Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

The STEAM Sales and Releases Thread

t

Arcane
Patron
Codex 2014 PC RPG Website of the Year, 2015 Serpent in the Staglands Divinity: Original Sin Torment: Tides of Numenera Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 BattleTech A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire
Guise, DA:O worth 5 bucks?

Zewp

Arcane
Codex 2013
You can probably squash $5 worth of entertainment out of it. As long as you play a mage.

Ninjerk

Arcane
I myself haven't played it, but I thought it was worth mentioning given the response I saw in the thread. I didn't play DA:O very long as I only had a few days to play it at my cousin's when he was borrowing it from someone.

pakoito

Arcane
Patron

Dayyālu

Arcane
Nice, it really looks interesting and I've heard good reviews. How is it compared to Dominions?

It's the SP counterpart.

CoE3 is fast, little game. It's simpler than Dominions (no control over battles, not even the "indirect" orders; a simplified and randomized magic system). It is quite similar to a rogue-"lite" - the random maps can kill you fast and your victory is often dependant on the correct use of limited resources. Of course, you can savescum, but I find quite amusing to try even the harsher maps.

On the plus side, CoE3 being far more limited in scope, and thus the AI can be an almost competent opponent - a thing unheard of in standard Dominions.
Most factions are also "lite" versions of the proper dominionesque factions, and the map generator has a good amout of options for nice scenarios (ad ex. the "age" of the map - a way to set the "civilization" level of the settlements- the power and the options of many factions can vary a lot depending on the resources). And of course you have the standard Dominions bestiary as neutrals.

Minuses. Game mechanics are not good for MP. Extremely annoying neutral creatures - the deers are incredibly aggressive and can kill an AI player or a unsuspecting Human quite easily - you WILL have several armies created only to keep the fucking snakes out of your cities. It can became a chore on larger maps.

Last words? It's worth 3-4 bucks.

Astral Rag

Arcane
ss_c1da9b6be89ea0c8ef24083cebfcbf3a29480aba.1920x1080.jpg

Tickletrunk [developer] 13 Mar @ 9:32pm
The original CD audio has been added to the game files. If you want to hear the original soundtrack, you will have to navigate to your Steam directory where the game files for Clans reside. You will find a folder called "Clans music", and the audio files are in there. Then you will have to burn an audio CD and put into your CD drive.

http://steamcommunity.com/app/281430/discussions/0/540736145621323577/#c540736226124887414

:hmmm:

Metro

Arcane
Beg Auditor
Was going to buy Clans, saw that, didn't. Even for fiddy cents. It's also apparently extremely shallow.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom