Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

The STEAM Sales and Releases Thread

Abelian

Somebody's Alt
JA1 is now on Steam

Seeing the price (10€) made me laugh out loud.

It's cheaper than GOG (base game + expansion)
Not if you buy all the JA games from GOG at once: JA1, Deadly Alliance, JA2 for $9.99, saving $11.98. If you have one or more of the games already, the 54% discount still applies to the ones left over.

pakoito

Arcane
Patron
I can't be bothered finding the links. Apparently the guys that sunk Mythic are the ones behind this. A story of great corporation clusterfuck and backstabs.

Baron Dupek

Arcane
I don't watch videos of this prick.

And I know it's shitty game. Not because my gaming knowledge but because devs got govmnt support (especially moniez) and it always lead to crumbling decline,

Astral Rag

Arcane
Thanks bros for mentioning Red ORchestra 2 - been playing it all night. It is excellent :salute:

Don't forget to check out Rising Storm. A great expansion for RO2. These guys also keep releasing new free content for their game. Well worth the 5€ they're currently asking.

(you get the "lite" version of RS for free with RO2).

Konjad

Patron
Strap Yourselves In Codex Year of the Donut Codex+ Now Streaming! Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag.
They should make the linux version ffs, I'd gladly come back to playing RO2/RS if it run on linux.

Zewp

Arcane
Codex 2013
I've been reading weird things online, but from my understanding you can play on RO2 servers if you own Rising Storm. Is this true?

Astral Rag

Arcane
I've been reading weird things online, but from my understanding you can play on RO2 servers if you own Rising Storm. Is this true?

This is true, RS comes with RO2's multiplayer content. RO2's SP content is very buggy and very mediocre anyway.

Last edited:

Zewp

Arcane
Codex 2013
Awesome, thanks. Just bought it. I've been itching for a multiplayer military FPS for a while now and the new Battlefield games just don't scratch that itch. Hopefully this will fare a bit better.

Konjad

Patron
Strap Yourselves In Codex Year of the Donut Codex+ Now Streaming! Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag.
RS is an add-on requiring RO2 so yeah, you can play RO2 servers with it. Moreover, even if you do not own RS, but do own RO2, you can play RS servers, but you are limited to the rifleman class on them.

Zewp

Arcane
Codex 2013
I would be glad IF Linux were the future, but so far it doesn't seem like it will be. I think SteamOS is out already, but who is actually using it?

tuluse

Arcane
Serpent in the Staglands Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Shadorwun: Hong Kong
I would be glad IF Linux were the future, but so far it doesn't seem like it will be. I think SteamOS is out already, but who is actually using it?
It's still in beta. I have a livingroom machine with it, but it's not yet ready for primetime. Specifically, it needs better integration with non-steam apps.

In a desktop environment there's no reason to use SteamOS. You're better off with the distro of your choice and just using steam like you would on Windows.

Flying_Dutchman

Educated
GamersGate Spring sale is on. Highlights:

Amnesia: A Machine For Pigs $8
Chronicles of Riddick Assault on Dark Athena $3
RollerCoaster Tycoon Deluxe $1.20
Battlefield 2 Complete Collection $5
Battlefield 3 $5 (Origin)
Battlefield 3 DLC 75% off. (Origin)
Battlefield 3 Premium Edition $10 (Origin)
Battlefield 3 Premium Service $7.49 (Origin)
Battlefield 4 and Premium Service Bundle $50 (Origin)
Battlefield 4 $25 (Origin)
Battlefield Bad Company 2 – Ultimate Digital Collection $7.49 (Origin)
Crysis $5
Crysis – Maximum Edition $7.49
Crysis 2 Maximum Edition $7.49 (Origin)
Crysis 3 $6.78 (Origin)
Crysis 3 The Lost Island $5.10 (Origin)
Crysis Trilogy $12.50 (Origin)
Crysis Warhead $5
Dead Space $5 (Origin)
Dead Space 2 $5 (Origin)
Dead Space 3 $6.80 (Origin)
Dead Space 3 – 2 Pack $11.90 (Origin)
Dead Space 3 DLC 66% off. (Origin)
Dead Space Collection $34 (Origin)
Kingdoms of Amalur Reckoning The Legend of Dead Kel DLC $10 (Origin)

Also, more here.

Metro

Arcane
Beg Auditor
$5ish is a decent price. It's not a bad game just one with tons of unfulfilled potential.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom