Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Game News Bethesda comes to GOG: Classic Elder Scrolls games released, Fallout trilogy returns

pippin

That knowledge will die with us because fuck the rest. Goddamn popamolers.

Richard Grey did nothing wrong then. We must follow his example.

Fairfax

Arcane
The truly sad thing is, only we know Fallout/Fallout 2 were made by Black Isle Studio.

The rest of the world doesn't know...... or care.
That's to be expected, retards gonna retard. Bethesda purchased the Fallout IP for goddamn 5.75 million dollars (6.6 today).
That's what makes me truly sad, because it shows the studios with people capable of making a proper Fallout are so unsuccessful/poorly managed that none of them had 6 milion dollars to spend on it.

imweasel

Blame the fucking faggots that bought Bethesda's Morrowind trash (which is by far the most overrated game on the Codex BTW). They gave Bethesda money which they used to buy the Fallout IP and subsequently have Todd rape the fuck out of it.

G.O.D

Arcane
Patron
Project: Eternity Wasteland 2
On topic: Just noticed this when buying a game on GOG. Wow. I'm so glad I got them for free a while ago. Really, fuck em. I mean, I've got the CD-Roms still, but they are in poor shape. Beth isn't getting my money.

Off topic: JudasIscariot, What are the parameters for getting a game in the catalog? I assume being able to strike a deal with the owner of the IP and wishlist? Which means there is no chance for Beasts and Bumpkins getting included.

pippin

Blame the fucking faggots that bought Bethesda's Morrowind trash (which is by far the most overrated game on the Codex BTW). They gave Bethesda money which they used to buy the Fallout IP and subsequently have Todd rape the fuck out of it.

While I like Morrowind, this is true, and the fact that it was a huge hit on the original xbox really made Bethesda into the huge monstrosity that it is today.
This manual incident is indeed a sign of lazy behavior, but I do think publishers should be more careful with their own products. I mean, I know there's a lot of BBC employees banging their heads against the walls for just deleting the tapes of most of the early Dr. Who material.

Curious_Tongue

Larpfest
Patron
Codex 2012 Codex 2013 Serpent in the Staglands Codex USB, 2014

Blame the faggots who bought Morrowind but wahhhed at Bethesda about it being too hard.

RPG Wokedex Strap Yourselves In
It's not the first time GOG does it. Ultima V lacks journal of Lord British's travel. Which provides important backstory and gameplay information. It details which routes British took in the underworld, which makes finding him and some in-game locations much easier.

JudasIscariot

Arcane
Patron
Serpent in the Staglands Codex USB, 2014
On topic: Just noticed this when buying a game on GOG. Wow. I'm so glad I got them for free a while ago. Really, fuck em. I mean, I've got the CD-Roms still, but they are in poor shape. Beth isn't getting my money.

Off topic: JudasIscariot, What are the parameters for getting a game in the catalog? I assume being able to strike a deal with the owner of the IP and wishlist? Which means there is no chance for Beasts and Bumpkins getting included.

We need to know if the rights owner actually owns the rights, whether the game is worth pursuing in the first place (the wishlist helps with this somewhat) plus a few other factors that I am not privy to :)

JudasIscariot

Arcane
Patron
Serpent in the Staglands Codex USB, 2014
JudasIscariot GOG could have asked around... I wonder who has so many of these classic games they sell.....? :hmmm:

I actually have a physical copy of Redguard complete with the manual (the comic did not come with the box) but I haven't had the chance to scan it *properly* (make sure everything is straight, check whether any blemishes need to be cleaned up or photoshopped out, and ensure it looks nice without weigh). For example, the manual for Covert Action took me two weeks as not only did I work on that and deal with 90+ pages that had to be scanned several times as that manual is thick and not in the standard manual shape but I had to perform my main duties at work :)

As for who has a lot of these classic games, we actually buy the physical copies via eBay if no one in the office has a physical version :)

But it's easier to just call us lazy so have at it :)

G.O.D

Arcane
Patron
Project: Eternity Wasteland 2
We need to know if the rights owner actually owns the rights, whether the game is worth pursuing in the first place (the wishlist helps with this somewhat) plus a few other factors that I am not privy to :)

Maybe you could, against all odds, get the ball rolling? (Not sure about your exact position) I know I'd advertise it for GOG :smug:

Grim Monk

Arcane
I actually have a physical copy of Redguard complete with the manual (the comic did not come with the box) but I haven't had the chance to scan it *properly* (make sure everything is straight, check whether any blemishes need to be cleaned up or photoshopped out, and ensure it looks nice without weigh).

The Redguard manual previously linked here is already of good quality:
http://ge.tt/3qMsb1O/v/0?c
(It looks much better then the version you currently have up.)
Only the "Pocket Guide" is messed up, and you could splice that in.

More importantly I'd like to reiterate that your current version is missing the "Addendum".

Screenshots:
addendum1_2.jpg

addendum3.jpg

Even if Bethesda HQ ordered the removal of Pocket Guide "flavor lore", this part should have stayed in.
It's not part of the "PGttE" and contains no "lore" but instead controls and important player info!

Last edited:

Daemongar

Arcane
Codex Year of the Donut
I bought Battlespire for the Arena and Daggerfall installers. Actually playing a bit of Arena now, and enjoying it quite a bit. I have the freeware, but having the installer and such located on GoG makes traveling and dealing with boredom easier. Just wish the "detail" slider actually did something.

Curious_Tongue

Larpfest
Patron
Codex 2012 Codex 2013 Serpent in the Staglands Codex USB, 2014
May more people learn about the brilliance of Morrowind.

May it stay on the top 10 RPG lists for all time.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom