Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Beyond Skyrim [Bruma] released

Grizzlor

Novice
They're releasing a SSE version when the biggest bugs are ironed out. And XBox version after that. The Xbox version might take longer though since there might be some bigger performance issues that need to be resolved. The Oldrim version won't work without all the memory patches and such. The town of Bruma itself is a very resource intensive environment.

Luzur

Good Sir
Now, is this mod involving the new pre-elven-imperial war or just a straight port of Oblivion (why people would even think that is a great mod is beyond me...) into Skyrim?

Varvarg

Educated
Now, is this mod involving the new pre-elven-imperial war or just a straight port of Oblivion (why people would even think that is a great mod is beyond me...) into Skyrim?

Skyblivion is the mod remaking Oblivion in Skyrim's engine. Beyond Skyrim adds the Bruma region, which is a northern part of Cyrodiil. It's not a straight up port of the region in Oblivion, since 201 years has passed since the events in that game.

YES!

Hi, I'm Roqua
Dumbfuck
WHy would you not just post a blurb explaining the mod instead of a five fucking minute video? What kind of retarded degenerate would watch a fucking retardedly long video when they could read a blurb in 1/10000000000th the time?

Vorark

Erudite
Thought it was a mini Endereal but seems to be another region to visit, like Solstheim (sp?). Copypasta from the mod page:

Travel beyond the borders of Skyrim, and visit Bruma, the northmost county in Cyrodiil.

Discover what has become of the city's residents since the events of Oblivion in all-new adventures and storylines. Plunge into the depths of ancient Ayleid ruins. Explore an expansive region larger and denser than the Dragonborn DLC. In Beyond Skyrim: Bruma, the choices - and their consequences - are yours alone.

Rediscover Frostcrag Spire, Cloud Ruler Temple, Frostfire Glade and many other legendary locations. The journey back to the Heartland begins now. Are you prepared?

--> FEAUTURES
  • The city of Bruma, reimagined and recreated from scratch in exhaustive detail, containing over 70 residents, each with their own unique dialogue, stories and routines
  • A fully-explorable County Bruma, larger in size and scope than the Dragonborn DLC, packed to the brim with new dungeons, points of interest and secrets - brought to life with more custom art assets than any comparable Skyrim mod
  • All-new Cyrodilic weapons and armor
  • Seamless integration with the base game - cross the border with your existing character or start a new one
  • Innumerable all-new quests and storylines
  • Over 24,000 lines of high-quality voiceover from a professional and semi-professional cast whose combined credits include Dragon Age: Inquisition, Dust: An Elysian Tail, Apotheon and Heroes of Newerth
  • Over three hours of original music

--> REQUIREMENTS

A memory patch such as SKSE or SSME. Failure to activate a memory patch prior to loading into Bruma will cause the game to crash.

Required DLCs

In order to play Beyond Skyrim: Bruma, you will need all three official Skyrim game DLCs, or the Legendary Edition of Skyrim.

--> FAQ

Q: What kind of people are you looking for? How can I join the Cyrodiil team?
A: We are always on the lookout for talented concept artists, 3D modellers, landscape designers and people skilled with the CK, although we have openings for other positions as well. Just register on Dark Creations and post in our Sign Up thread, along with a sample of your work. If you're interested in joining any of the other Beyond Skyrim projects, you may post in the general recruitment area.

Q: What is Beyond Skyrim?
A: Beyond Skyrim is an ambitious community, composed of various, independent projects working together to bring the other Provinces of Tamriel - like High Rock, Cyrodiil, Hammerfell and Morrowind - into the game and timeline of Skyrim.

Q: Will it require a new game?
A: Nope! You will be able to use your existing characters from Skyrim. Just hop over the border, and continue your adventures.

Q: Is this the same thing as Skyblivion / Skywind? Why aren't you working with them?
A: No, Skyblivion and Skywind are remakes of older Bethesda games in the Skyrim engine. This is an entirely new mod in which the player can visit a version of Tamriel contemporary to Skyrim. Our goals and methods are different, but we keep up a good relationship.

Q: Why not you just port content from Oblivion / Morrowind / other games?
A: Because this is a violation of Bethesda's EULA, and would be grounds for them to close down the project.

Q: Will this be released for Special Edition / Consoles?
A: Beyond Skyrim: Bruma will be available on Skyrim Special Edition soon, and on Xbox One in the future.

Self-Ejected

Drog Black Tooth

Self-Ejected
Also, how is this any different from Tamriel Rebuilt, Morroblivion, Skywind, Skyblivion etc?

Those projects never get anywhere.

YES!

Hi, I'm Roqua
Dumbfuck
Any skyrim content mod that doesn't change the challengingless shit mechanics into something worth playing like Enderal did is just piling shit on shit.

ERYFKRAD

Barbarian
Patron
Strap Yourselves In Serpent in the Staglands Shadorwun: Hong Kong Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag. Pathfinder: Wrath I'm very into cock and ball torture I helped put crap in Monomyth
WHy would you not just post a blurb explaining the mod instead of a five fucking minute video? What kind of retarded degenerate would watch a fucking retardedly long video when they could read a blurb in 1/10000000000th the time?
I know right? I really don't understand the buggers who don't have the patience to read, but are willing to watch a video for long amounts of time.

Zed Duke of Banville

Dungeon Master
Patron
Also, how is this any different from Tamriel Rebuilt, Morroblivion, Skywind, Skyblivion etc?

Tamriel Rebuilt has a fully-functioning House Telvanni region, with numerous cities, dungeons, and quests.

Of course, that's the only region they've managed to completed in a dozen years of work on the project. :M

Self-Ejected

RNGsus

Self-Ejected
TR have survived the past 15yrs, because MW modding's relatively shallow, which is perfect for old hobbyists and newcomers alike. Whereas the upstarts tend to lose all their experienced members, before the next tool kit is even available, which spells doom when they're so reliant on scripting, va, hi-poly models, and obtuse quest trees. With over a decade of collaboration, if all TR suddenly quit tonight, Resdeyn Revival could certainly fill their shoes. Not to say whether TR will ever finish, only they should have died years ago but didn't.

Sigourn

uooh afficionado

Agree. The only people that get anything out of these unfinished projects are the people who work on them and gain experience for their future endeavors. But not more than that.

YES!

Hi, I'm Roqua
Dumbfuck
I know right? I really don't understand the buggers who don't have the patience to read, but are willing to watch a video for long amounts of time.

Maybe it is the hipster thing to do? Who knows with these fucking weirdo kids nowadays.

Self-Ejected

RNGsus

Self-Ejected
They die as soon as the first big shots leave, because they tend not to plan for those unforeseen but inevitable life transitions. They also strap newbies, who really just need a few pointers, with uncharitably high standards, while the core "team" are more or less sellouts, who are only in it for themselves. Tamriel Rebuilt are the only project in that list w/ any decent odds, just because MW's easy to mod and attracts the hardcore types, who are more likely old fans and not grads looking for employers.

Varvarg

Educated
well this team delivers atleast. They plöan on doing other regions as well, the far away goal is all of cyrodiil

Varvarg

Educated

Maybe it is the hipster thing to do? Who knows with these fucking weirdo kids nowadays.

A good video can be very informative + you get a look at what the team has done. The OP video was pretty meh i agree.

If you are a Skyrim hater it all pretty much doesn't matter. So why are you here?

YES!

Hi, I'm Roqua
Dumbfuck

I think it is only children. My son is like a never ending battery of hyper infused crazy unless he is watching a fucking youtube video about something stupid and boring and then he sits and watches it with all the patience in the world. And all his stupid little friends are the same. On the rare occasions he actually plays a video game himself he can't sit still and rolls around. I don't know how someone who watches other people play video games so much could suck so badly at them. The only game he plays a lot besides minecraft is this game with a bunch of timed tests that he needs my help with. This one has a banner of a bunch of shapes like pot, lawnmower, shovel, etc, and he has to jump on them in the correct order in a certain amount of time. I've wasted many a night sitting by this little shithead trying to remember the order of shapes and he always fucks it up. We are on attempt 80,000,000,000. I fucking hate this game. Since I actually have to encourage my two youngest to play video games instead of watch other people play them I support the shit out of him when he actually plays, but it is painful when he wants me to watch or get involved. He is so bad. So, so bad.

YES!

Hi, I'm Roqua
Dumbfuck

A good video can be very informative + you get a look at what the team has done. The OP video was pretty meh i agree.

If you are a Skyrim hater it all pretty much doesn't matter. So why are you here?

So can blurbs that highlight what it does in a succinct way, and is far more efficient, way faster, and not a huge waste of time for non-retards. I came to see if this was a mod like Enderal, and posted because the only way the OP gave to find out is by watching a fucking 5 minute video. How did you not understand this? How was I not clear?

Varvarg

Educated
Well Endereal was shit

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom