Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

The STEAM Sales and Releases Thread

Baron Dupek

Arcane
Is this one: http://store.steampowered.com/app/1620/ ...
...that game which is considered the best strategy game ever?

I ask this before buying it because there is another Jagged Alliance 2 and I'm only interested in the "best one" (I haven't played many strategy games and I should try out the most popular ones first).
I mean, what Jagged Alliance game should I buy?
Yes, cpt. Obvious.

Urm, but I don't remember if getting Gold version make any issues with installing ja2 v1.13...

I'd also like to know if Vampire: The Masquerade - Bloodlines has enough patches to be "playable" because I've heard that it has a ton of bugs.
In current game's stage you need lot of efforts and metagaming knowledge to find any bugs.

Cazzeris

Is this one: http://store.steampowered.com/app/1620/ ...
...that game which is considered the best strategy game ever?

I ask this before buying it because there is another Jagged Alliance 2 and I'm only interested in the "best one" (I haven't played many strategy games and I should try out the most popular ones first).
I mean, what Jagged Alliance game should I buy?
Yes, cpt. Obvious.

Urm, but I don't remember if getting Gold version make any issues with installing ja2 v1.13...

That's why I asked for information.

I'd also like to know if Vampire: The Masquerade - Bloodlines has enough patches to be "playable" because I've heard that it has a ton of bugs.
In current game's stage you need lot of efforts and metagaming knowledge to find any bugs.

Thank you.

It is this one. There is also Jagged Alliance 2 Wildfire, which is more a total conversion than a new game. Buy JA2 gold if you want that, and if you played through it one time, download the 1.13 patch.

Bloodlines has good fanpatches, grab them here: http://www.planetvampire.com/forum/index.php?topic=6355.0

Many thanks.

EDIT: Tomorrow you'll be able to get Red Orchestra 2 for free: http://steamcommunity.com/games/RO2/announcements/detail/1353639133892980334

Last edited by a moderator:

Baron Dupek

Arcane
Oh, there are still people who don't have that (plus a few spare keys) after countless bundles?

Of course they are here. Maybe because they're not interesed in that kind of MP, or multiplayer games at all.
And no, just because something appear in some bundle(s) doesn't mean everyone have.

Also - Left4Dead2 was popular game and yet people hammered servers because "someone throw something for free" kind of logic.

Turjan

Arcane
Also - Left4Dead2 was popular game and yet people hammered servers because "someone throw something for free" kind of logic.

I guess you are right. I think you could also see this in that Steam statistic that had been linked a few days ago. Games that were available for free had a high percentage of owners that never even started them.

Surf Solar

cannot into womynz
I heard good things about RO2, is it still played by a lot of people? Grabbing it tomorrow then.

Konjad

Patron
Strap Yourselves In Codex Year of the Donut Codex+ Now Streaming! Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag.
I heard good things about RO2, is it still played by a lot of people? Grabbing it tomorrow then.
The only better similar game was the first RO, but it's dead. RO2 is populated by quite a large amount of people, there are always multiple 50 player servers occupied to the full (at least in Europe, I remember the first RO was popular only in Europe and there were very few American or Asian servers).

RK47

collides like two planets pulled by gravity
Patron
Dead State Divinity: Original Sin
The only better similar game was the first RO, but it's dead. RO2 is populated by quite a large amount of people, there are always multiple 50 player servers occupied to the full (at least in Europe, I remember the first RO was popular only in Europe and there were very few American or Asian servers).

wts +10
1192976265_f.jpg

Baron Dupek

Arcane
I still remember RO as a mod for UT2004 (same to Killing Floor, Alien Swarm, The Ball, Gaunted: Hells Reach), funny times when big mods become standalone games for moniez and Epic was "PC cool bro". Some were betters as a mods (Damnation), RO was somewhat better as standalone but forgot the differences.

Baron Dupek

Arcane
Another delivery of ruskies shovelwares. No 7,62HC this time.
What we go? UFO: Aftermath (no idea why they release trilogy in opposite way) so the whole trilogy is on Steam finally. There is some mods for them taht turn it into hell (propably even worse than original XCom).
There is LP from trilogy on Codex made by Azira so you may check it out.

Konung 2? Oh my, I wil be suprised if they release first one. Why? Well, game propably work on modern operational system but DRM - not. You were forced to e-mail one of the devs for some "fix". :lol:

BorderZone? Story and world is cool - year 9000, swords and magic live but later you meet machines. But who the hell survive to that moment when game is boring like (f2p or not) MMORPG where you need to kill something, bring some stuff and all that stuff.
Which remind me also about two other games - Mistmare (iirc there was LP on dex from it?) and Hard to be a God. Both got neat story, world, twists but boring gameplays.

EDIT
they also released Uprising44: Silent Shadows for lower price, seems like they run out of money and naives who could buy it...

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom