Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Betrayer (17th century FPS from Ex-Monolith devs)

skacky

3D Realms
Developer
Woah, seriously? Too bad I don't have any fucking money left.

Divinity: Original Sin
Well, i'm looking for the last (probably) chest in the first area (fort henry),that's why i didn't move on to the next area. The game is great, I'm playing red & white, but adjusting the colors make the game look great also.

I like that they actually improved the UI into a mor organized info dump, and they even gave an ingame reason for respawning, and some different enemies, like a "thief" that suddenly appeared and i missed the opportunity to kill him/it.

sexbad?

Arcane
Patron
Codex USB, 2014
As far as I remember, the original early access's default mode was more eyesore than it is now, but I still went in color mode after a short while in the full version. I don't think that black and white really does justice to the environments, especially since all the assets were originally made with color rendering in mind.

DalekFlay

Arcane
Patron
When I played early access I turned color on but extremely light and washed out, like a bleached Summer day in the Eastern US, which I think fits the game well.

Angthoron

Arcane
Yeah, that's how I play as well, though occasionally going for black and white to check out how some scenes look in that.

Darth Roxor

Royal Dongsmith
Staff Member
I'm playing black&white, although I tried experimenting with the sliders a bit at first, but I think the monochrome setting fits the game much more.

Wirdschowerdn

Ph.D. in World Saving
Patron

Angthoron

Arcane
Has anyone found the shovel yet, and if so, where at?

And, is there a point to hanging on to items like Black Pearl etc, or should I just gift them away to the Maiden?[/quote]

Last edited:

Darth Roxor

Royal Dongsmith
Staff Member
MOTHER

FUCKING

INJUNS! :rage:

I must admit it's been quite some time since a game made me yell "KURWA, KURWA!!! RELOAD!!" out loud at the monitor while frantically panning the camera around in search of hidden shitheads shooting me

Darth Roxor

Royal Dongsmith
Staff Member
Holy shit that

Fort Saint George. SUDDENLY ASHFIGURES COME TO LIFE.

And when you finally clear them out while using all waterskin charges... wtf bugle?

WTF INCOMING MASSIVE ENEMY REINFORCEMENTS

Good that the enemies have taken accuracy lessons at the Imperial Stormtrooper Academy because otherwise I could have been in trouble! :troll:

Divinity: Original Sin
Holy shit that

And when you finally clear them out while using all waterskin charges... wtf bugle?

Good that the enemies have taken accuracy lessons at the Imperial Stormtrooper Academy because otherwise I could have been in trouble! :troll:

Run for your life...

sexbad?

Arcane
Patron
Codex USB, 2014
Holy shit that

I found the combat in general to be little more than serviceable, but in moments like these in enemy owned settlements, it makes the gameplay something truly great.

Darth Roxor

Royal Dongsmith
Staff Member
I found the combat in general to be little more than serviceable, but in moments like these in enemy owned settlements, it makes the gameplay something truly great.

Also the "dig up skulls" moments, when you suddenly find yourself surrounded by skellingtons and those fucking wraiths. Those fucking wraiths, mang. I think the combat itself is pretty good all in all - using the guns is risky because they are powerful but each shot counts a LOT due to the fucklong reloading, the bow isn't much good for spray'n'pray although it's the only option for some kind of rapid fire, and once something actually gets close to you, you start going 'OHGODOHGODOHGOD" while blindly throwing tomahawks and wishing for a Crimsonland-like "tap R to reload faster" perk. What I believe does keep the combat down significantly is the aforementioned Imperial Stormtrooper accuracy - the fiery injuns are only murderous if you don't spot them in all those fucking bushes, otherwise simple side-stepping completely nullifies them, the same being valid for archer conquistadors and skellingtons (sans spotting), altho the conquistador brutes' boulders are a bit harder to dodge cuz they have some player-movement aiming adjustments and the projectiles fly fairly fast. Meanwhile, the conquistadors with pistols and muskets are nearly worthless. It takes them so long to take out the pistols that you always run out of their range before they shoot, while when it comes to the musketmen, I don't think I've actually been hit a single time by one so far, so bad is their accuracy.

Still, I'm having an absolute blast with the game so far. I think its absolutely best feature is how you *never* feel safe or confident when running around the wilderness, which is something many other horror games fail to deliver properly. Even the fucking sound of the bell on the darkside is unsettling and eerie, even though it actually acts as a "safety beacon".

And obviously that fucking audo design, holy shit.

agris

Arcane
Patron
Those reviews look like a turd dropped on cement in the middle of a texas summer.

DalekFlay

Arcane
Patron
It's not a press-friendly game. It requires effort, it's original without being obviously different on the surface and it's extremely PC focused in design and gameplay execution. I hope the devs were not expecting a warm reception from most journalists.

Hopefully comments on sites like this boost the sales.

Sodafish

Arcane
Mainstream game journhoes have conniption because of Dewritos withdrawal. News at 11.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom