Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

The STEAM Sales and Releases Thread

Mastermind

Cognito Elite Material
Patron
Bethestard
Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag.
I got Rogue Shooter for $5 and it's a surprisingly decent game. First game in a long while that feels like an old FPS (Wolfenstein grade old that is) with a nice variety of weapons, items and perks. Only issue is that there's no saving whatsoever and it'd take a few hours to finish it.

Metro

Arcane
Beg Auditor
They also did the Eador remake... And this has been in development forever. Will consider at $5 or less.

Zewp

Arcane
Codex 2013
Gods forbid someone develops a game that's similar to some other game.

Eyeball

Arcane
Just being snarky. M&B is the best game developed since 2000 but it really is just an on-land copy of Sid Meier's Pirates! itself.

Flying_Dutchman

Educated
http://store.steampowered.com/app/293010/

Pirate-themed Mount & Blade on early access. "Made by the same developers that published the Napoleonic Wars mod for Mount and Blade: Warband", says a review.
"Pirate themed Mount and Blade?"

What a novel idea! If only somebody else had thought of this, perhaps in, oh, shall we say 1987?

There was a pretty neat Half-Life 2 multiplayer mod I played several years ago. Pirates, Vikings & Knights 2. Awesome mod. Doesn't have much with this game, but it has pirates.

On-topic, I'd rather have a new Sid Meier's Pirates.

Probably because Consortium was on early access until a short while ago. Now it's complete.

Also, I don't think you can romance the crew, codex ain't got no time for that prudish stuff

"Pirate themed Mount and Blade?"

What a novel idea! If only somebody else had thought of this, perhaps in, oh, shall we say 1987?

No, it's literally Mount & Blade, like a a mod.

Last edited:
Self-Ejected

Bubbles

I'm forever blowing
Consortium is one of the few games featuring
Bin Laden
as an unambiguous bad guy. The Eurotrash PC police came down on the devs like a ton of bricks, but it looks like they're already working on a sequel :incline:

Baron Dupek

Arcane
So it happened - Brigade E5 and 7,62 High Calibre comes to the Steam.
http://store.steampowered.com/app/296210/
http://store.steampowered.com/app/289890/

But Brigade E5 is avaliable only in pack with 7,62 HC (alone worth 4€, good price). Actually you can skip that and get 7,62HC alone and then install some mods like Blue Sun Mod 2.1 (newes avaliable at this moment) which is equivalent of JA2 v1.13 for Jagged Alliance 2.

bonescraper

f4l7gj.jpg

Quite a deal.

bfoz74.jpg

It gets even better.

Last edited by a moderator:

DramaticPopcorn

SR: Dragonfall with 33% discount, worth it? I kinda liked the original but not so much as to replay it

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom