Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Game News Bethesda E3 2016 Conference: Fallout 4 DLC, Skyrim Special Edition, Dishonored 2, and Prey with MCA

Infinitron

I post news
Staff Member
Codex Year of the Donut Serpent in the Staglands Dead State Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Pathfinder: Kingmaker Pathfinder: Wrath I'm very into cock and ball torture I helped put crap in Monomyth
Tags: Arkane Studios; Bethesda Softworks; Chris Avellone; Dishonored 2; Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim; Fallout 4; Fallout Shelter; Harvey Smith; Prey (Arkane Studios); Raphael Colantonio; The Elder Scrolls Online; The Elder Scrolls: Legends; Todd Howard

Bethesda's E3 press conference last night was a bit more interesting than EA's. The actual Bethesda Game Studios didn't really have a lot to show this year. In a four minute video, Todd Howard introduced the second wave of Fallout 4 DLC - the Contraptions Workshop, another piece of $5 crafting nonsense coming out next week, the Vault-Tec Workshop, which seems to be an in-game implementation of Fallout Shelter that's coming out in July, and Nuka-World, a major story-based add-on coming out in August that will be Fallout 4's final DLC. Fallout Shelter itself is going to be receiving a major update and will be released on PC in July.

Todd also confirmed the recent rumors of a Skyrim remaster for next-gen consoles. Skyrim Special Edition is coming out on October 28th and will feature graphical updates like "volumetric god rays" and "new snow shaders". It's coming to PC as well and will be a free update if you own the original Skyrim and all of its DLC. Speaking of The Elder Scrolls, there were also a couple of trailers for The Elder Scrolls Online MMO and The Elder Scrolls: Legends card game, but nobody cares about those. So here's the video:

The real stars of the conference, however, were Arkane Studios. Harvey Smith introduced a new trailer for Dishonored 2, which is coming out on November 11th. It reveals that the mysterious usurper that ousts Emily Kaldwin from her throne is none other than Delilah, the villainous witch who was the antagonist of the first game's DLCs. There was also a good amount of Dishonored 2 gameplay footage.

But Dishonored isn't Arkane's only franchise anymore. Arkane Austin's Raph Colantonio came on stage to announce Prey, finally confirming the rumors that have been circulating since 2013. It's a science fiction-themed immersive sim in the Arkane tradition that's set onboard an alien-infested space station. Sounds pretty System Shock-like, right? And guess what - Chris Avellone is involved! It's actually fitting, given that Obsidian had their own Prey 2 project for a while. Maybe this is why he's been namedropping System Shock recently. Here are the trailers:

Prey is set to come out sometime next year. It doesn't appear to be billing itself as an RPG so we won't be covering it in depth here, but I'm sure it's going to be at the top of many a Codexer's wishlist. I wonder what this means for OtherSide Entertainment's System Shock 3, which in addition to the obvious similarities is also going to be developed in the same city as Prey. That could get weird.

Jrpgfan

Erudite
CkzdpeyVAAAycNb.jpg

Jedi Exile

Arcanum
Patron
Project: Eternity Shadorwun: Hong Kong
Why are they still using the name Prey for this game? It doesn't have anything to do with the original Prey anymore.

Paul_cz

Arcane
Why are they still using the name Prey for this game? It doesn't have anything to do with the original Prey anymore.
Because they can, since they bought the license, and because it sounds cool. Whether it has any connection to original Prey is irelevant, it's just a word.

Shame no Evil Within 2 or something else from Mikami, but I am definitely looking forward to both Arkane games. Love that studio.

Prey trailer looked fun at first. And then there were shown FPS mechanics. Immediately lost interest at that point :(

oldmanpaco

Master of Siestas
I for one look forward to the Skyrim: Special Edition breaking 5 years worth of mod compatibility.

undecaf

Arcane
Patron
Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2
Prey trailer looked fun at first. And then there were shown FPS mechanics. Immediately lost interest at that point :(

Agreed.
-----------------------------
What was the name of that older shite FPS game where the player was hunted by black goo?

And what was that other games name where the player had black goo in his hands voiced by Mike Patton?

Not so good vibes from Prey...

Klarion

Arcane
so this means that Skyrim PC requirements are gonna go up for this "special edition" ?

Klarion

Arcane
Apparently new Skyrim will be:
-separate game from original
-made in new engine that supports DX11
-natively support 64bit CPU
-graphics enhancements

and best of all... FREE! (except for console peasants who will have to pay)

Was Prey even that popular to throw money at the IP rights?

Happy for Chris Avellone. Wishing him a hasty ascent towards a better Fallout and may the void sharpen his blade and help his hand when the time comes to slit many throats, the likes of Toddler and Hines.

Last edited:

Kev Inkline

Arcane
Patron
A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Pathfinder: Kingmaker Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag.
"Prey With MCA"

How come, what’s wrong with you?
Codex faces often with frowns
Let’s do what devils do
Play FO4 when no one’s around
Why can’t I torment you?
Giving, then you take it away
The little things you do
Simply, I love your evil ways
Your ways, your ways, your ways

Prey with MCA, I think I owe you an apology
Somehow you bring the fanboy out in me
RPGS just a shell of what they used to be
Passion is sometimes a fucked up thing for me

:mca:

Zeriel

Arcane
I for one look forward to the Skyrim: Special Edition breaking 5 years worth of mod compatibility.

Don't forget the console scene making all PC modders quit. Fallout 4 was already breaking the Bethesda modding community, this will be the nail in the coffin. I hope Bethesda doesn't expect long-term viability out of their current policy, they are cashing out 15 years of goodwill for 1-2 console titles.

DeepOcean

Arcane
Wot? MCA is working on Prey 2?
Will the awesomeness of God Emperor Avellone overcome those Bethesdan Jew xenos or will he fall prey to the chaos forces of decline?

---

Arcane
Wot? MCA is working on Prey 2?
Will the awesomeness of God Emperor Avellone overcome those Bethesdan Jew xenos or will he fall prey to the chaos forces of decline?
It's Arkane, not Bethesda, and it's just "Prey" (they rebooted the series).

Metro

Arcane
Beg Auditor
Don't fool yourself -- MCA writing Fallout: New Orleans CONFIRMED.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom