Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Game News Bethesda E3 2016 Conference: Fallout 4 DLC, Skyrim Special Edition, Dishonored 2, and Prey with MCA

Jaesun

Fabulous Ex-Moderator
Patron
MCA
ugh, with the new shitty Fallout 4 engine, who would even care?

Deleted member 7219

ugh, with the new shitty Fallout 4 engine, who would even care?

Bethesda seemed determined to completely fuck everything up with their changes to the character system in Fallout 4. It was such an obvious act of malicious sabotage... but the gaming media lapped it all up.

Delterius

Arcane
resized_ScreenShot607.jpg

CkzdpeyVAAAycNb.jpg

Is this CHIM?

Warning! Do NOT watch Fallout 4 announcements trailer. It MAY give you a cancer! This "contraptions" thing made me wish I was never born :(

:badnews:

Athelas

Arcane
I look forward to methodically going over every nook and cranny of Prey's levels in search of the two audiologs that MCA will presumably write.

throwaway

Cipher
Bit shit that Skyrim's SE won't be provided to those who merely had the stand-alone game. Although I guess even with the leading mods presumably scrambling into compatibility with it, it won't significantly reduce the 10+ hours needed to mod Skyrim.

Also MCA denying any future Obsidian Fallout titles seems now to have come from a rather informed position :updatedmytxt:

I for one look forward to the Skyrim: Special Edition breaking 5 years worth of mod compatibility.
Don't forget the console scene making all PC modders quit. Fallout 4 was already breaking the Bethesda modding community, this will be the nail in the coffin. I hope Bethesda doesn't expect long-term viability out of their current policy, they are cashing out 15 years of goodwill for 1-2 console titles.
Care to elaborate a bit for those not following Fallout 4?

Zeriel

Arcane
Bit shit that Skyrim's SE won't be provided to those who merely had the stand-alone game. Although I guess even with the leading mods presumably scrambling into compatibility with it, it won't significantly reduce the 10+ hours needed to mod Skyrim.

Also MCA denying any future Obsidian Fallout titles seems now to have come from a rather informed position :updatedmytxt:

I for one look forward to the Skyrim: Special Edition breaking 5 years worth of mod compatibility.
Don't forget the console scene making all PC modders quit. Fallout 4 was already breaking the Bethesda modding community, this will be the nail in the coffin. I hope Bethesda doesn't expect long-term viability out of their current policy, they are cashing out 15 years of goodwill for 1-2 console titles.
Care to elaborate a bit for those not following Fallout 4?

http://www.tweaktown.com/news/52408...hreatens-destroy-modding-community/index.html

Invictus

Arcane
The Real Fanboy
Divinity: Original Sin 2
Mmm I am not so sure about the mod compatibility issues, if it is just adds godrays and shaders it wont be much of an issue for anything other than ENBs...plus having a presentation which uses existing mods it is a very good indication that 95% of mods will be compatible
It would be the perfect chance to have a separate Requiem instal

Zeriel

Arcane

So when a site blocks people for using adblocker do they really expect people to white list them?

Just google "Fallout 4 stolen mods" or something like that, you'll find a bunch of articles.

Mmm I am not so sure about the mod compatibility issues, if it is just adds godrays and shaders it wont be much of an issue for anything other than ENBs...plus having a presentation which uses existing mods it is a very good indication that 95% of mods will be compatible
It would be the perfect chance to have a separate Requiem instal

It's a new version of the engine, so at bare minimum SKSE will have to be rewritten (it's an executable edit), and any mods that use SKSE (most gameplay mods of any note use it, every mod with a menu pretty much uses it, etc) will require that.

Orobis

Arcane
Sychophantic Noob
How much can we expect MCA to be involved with Prey? What did he write...2 characters?

soulburner

Cipher
I also wonder about the extent of MCAs involvement in Prey. When I first saw the trailer I thought I'm not touching this shit. It has absolutely nothing to do with the original, no Native American elements, most likely no alien abduction, portals or gravity crazy stuff. Also, knowing how Bethesda screwed the original developers out of making the sequel...

Oh, and the black goo stolen from the failed XCOM first person shooter looked terribly lame.

Chris's involvement made me kind of interested, though. But if all he did was write a few dialogs for characters I'm going to pass and watch a youtube summary if anything worth my time is there.

J_C

One Bit Studio
Patron
Developer
Project: Eternity Wasteland 2 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag. Pathfinder: Wrath
I also wonder about the extent of MCAs involvement in Prey. When I first saw the trailer I thought I'm not touching this shit. It has absolutely nothing to do with the original, no Native American elements, most likely no alien abduction, portals or gravity crazy stuff. Also, knowing how Bethesda screwed the original developers out of making the sequel...
It blows my mind why they even call it Prey?

DosBuster

Arcane
Patron
The Real Fanboy
Codex USB, 2014
It blows my mind why they even call it Prey?

They own the IP, they gotta use it.

Keldryn

Arcane
Man those Fallout 4 add-ons look really stupid... Was anybody really asking for this whole "builder" aspect to be in Fallout? I mean I love open-endedness and world interactivity, but this seems really pointless. I haven't played Fallout 4, but the town building sounds really bolted-on and unrelated to the rest of the game. Now it's looking like post-apocalyptic The Sims.

Skyrim SE does look gorgeous though, I'll give it that much.

Zeriel

Arcane

I don't think "please don't upload my mod that doesn't work on consoles to consoles, then send all complaints to me, the guy who made it and didn't put it on consoles" or "please don't make money off of something you never made" is being a naggy cunt. I mean, any community where people think that is okay is a community I'd never want to mod for. Modding is a thankless discipline where the only possible reward you get is a feeling of accomplishment and credit, stealing that credit is pretty fucking slimy, but whatever.

Black

Arcane
All bethesda games modders are naggy cunts.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom