Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Game News Better Late Than Never: Knights of the Chalice 2 Kickstarter in November, first game coming to Steam

SausageInYourFace

Angelic Reinforcement
Patron
Divinity: Original Sin 2 BattleTech Bubbles In Memoria A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag. My team has the sexiest and deadliest waifus you can recruit. Pathfinder: Wrath
I endorse this business decision.

Played the demo of KotC a while ago and liked it very much. Can't be arsed to deal with any website payment bullshit. So even if people know about your game and even if they like it they are in many cases still likely to be reluctant to buy it via some website feature. People are just lazy like that.

If your game is not on GoG or Steam it might as well not exist at all.

Alex

Arcane
I actually liked he stood up to Steam. I don't understand why people consider it harder to pay it through his website, but whatever; I hope his new game is a success, even if I liked the graphics of the previous one a lot more.

Last edited:

Valky

Arcane
Manlet
Actually I rescind my statement on the difficulty of his payment. It looks like I can indeed just say "pay with debit card" and immediately enter my payment details.

*-*/\--/\~

Cipher
what exactly is so super hard about getting the game from his site

The fact that 98% of people have no idea that he has a site, as they just use steam/gog to find and buy games?

Not saying that it is a good thing, but in terms of getting some exposure, selling through obscure site is like the worst way to go.

commie

The Last Marxist
Patron
Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Divinity: Original Sin 2
Didn't he make the life decision of moving to live in Romania? No wonder he poor.

If he is from Kwa or UK then yes, horrible decision if he was struggling financially, because at least those places have welfare & food stamps.

Here's to hoping the Kickstarter is a massive success.

Not really...I could wipe my arse with my degree back in Australia and only could get jobs at fast food places and supermarkets (muh...too little experience, not right official qualification) and so I moved to Romania. Tripled the salary in 4 years and sure, it's still a third of what I could get in Australia now, but since cost of living is 5-6 times less, I still come out far ahead. I don't need to whine or count pennies if I want to get the latest tech or whatever. Hardware and appliances are similar in price to the decadent west(maybe even a bit more), but since utilities and other living expenses are laughably small in comparison, I have each month a lot more disposable income(in real terms) than I would have had back in Australia!

If he's not a total loser, could easily get some IT tech support/call centre type job here...easy enough work and high salary for Romanian standards. Admittedly I get a big Polish language bonus...but it's still ok for purely English speakers.

Was planning on taking my experience back to Australia but decided to buy an apartment here instead as prices are still tiny compared to even Poland, never mind the ridiculous bubble back down under.

Dreed

Bremsstrahlunged
Patron
Grab the Codex by the pussy Insert Title Here RPG Wokedex Strap Yourselves In Codex Year of the Donut Codex+ Now Streaming! Divinity: Original Sin 2 A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Pathfinder: Kingmaker Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag. My team has the sexiest and deadliest waifus you can recruit. Pathfinder: Wrath I'm very into cock and ball torture I helped put crap in Monomyth
no, i don't mean not knowing that he has a site

i mean,

Can't be arsed to deal with any website payment bullshit.

navigating the antique method of payment on his website is nigh impossible for me.

dafuk niggas

Personally I tried to pay on his site 3 or 4 years ago and it didn't work, I retried a year later: payment refused by the bank, so fuck it.
(I never got any problem to pay on any other website, so I suppose Pierre Begue hates my money)

Brozef

Savant
Patron
Make the Codex Great Again! Grab the Codex by the pussy Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag.
Now he releases on Steam?!? And still refuses gog? lol, what a cunt.
He should take business lessons from Cleve

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom