Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Game News Bethesda to develop and publish Fallout 3?

Volourn

Pretty Princess
Pretty Princess Glory to Ukraine
Wrong.

WrOnG

wRoNg

W
R
O
N
G

infinity

Human Shield

Augur
Well things got bleaker, aninterview from hell.

GameSpy: Since you now have the rights for the franchise on console, is Fallout 3 also coming to consoles?
Pete Hines: Our intent is to develop and publish the game for a number of platforms

GameSpy: Will Fallout 3 follow in the footsteps of its predecessor in style of game play?
Pete Hines: Again, too specific.

Voss

Erudite
The fun thing is, its obvious they are still in initial ideas phase. And thats fine, to a degree, since it obviously needs to be done. But why give an interview with nothing to say. If you feel you have to talk about it, gibber about the stuff thats relevant- why you acquired it, and why you feel you can make a good game. But don't just blather about how its too early for essentially anything.

Lasakon

Liturgist
I will kidnap Herve Caen and kill him. This will solve nothing, but it might make the pain easier to take. I liked MW for what it was like a lot of other people, but if the developers think they can just borrow everything from MW then they will fail.

Volourn

Pretty Princess
Pretty Princess Glory to Ukraine
Lasakon is a moron and an idiot. i don't say that often except in reference to me; but in his case I'll make an exemption.

I agree with Voss as well. What an useless interview.

Worm

Liturgist
God, you guys wouldn't be happy unless Interplay recieved a billion dollar grant from the government to make Fallout 3. Stop being so unrealistic. Know what, keep being unrealistic, keep pretending BethSoft is going to make you a fucking Morrowind mod and keep on bitching. It gives me a solid example of exactly when to blow the brains out of my head.

Lasakon

Liturgist
Volourn said:
Lasakon is a moron and an idiot. i don't say that often except in reference to me; but in his case I'll make an exemption.

They won't fail at making money, but they will piss off most of the Fallout fanbase. Is that an more appropriate statement?

TFVanguard

Liturgist
Lasakon said:
They won't fail at making money, but they will piss off most of the Fallout fanbase. Is that an more appropriate statement?[/quote]

Oh no, they may quite possibly fail at making money too. People really seem to forget how much money these games take to make. (Hint, a small team of 10 people, getting paid around $35K a year, for two years, for a typical game, comes up to $700,000, and that's just salaries for a small team actually doing development...)

But, I don't envy Bethesda in taking on the Fallout license. Literally nothing that they put out will make the fandom happy - expectations will be for Fallout 1, exactly as it was, with the same characters, story, rules, interface, etc -- only new.

Greenskin13

Erudite
Worm said:
God, you guys wouldn't be happy unless Interplay recieved a billion dollar grant from the government to make Fallout 3.

Actually, if you spend a little over 4 minutes here reading, you'd learn the Codex isn't exactly friendly with Inertplay at the moment.

crufty

Arcane
MW wasn't a bad game. Lionheart was a bad game. So, looking into my crystal ball, I could see Beths. digging deep, delving into the perverse that FO3 demands, and unshackled by truly open ended worlds, actually delivering a coherent plot line.

But could I see FO3 ending up like Charlies Angels 2 -- cheap, souless, marred by chunky chicks, stupid dance scenes, loyal to the license in name only--but still making money with big explosions and a few funny lines? Yeah.

Fortunately nethack will always be there for me. *pats his little dog*

Sheriff05

Liturgist
INTERNET2.0 said:
I don't even care about Fallout, but after being linked to this thread from my forums I just had to tell you all what I think of you and your childish whining. You should be grateful you're getting anything at all, you little snots. No wonder the RPG Codex forums have such a bad reputation on the rest of the internet.

Let me enlighten you to several things:
First and foremost, Fuck You.
Secondly, . People here bitch about whatever the hell they want they don't need some limp dick net-nanny dropping by for a lecture.
Finally, the real irony is how often numerous asshat's like yourself question RPGCodex's reputation and yet still post here and guaranteed, read it daily.

Personally, I feel the Fallout franchise is long dead. It's not coming back no matter what fucking name you put on some shitty game...It's spirit died with the end of the era of the games it represented.
Why the hell shouldn't people complain about another new group of " developers"
trying to rape the corpse??. This is all about greed not some noble effort to recessitate a legacy.

TFVanguard

Liturgist
Sheriff05 said:

Way to step up to the plate and prove him wrong! Way to show that you're a rational, mature, reasonable person. Way not to go off at the handle based on absolutely nothing at all.

Oy.

mr. lamat

Liturgist
that the rpgcodex's version of a group hug, mime-diddler.

and your signature gives several valid reasons to have a go at your self-esteem.

TFVanguard

Liturgist
mr. lamat said:
and your signature gives several valid reasons to have a go at your self-esteem.

Oh, have a go all you want. Knock yourself out. But if you think I'm going to be upset that you're personally attacking me over my taste of games, or my experience in making games... well.. let's just say that I left the eigth grade a long, long time ago.

mr. lamat

Liturgist
yet your taste in entertainment and capacity for gossip and name dropping remained firmly there.

i think we've found that elusive definition for "irony" we were looking for.

Sheriff05

Liturgist
TFVanguard said:
Way to show that you're a rational, mature, reasonable person.

Great, another delusional fuckwit who thinks there is actually a place for that sort of behavior on the internet.. :lol:

INTERNET2.0

Novice
Sheriff05 said:
INTERNET2.0 said:
I don't even care about Fallout, but after being linked to this thread from my forums I just had to tell you all what I think of you and your childish whining. You should be grateful you're getting anything at all, you little snots. No wonder the RPG Codex forums have such a bad reputation on the rest of the internet.

Secondly, . People here bitch about whatever the hell they want they don't need some limp dick net-nanny dropping by for a lecture.
Finally, the real irony is how often numerous asshat's like yourself question RPGCodex's reputation and yet still post here and guaranteed, read it daily.

HAHAHA, I've never even heard of this website until today.

TFVanguard

Liturgist
mr. lamat said:
yet your taste in entertainment

Really? Exactly which games would be 'eigth grade' entertainment? And, even if some of my tastes were from that age - I'm assuming that, somehow, liking more grognard-centric games somehow makes you more 'mature'?

and capacity for gossip

Show me where I've posted a rumor here. Please? I've posted only my own thoughts on some issues - based on what everyone else here has seen.

and name dropping remained firmly there.

Years ago, I was an office roomie with Todd Howard when he was working on PBA Bowling. I did work on Daggerfall very very late in its cycle. It was actually not a pleasant experience, as the stress level at Bethesda was immense at the time.

And I brought it up because that company is being discussed, and because someone that knows Todd could pass along a 'hi' for me.

TFVanguard

Liturgist
Sheriff05 said:
Great, another delusional fuckwit who thinks there is actually a place for that sort of behavior on the internet.. :lol:

Well, no, but I question the logic of constantly berating and shitting on someone, while at the same time demanding they listen to you - because you're so important. It's like watching a poor man with a severe impotence problem demanding to get laid in a whorehouse... it just ain't gonna happen.

Sheriff05

Liturgist
INTERNET2.0 said:
\

And see look. you're back already , you couldn't just "wave your noble finger" and leave could you? how many hours you been watching this thread? Did you get what you came for?
you pathetic fucking noob.

INTERNET2.0

Novice
Sheriff05 said:
INTERNET2.0 said:
\

And see look. you're back already , you couldn't just "wave your noble finger" and leave could you? how many hours you been watching this thread? Did you get what you came for?
you pathetic fucking noob.

Oh no don't call me a noob. This isn't Counterstrike.

TFVanguard

Liturgist
mr. lamat said:
sure thing, muffin. get worked up. i encourage the lengthy replies in maginot like defense.

I'm worked up? Guy, I don't know you from Adam. I am interested in talking about games, though - so that's what I'm a gonna' do.

Let me know when you're wanting to do the same.

Jung

Liturgist
The seamy underbelly of your seamy underbelly
Sheriff05 said:

Personally, I feel the Fallout franchise is long dead. It's not coming back no matter what fucking name you put on some shitty game...It's spirit died with the end of the era of the games it represented.
Why the hell shouldn't people complain about another new group of " developers"
trying to rape the corpse??. This is all about greed not some noble effort to recessitate a legacy.

:D Ha ha, I am loving this thread. I am not in love with FO yet, but I just started playing it.:wink: And, you are right, there aren't many games made now that don't target the mouth-breather demographic.

BS dropped the ball (gameplay wise) with MW, but the managed to paint over the problems with slick graphics. They were rewarded for the shoddy work with slobbering reviews and dumb-struck fans who couldn't get over the pretty water and endless loot. BS has given us little indication they can put a whole game together that is more than a few good ideas surrounded by bad ones and puffed up with filler.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom