don't know how many people I could have killed if they kept coming and I started casting timestop + mana potions. This is, of course, on Very Hard, where the game is only piss easy.

You're like superman beating up on civilians. There is almost no difficulty whatsoever, even on Very Hard. Other than experimenting around to see what interesting ways you can make the normals die, and thus putting yourself in danger, there's not even any risk involved.

Then again, it is free. And short. If you have some time, you can finish it.

PS: I died 2 other times in the entire game. One, due to seeing if the electric walls were actually insta-kill, like they said (they were), and the other when I checked to see if the giant piranhas killed you (they do).

Metro

Arcane
Beg Auditor
You can beat the game in ten hours so might as well download and try it. Outside of the setting and atmosphere I found it far too easy, even without using powers. With powers... wow... I can't imagine what a cakewalk that would be. The enemy variety sucks, too.

Unkillable Cat

LEST WE FORGET
Patron
Codex 2014 Make the Codex Great Again! Grab the Codex by the pussy
Soo... for how many is this true?

h0898D395

Zewp

Arcane
Codex 2013
The campaign is probably about 10 hours, so it's probably true for anyone who didn't get bored of the game in the first hour.

Konjad

Patron
I played for over an hour and it was already way too much.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom