Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

NSFW Best Thread Ever [No SJW-related posts allowed]

Roguey

Codex Staff
Staff Member
Sawyerite
I'm sure they're all eternally thankful to Nathan Grayson for sparing them the decadent objectification of Blizzard's crappy art.
Many on twitter do in fact appreciate the question he asked in the interview, including quite a few women who work in the game industry.

Though I personally think he comes across as a bit too patriarchal. Feminist allies are better used as support units instead of on the front.

Many women enjoy playing sexually aggressive looking characters because it's a form of power-fantasy for them.
It's an awful thing when that's the only archetype that's available when men get more.

Good thing we've solved every single other issue in the world so we can finally turn to the final solution of the question of minorities and gender inequality. We all should worry daily that we do not become insensitive, cynical brutes that cannot appreciate a daffodil in the summer field, nor frolic 'neath a rainbow bright. Repent, fit in, sing kumbayah in this all-inclusive, friendly world, friends.
Ah yes, the old "Don't you have something better to do?" derail, using the bizarre assumption that a person can only devote themselves to one issue at a time. How dare you criticize game developers for delivering subpar quality, don't you have something better to do?

Angthoron

Arcane
Good thing we've solved every single other issue in the world so we can finally turn to the final solution of the question of minorities and gender inequality. We all should worry daily that we do not become insensitive, cynical brutes that cannot appreciate a daffodil in the summer field, nor frolic 'neath a rainbow bright. Repent, fit in, sing kumbayah in this all-inclusive, friendly world, friends.
Ah yes, the old "Don't you have something better to do?" derail, using the bizarre assumption that a person can only devote themselves to one issue at a time. How dare you criticize game developers for delivering subpar quality, don't you have something better to do?

So, did the gamejourno mention the milking of DOTA-likes? The constant lowering of the standards of Blizzard's games? The endless mechanical decline? The dumbed-down gameplay? The huge space between patches for its MMO? You know, those OTHER issues you mentioned? Oh, what, no? SJW took all his time and attention? D'aww. Well, I'll be over here feeling bad about the chauvinist pig that I am and hoping one day I turn to a special, caring flower that belongs by default rather than make any actual effort.

Sure, it's all fine to talk about the super-important issues of gender and minorities and shit, but how about talking about, you know, gaming on a gaming site? Mechanics, maybe? Or is that too hard, too much of a gap to cross from "me gusta" or "shittypoopoo" opinion pieces?

Mind you, these are rhetorical questions here, because the answer to them is fairly obvious.

Roguey

Codex Staff
Staff Member
Sawyerite
"SJW took all his time and attention" even though it was one question out of ten.

Also the interview would have been over starting with the first if he immediately started attacking him and Blizzard as a company like you wanted him to. The guy couldn't even handle a non-softball question.

Angthoron

Arcane
He actually handled it pretty well, it's the journalist that kinda lost it. They ARE making a DOTA game. A DOTA game that's using existing Blizzard character models. What exactly is the problem? Where was the "journalist's" righteous indignation when Starcraft: Ghost was announced, and ass-shots of Nova were all over the internet in that very same Ghost suit, but in 3rd person perspective? I recall all journos fapping to the idea of a TPS back then. Why didn't they rage at Kerrigan models in SC2? They're the exact same model, you know. How about Night Elves? How about the "I set a bow string, not a g-string" sound clip Huntress has in WC3? Where is the indignation regarding a long-standing sexist streak in Blizzard games?

There's time and space for messages, and this is clearly not one, the devs don't want it to have a message, they just want to recycle their existing models. If you don't like it, just move along, strongarming everyone to do what YOU want is pretty retarded and is pretty much the exact behaviour, or rather, the results of it, that the minorities and feminists are technically fighting against as far as I'm aware.

As for one question out of ten... Are the other nine covering the issues I mentioned, then? How about shooting hardball questions to other subjects than the ever-popular social justice? Who gives a shit if it's a sexist piece of shit or not, it's still a piece of shit in a series of shits that you can't make ten clicks on the web without seeing mentioned at least fucking once. Maybe if gamejournos would shoot hardball questions about that genuinely pertain to gaming I'd still be reading gaming press, who knows.

Roguey

Codex Staff
Staff Member
Sawyerite
For someone who doesn't read 'em, you sure like to complain about 'em a lot. :P

And no, he didn't handle it well. He got all pathetic and defensive, like men usually do when their privilege is threatened.

Also all art is a message.

Angthoron

Arcane
Like lack of trying/seeing/caring about stuff has ever stopped anyone on the Codex from complaining about it.

'sides, it's my Sunday Demagogue o'clock.

Where'd he get defensive? The part where he said they weren't making a message? It was an honest and direct answer, the PR seems to have taken care of the rest, to be fair, it's not his place to respond on story/message/content anyway - story is Metzen's stuff.

And art may be a message, but people that believe postmodernist slogans about author's ownership being dead, and it all being in spectator's domain now can take that opinion and shove it up their ass, then get inspired to create their own art for others to own and interpret.

Oh, and DOTA clones aren't an art just like football isn't, no matter how passionate a football fan may feel.

Cowboy Moment

Arcane
I'm sure they're all eternally thankful to Nathan Grayson for sparing them the decadent objectification of Blizzard's crappy art.
Many on twitter

Ok, on a totally serious note, did the SJW community ever make an effort to learn what women who actually play games want? As in, not the vocal minority organizing witchhunts on twitter, but the silent majority who presumably either don't know this is a thing or don't want to get involved. I'm curious personally, because on one hand you have these fundamentalist SJWs, and on the other women playing Scarlet Blade and enjoying having a sexy avatar. Would be nice to have some numbers, is what I'm saying.

FeelTheRads

Arcane
Also all art is a message.
:lol: You are dumb and clueless.

Also all SJW are retards.

Ok, on a totally serious note, did the SJW community ever make an effort to learn what women who actually play games want?

I wouldn't know about what all of them want, but my girlfriend had no idea such outrage existed and was pretty amused about it. Guess she's being destroyed by my patriarchy.
Of course, she's not a "hardcore" gamer. But at least she's not playing games just to cry about them and try to shoehorn their agenda in, like Roguey's kind does.

catfood

AGAIN
dota2femaleheroes.jpg

more_league_ladies_by_coolb05-d4jeahs.jpg

dodson-x-women-500-cover1.jpg

w9.jpg

I like big tits and I cannot lie. SJW can cry me a river. :smug:

FeelTheRads

Arcane
I wish they finally admitted that deep down this is just boob-envy. Well, actually, they do sometimes: waaah unrealistic beauty standard barbie has big tits so men don't like my mousta-shadow waaah

Also, women talk way way more than they consume. And I bet most of these loudmouths don't actually consume anything but f2p thrash and just get riled up thinking of all the other poor women who have to put up with the patriarchy.

Last edited:

Hirato

Purse-Owner
Patron
Codex 2012 Codex USB, 2014 Shadorwun: Hong Kong
Tthe SJW inanity has been going picking up a lot of steam for the past year, so it's getting increasingly difficult to avoid.
I feel nothing of value would be lost if Jaesun or another mod were to simply retardo all of it.

I may as well take the initiative to try and salvage the thread with a hit classic.

hoverdog

dog that is hovering, Wastelands Interactive
Developer
Project: Eternity
it wouldn't be so tiresome if the Defenders of Patriarchy (tm) weren't always there to react, which in turn resolves into monkeys flinging shit at each other.

Grunker

RPG Codex Ghost
Patron
it is, at least, predictable that the first line of defense for both parties is "but they started it!"

Vaarna_Aarne

Notorious Internet Vandal
MCA Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2
Tthe SJW inanity has been going picking up a lot of steam for the past year, so it's getting increasingly difficult to avoid.
I feel nothing of value would be lost if Jaesun or another mod were to simply retardo all of it.

I may as well take the initiative to try and salvage the thread with a hit classic.

I'd say Esteban's best is his furry adventure:

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom