Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

The STEAM Sales and Releases Thread

tuluse

Arcane
Serpent in the Staglands Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Shadorwun: Hong Kong
SR: Dragonfall with 33% discount, worth it? I kinda liked the original but not so much as to replay it
Dragonfall is better than DMS in every way.

but still in the range of mediocre

Wirdschowerdn

Ph.D. in World Saving
Patron
NDVJdvk.png

Trash :lol: What is this?

It says "Abandon all good taste".

Sorry, this is against all credo of Codexia and punishable by permanent expulsion into Prosperland.

Baron Dupek

Arcane
TimeShift is on sale? I played in it years back and got blast, didn't bored and liked level designs, plus weapons. Wonder how it hold up this day...

DalekFlay

Arcane
Patron
TimeShift is on sale? I played in it years back and got blast, didn't bored and liked level designs, plus weapons. Wonder how it hold up this day...

I played the first half of it again a year or so ago. It definitely feels clunkier and shittier than I remembered, but in an age of insane FPS decline I still think it's worth playing for $5.

The kodex kool konsensus is that it's mostly ho-hum, though it's partly because we were expecting something much deeper. The expansion Dragonfall was well-received though.

http://www.rpgcodex.net/forums/index.php?threads/shadowrun-dragonfall-released.90165/

-

Just noticed the Star Wars sale. Force Unleashed is a fun H&S. On the bad side bosses must be finished via QTE (all pretty easy though, except for the infamous Star Destroyer because the prompt lies to you) and your lightsaber is actually a lightbaseballbat, but locations are pretty varied and the force powers are really fun to use. The opening level is pure joy (slowly march through an army of chewbaccas as Vader). Plus you can play dress-up. That makes it a RPG, right?

Last edited:

Metro

Arcane
Beg Auditor
Wait for bundle status. Especially likely since there's an expansion and they lowered the price of the base game.

RK47

collides like two planets pulled by gravity
Patron
Dead State Divinity: Original Sin
I can definitely recommend SQ & KQ Collection at $9.99 from Activision.
They're really classic.

Timeshift is a good idea with bad execution.
I wanted more shooting with time control powers but the game is more interested in putting in chrono-puzzles in FPS. WTF? The flashes of time power is pretty fun though, freeze time, grab gun from trooper. Slow down time and run past rockets or freeze time and blow up rocket in mid flight. Wish there's an infinite Chrono cheat.

The rest aren't worth money at all.
Very laughable to see Transformers at 59.99 U.P

Zarniwoop

TESTOSTERONIC As Fuck™
Patron
Shadorwun: Hong Kong
I can definitely recommend SQ & KQ Collection at $9.99 from Activision.
They're really classic.

Only 50% off though, maybe they'll go down further on the last day?

lul at the Call of Derpy Games all being only -25%.

bertram_tung

Arcane
Patron
Insert Title Here
Picked up Dark Forces, Jedi Knight: Dark Forces 2, and Mysteries of the Sith for less than 5 bucks.

Used to play the hell out of Jedi Knight 2: Jedi Outcast back in the day, for some reason never got around to playing its predecessors except a little bit of Dark Forces.

These games are more fun than tearing the wings off a gundark.

Prototype is kind of fun. Plays like those newer Spiderman games (you could change the PC into Venom and it wouldn't look out of place). The missions aren't very engaging but you are free to abuse your superpowers.

This video shows other similar games. If you like/ think you'd like them, you'll probably like Prototype.

P2 is more of the same.

Prototype is kind of fun. Plays like those newer Spiderman games (you could change the PC into Venom and it wouldn't look out of place). The missions aren't very engaging but you are free to abuse your superpowers.

This video shows other similar games. If you like/ think you'd like them, you'll probably like Prototype.

P2 is more of the same.

actually prototype 2 is less of the same. worse of the same. with a more invasive plot which is basically "i'm black! and i'm angry! i'm an angry black man!!!11!".

Markman

da Blitz master
Patron
Serpent in the Staglands Codex USB, 2014 Shadorwun: Hong Kong
Lol, just counted, I got a total of 100 steam cards now. Mebbe I should start selling these.
Singularity is only thing I'll pick up for my popamole needs from this sale. Bit pathetic sale, IMO. This PREMIUM pricing shit needs to go away.
Also why aren't LEGO Star Wars games on sale? :( Another lame move.

Metro

Arcane
Beg Auditor
I probably have 15-20 or so to farm but I've hit the market limit and I'm not about to hand my SSN over to Valve.

Baron Dupek

Arcane
These characters remind me something... there was LP of some visual novel with similiar characters, more liek Blade Runner though.

Eyeball

Arcane

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom