Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Bethesda wants to save single-player gaming!

LESS T_T

Arcane
Codex 2014

Gaming, like life, is often about social interaction – a time to join with others in a common cause, or to simply exorcise a few demons with some cathartic virtual carnage. But sometimes you just need a little time away. A place where you can go to escape the vicissitudes of everyday life. And that’s where a great single-player game comes in.

Once upon a time, these solitary experiences dominated the gaming landscape. But in recent years, with multiplayer on the rise, single-player games have become fewer in number. Meanwhile, the community has been clamoring for more single-player games, and the media has penned a panoply of pieces bemoaning the loss of single-player experiences. But never fear! Bethesda is here to help. In a new video that debuted at The Game Awards, starring none other than Lynda Carter, we share our vision for saving the single player.

So whether you pick up Wolfenstein II: The New Colossus, The Evil Within 2, Prey, Dishonored 2, DOOM, Fallout 4: Game of the Year, Skyrim Special Edition – or all of the above – rest assured that Bethesda has you covered with a critically acclaimed, award-winning single-player game that’s just what you need.

In the coming weeks, we’ll also be sharing your stories about single-player games on Twitter, Facebook, Instagram and more. So be sure to join in the fun with the hashtag: #SavePlayer1

Infinitron

I post news
Staff Member
Codex Year of the Donut Serpent in the Staglands Dead State Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Pathfinder: Kingmaker Pathfinder: Wrath I'm very into cock and ball torture I helped put crap in Monomyth
Haaahaaaaaaaaa!

I wonder if they really see this as a serious threat to which they have no response, or if they're just trying to get attention/PR points.

Ash

Arcane
So whether you pick up Wolfenstein II: The New Colossus, The Evil Within 2, Prey, Dishonored 2, DOOM, Fallout 4: Game of the Year, Skyrim Special Edition – or all of the above – rest assured that Bethesda has you covered with a critically acclaimed, award-winning single-player game that’s just what you need.

These are ALL variably declined, worse than older games in their respective lineage.

Older Wolfenstien games > Machine game's efforts.
Older elder scrolls > nuElder Scrolls.
Classic Doom > NuDoom
Classic Immersive Sims > Dishonored/Prey
Older Fallout Games > FO4
Older Resident Evil/survival horrors in general > Evil Within

It's a sad state of affairs when some of these declined games (e.g DOOM, Prey) are few of the actually playable AAA singleplayer games on the modern market. Playable as in they're declined/inferior, but not TOTAL shit.

Last edited:

Infinitron

I post news
Staff Member
Codex Year of the Donut Serpent in the Staglands Dead State Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Pathfinder: Kingmaker Pathfinder: Wrath I'm very into cock and ball torture I helped put crap in Monomyth
Oh oh, I've got a meme idea for this.

Single-player:

Lynda-as-Wonder-Woman-264419.jpg

Multi-player:

justice-league-poster.jpg

Come on Reddit, make it happen.

udm

Arcane
Patron
Make the Codex Great Again!
"But here at Bethesda [...] we make all sorts of games"

LAWL get outta here, stalker

:hahyou:

G.O.D

Arcane
Patron
Project: Eternity Wasteland 2
The fuck did I just watch?

I wonder what kind of moron at Bethesda thought that video was a good idea.

Bethesda quality as usual.

LESS T_T

Arcane
Codex 2014
Look at video's comments or search #SavePlayer1. People (Bethesda audience) praise and thank Bethesda.

Ismaul

Thought Criminal #3333
Patron
Codex 2014 PC RPG Website of the Year, 2015 Codex 2016 - The Age of Grimoire Make the Codex Great Again! Grab the Codex by the pussy Insert Title Here RPG Wokedex Strap Yourselves In Codex Year of the Donut Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 BattleTech A Beautifully Desolate Campaign My team has the sexiest and deadliest waifus you can recruit.
It's not like was gonna play any Bethesda game ever but this, this is just the worst cringy shit.

"Hey we're Bethesda we heard you like multiplayer but plzplzplz don't forget about our games let us keep our jerbs (p.s. we're doing this for you)"

Azalin

Arcane
Patron
I am almost certain that whoever had the idea to make this video was high as fuck when he was brainstorming but I have to admit that Bethesda is the only AAA publisher/developer that has single player games as their priority no matter how shitty they end up in the end,most others has single player as an after thought

spectre

Arcane
"But here at Bethesda [...] we make all sorts of games"

LAWL get outta here, stalker

:hahyou:

It's quite true actually, with just one engine they made: the last good elder scrolls game, shitty dumbed down elder scrolls game, a bit less shitty elder scrolls game, elder scrolls with guns, base building sim.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom