Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Company News Bethesda vs Interplay in the court of William M Nickerson

Ausir

Arcane
Hah, I was banned from Beth forum again.

Ausir

Arcane
They deleted my posts from Beth forum because I said that I talked to an Interplay insider and he said that Bethesda never intended to approve anything for Interplay.

anyone claiming that an "insider" on either side has been feeding them information about an ongoing legal case is almost certainly breaking the law and that cannot and will not be permitted on this forum

I replied with

Actually, no. The person in question is breaking his NDA (not that he cares much, considering how Interplay didn't pay him), but I'm not breaking any law myself.

and then I was banned for 10 days for publicly disagreeing with the moderator.

Luzur

Good Sir
Ausir said:
They deleted my posts from Beth forum because I said that I talked to an Interplay insider and he said that Bethesda never intended to approve anything for Interplay.

anyone claiming that an "insider" on either side has been feeding them information about an ongoing legal case is almost certainly breaking the law and that cannot and will not be permitted on this forum

I replied with

Actually, no. The person in question is breaking his NDA (not that he cares much, considering how Interplay didn't pay him), but I'm not breaking any law myself.

hahah. :lol: :monocle:

Pliskin

Arbiter
Ausir said:

I replied with

Big-Brother-765717.jpg

Please report to the nearest Bethesduh Reeducation Station.

Remember: Ignorance is Strength!

Xi

Arcane
Do we judge the situation, or the internal disposition of the company in this case? I want to believe we should judge the companies' disposition, but I know this is hardly the case. Fucking apes banging their chest in the jungle. That's the situation, and it's not that they're inherently apes, even though they are, rather it's because they're in a fucking jungle. God damn the legal jungle. It's a zoo without cages!

Syraxis

Novice
Ausir said:

No wonder it's impossible to have a half decent discussion there. :lol:

poocolator

Erudite
The Order of Discalced Codexian Convulsionists
Their moderators are perfectly qualified for their own forums. Bethesda only demands absolute obedience and fanatical worship, not intelligence or anything of the sort, from their moderators. By any other forum standards, those creeps would be kicked and banned for being morons. What can you expect, besides a banning, when a codexer goes over there for discussion? Certainly not that. (Unless you enjoy discussing mods that change the colour of BethDogmeat's ball sack.)

Luzur

Good Sir
thesheeep said:
Wow. they must have the worst qualified moderators ever on their forums :)

yeah, but they are good at slurping the dev dongles, especially princess_stomper.

Tails

Arbiter
Ausir said:

I replied with

:salute: but I'm rather surprised that you didn't get permanent ban for this, since many people get for less non-righteous things.

Pliskin

Arbiter
Tails said:
:salute: but I'm rather surprised that you didn't get permanent ban for this, since many people get for less non-righteous things.

I saw someone banned for pointing out that Fawkes was a female.

Still don't understand the reasoning behind that one --- except maybe it upset the kiddies, or sumfink.

Luzur

Good Sir
Pliskin said:
Tails said:

I saw someone banned for pointing out that Fawkes was a female.

Still don't understand the reasoning behind that one --- except maybe it upset the kiddies, or sumfink.

could have been about the information ruining the circlejerk the kids where doing since girls could give them cooties.

Syraxis

Novice
Luzur said:
could have been about the information ruining the circlejerk the kids where doing since girls could give them cooties.

Ironic considering the last few games they released had an M rating, yet bethsoft is hellbent on having a forum community made up of thirteen year olds.

Ausir

Arcane
Actually, Fawkes is male and the whole female thing was a mistake. Banning for it sounds rather harsh, though.

Phelot

Arcane
I bet the judge is like "What the fuck is a Bethesda? What the fuck is Arpeegee? Is that an Italian sauce?"

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom