Tacticular Cancer: We'll have your balls

1. Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.
    Dismiss Notice

BG2 Ironman

Discussion in 'Codex Playground' started by huskarls, Feb 14, 2018.

1. huskarls Novice

huskarls
    Parrots:
    Click here and disable ads!
    1. I restart on character death or game over
    2. Settings are insane single player (no custom characters)
    3. I use shadow of amn items only I.E. no instant cast robes or magical katanas
    4. I never rest in dungeons
    5. I can do video if you handhold me through it (only for documentation)
    6. There is no reloading

^ Top  
  2. huskarls Novice

huskarls
    Parrots:
    Show Spoiler

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Here we have Said, pronounced arabishly as sah-e-d. He is demonically endowed despite rangers not benefiting from wisdom modifiers because I can not remember 2e dual class ability requirements (if this is 2e). He has already died once to drungeor or whatever the dark dwarves are called while I re-familiarized myself with the starting dungeon.

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

The first dungeon is fairly annoying because I have to deal with garbage pre-set spells while listening to Imoen moan about being raped, no pun intended. Even when I first played Baldurs Gate 2 I never wanted to rest in the first dungeon in order to change spells...because why would I take a nap trying to escape? At least the honor system beats managing your camping supplies, fuck poe. Anyway I'm keeping the opening dungeon brief now and in later runs
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    I actually forgot about this part. You use the elemental statue on a hidden door next to the dark dwarves, it contains some spell imps, a summon wind elemental spell, and a genie who will grant you one item from the previous game in exchange for playing fetch. I got a sling.
    [​IMG]
    Nasty little golems typically do 50 damage when they feel like it, are immune to magic, and sometimes immune to piercing and slash weapons but resistant regardless. I believe 20 damage past zero health is permanent death for npcs so standing the background in a bard really doesn't do much for their lethality.
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    Alas Minsc has fallen to two unexpected random hostile enhanced edition randoms
    [​IMG]
    And this is where we end for my 2nd attempt so far. I shit you not I ran out of that dungeon as fast as I could to start recruiting and got killed rescuing Viconia. I thought those three whole dudes weren't much, but when your walking around at 40 hp because you are too cheap to use potions you can get crit'ed faster than it takes to use one. Should of learned with Minsc. I'll be back tomorrow or the next day with a more proper narrative skipping the dungeon (only in posting I don't have the mod to skip the first dungeon).

• Salute Salute x 1
    ^ Top  
  3. huskarls Novice

huskarls
    Parrots:
    Show Spoiler

[​IMG]
    And we are back at the city of coin for round three
    [​IMG]
    Said's arabic wits soon overcome him in the slums of Amn, much like an unaccompanied maiden in cologne, and after a deeply necessary charade a deal is struck for assistance in the location of Amonen for the price of 20 thousand gold lions and two hand woven persian carpets.
    [​IMG]
    After much trepidation and thought, Said reluctantly turns to killing infidels and theft, being the easiest way in the game to make 15k and reach the +2 spells per level mage. To do this he turns to most annoying character in game since there is only two actual thieves in the game, with the other being a weeb with 50 points in traps that don't work (just tried it in the starter dungeon and 0 traps set correctly out of 5).
    [​IMG]
    Slaver's ambush our intrepid thieves, they actually do this regardless of alignment or actions. Nary a name difference or flavor choice here, but a +2 short sword is ours
    [​IMG]
    These mephit shits take on a new life on insane since they bypass any sort of attack roll and do damage directly. They can still be negated with a resist elements spell but there appearances end here abruptly.
    [​IMG]
    And our hero is killed, again, with a death spell. Was not expecting a level 7 spell (14 caster level) so early, but I was doing fuck all to prevent it later as well at this pace. Said is dead forever, but I'll be back Saturday with a more effective build, a cleric, and a death ward on me at all times versus mages.

^ Top  
  4. huskarls Novice

huskarls
    Parrots:
    Show Spoiler

[​IMG]
    Learning from my past mistakes I have abandoned the path of righteousness and converted to the shadow of evil and immunity to stunlocks.
    [​IMG]
    And the dividends of inequity are great indeed as I crush these pathetic golems that once hit me for 60 damage
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    Jaheira is cursed by an evil slaver, alas Lloyd cares little
    [​IMG]
    This is actually then the theft task I was given last time, which was to steal from the temple of talos
    [​IMG]
    Not off to a great start here as I get my ass licked by low level thieves on the way to
    [​IMG]
    I then encounter vampires after running back to fetch a priest for resurrection
    [​IMG]
    And finally some schizo starts trying to attack my injured ranger on the way back to his arnor and weapons
    [​IMG]
    Ultimately, we fail to make it past the docks one day one of our perilous quest to steal from priests and are forced to regroup until sunrise.
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    Despite Lloyd's base instincts we aid our druid in lifting her curse, during which several people die. We are then ambushed by slavers for the third time overall I believe. Our jacobin sacrilegious desecration of the moneyed forces of organized religion are prolonged yet again.
    [​IMG]
    Should have made a screenshot of the theft itself after such a journey, but my vision for narrative was blinded with hate still burning from the last ass whooping handed to me by the cowled fools. There are also golems in the mage's house (I don't believe I mentioned them before or the reason for me fighting this mage). Anyway each time I just lure them down stairs and kill them one at a time.
    [​IMG]
    Finally the mage is undone with an insect plague, can't cast death spells when you can't cast spells.
    [​IMG]
    Ah masterful Bioware writing, gaydar most likely came down upon his pissant peons to write this line himself. I forgot to take a coherent story of screenshots again, but suffice it to say I recruit the spellcaster Edwin along with some other fools to kill a rogue shadowthief and mostly just took screenshots of my exchanges with the fight-cleric anomen. I don't feel like my priorities were misplaced in the slightest
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    With the death of the thief, a potion of genius, and a potion of mental clarity, I assume the role of a fighter/mage with 150% chance to learn spells (normally maxing out at 85% at 18 int). Just learning spells provides a great amount of experience to help gain levels in my new class.
    [​IMG]
    I soon wandered upstairs at the Inn I rested right after setting and memorizing all my mage spells, suddenly finding myself baited with all this newfound power at my disposal
    [​IMG]
    When I took this screenshot, I knew I was going to die. Just 10,000 experience points from regaining my beserker power, which include immunity to stuns! Should have known better than to fuck with named characters a hair too early, but squashing some losers will go to your head real quick

^ Top  

(buying stuff via the above buttons helps us pay the hosting bills, thanks!)