Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

KickStarter Wellspring: Altar of Roots - tactical RPG inspired by JRPGs (formerly Bevontule)

MTG_Derek

Multithreaded Games
Developer
Fixed the sword:

ITEwcVV.jpg

Also, we recently had our Steam Store page approved if ya'll fellers wanna check it out!

Last edited by a moderator:

CryptRat

Arcane
Developer
From Indie DB :
4ffMowM.jpg

Hi all! Today we wanted to formally announce that we will be launching a Kickstarter campaign on January 29th!

Bevontule has been in development for over two years, primarily by just two people and while we have made an incredible amount of progress and wouldn’t trade it for anything, it’s come at a price that we could have never anticipated.

But after five pre-alpha demos, several conferences, thousands of positive comments and ten thousand hours of development, we’re confident that we’re in a place where we can put ourselves out there—and with what we’ve accomplished, I firmly believe that not only will we raise the necessary capital, but we’ll absolutely shatter our fundraising goal!

With your help and support, come January 29th, we’ll be embarking on the largest, most difficult, and potentially most rewarding leg of our journey and we hope to see you all there!

And once again, a big thanks to friends, family, and fans for your continued support!

MTG_Derek

Multithreaded Games
Developer
Thanks again for the updates, guys--or what was it? "Up yours?" Wow, what a loving crowd we've got here! :)
(On second thought, that was Abu Antar--Infinitron and Cryptrat, you're still cool :P)

So I hate to ask this as you guys have already been amazingly supportive, but we could really use a few more signups via our Thunderclap campaign as we're about 50% to our intended goal with a week to go--if you haven't signed up for it already, please consider doing so. It's quick, easy, painless and highly trusted within the realm of crowdfunding and really, just social campaigns in general. All you have to do is enter your social security number and it'll do the rest! (I kid, I kid)

It's mainly a numbers game, and the more we have, the better our chances of succeeding come January 29th. Thanks again!

MTG_Derek

Multithreaded Games
Developer
Hi all! Wanted to stop by again to drop off a preview link for our Kickstarter. We haven't really shared this anywhere else (just among a few close friends, TIGSource, and a few other places), but you guys have been pretty honest and forthcoming with your thoughts and criticisms. We plan on launching on Monday, so while we don't have all the time in the world, we'll still be able to respond to feedback.

Keep in mind that there are a few loose ends that haven't been tied up (the trailer isn't 100% up to date) and there are a few small sections missing, but most of it should be present. And again, feel free to post here or on the feedback section directly--anything you can help us do to make the project better would be greatly appreciated! :) Now don't hold back. Or else!

https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/850696222/254726385?ref=372846&token=bd7af866

PrettyDeadman

I know that might look like a shitpost, but the fact that refugee tier is directly below human tier looks unnecessary provocative.
As if you are trying to tell us that refugess are subhumans, and that 15 dollar tier is only for poor people...
Maybe rename it to settler/pioneer, since it's basically the same thing in that context considering flavor text you put out for that tier.

Last edited by a moderator:

Hyperion

Arcane
Can't think of anything more Codexian than mocking refugees, tbh. Also, who cares? MTG dudes dig your feet in!

MTG_Derek

Multithreaded Games
Developer
Can't think of anything more Codexian than mocking refugees, tbh. Also, who cares? MTG dudes dig your feet in!

That's it! Not only are we not going to stop calling them refugees, but we're also going to add the adjective stinky in there, because... well--these dudes don't have any plumbing whatsoever!

In all seriousness though, they are refugees. They were basically kicked out of their ancestral homeland and happened across the continent of Onich as somewhat of a last-ditch effort to try to preserve some semblance of their former society. Sure, in one sense, they are pioneers, but their primary goal isn't to settle, it's to survive. I can promise you that we're not trying to make any kind of statement and the fact that the tier is priced lower is just a coincidence and no provocation was intended or desired.

Zed

Codex Staff
Patron
Staff Member
Codex USB, 2014
Looks cool but where are the scantily clothed women with big honkers? I thought this was a mature game???

MTG_Derek

Multithreaded Games
Developer
Looks cool but where are the scantily clothed women with big honkers? I thought this was a mature game???

It's super mature. Minigames include filing your taxes, dealing with Uncle Brian's drunk Facebook rants, filling out a living will, and my favorite (and our playtesters will agree!), renewing your driver's license. You won't even believe what we have in store for DLC...

MTG_Derek

Multithreaded Games
Developer
You won't even believe what we have in store for DLC...

One would hope Estate Planning, but I'm sure that depends on stretch goals....

Actually, our $600k stretch goal is Redistribution of Wealth. Did you ever play Mario Party and land on the Bowser space? It's basically like that.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom