Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

NSFW Best Thread Ever [No SJW-related posts allowed]

Dexter

Arcane
And what the hell is that caricature even talking about?
It's trying to make you feel bad about looking at pictures of T&A and isn't very successful.
catwoman_6_by_tsotne_senpai-d5z3o20.gif

It's also trying to make the point that such things were designed by fat little bald men (if they looked good it'd be different) and branding them with words like "immature" and "creepy" to shame the comic creators.

Meanwhile women like that Skullgirls artist who like to draw such things: http://kinucakes.tumblr.com/ or others that like and defend it: http://tap-repeatedly.com/2013/08/review-dragons-crown/ have internalized muhsoginy.

At the same time they're fawning about that Thor actor guy for being extremely buff: http://groupthink.jezebel.com/chris-hemsworth-has-brad-pitt-hair-1448183019
http://jezebel.com/sexy-men-will-sexily-teach-you-about-their-sexual-sexin-1468299241

And discussing super hero shaped dildos: http://www.themarysue.com/superhero-package/

It's circular feminist logic at its best with the only outcome being the initial supposition and men being evil and lecherous and corrupting womyn.

FeelTheRads

Arcane
were designed by fat little bald men (if they looked good it'd be different

That's pretty much the essence of SJW and feminists and all these deranged assholes:
Unattractive -> PLZ DON"T LOOK AT ME UR HURTING MY SOUL WITH UR CREEPY EYES
Attractive -> Wow, you're totally cool. Put it right it in here.

I wonder how many Codexers:
(a) whine whenever someone mentions that the platemail bikini thing might be a tad sexist

but ALSO....

(b) are amongst the first to cry 'FAAAGGGGOOOOTTTTT-EEELLLLLLFFFFF' with their fingers oustretched like Donald Sutherland at the end of Invasion of the Body Snatchers, whenever they see a game with the manga-ish style of a pretty-boy, feminine looking, ultra-thin youthly male lead?

You do realise it's the same thing in both cases, don't you? Presenting a character that quite a few members of one sex find rather attractive, but in a way that demeans the intelligence of everyone else. You know that feeling you get when you play a game with a Cloud style feminine pretty-boy character (ala Leonardo de Caprio circa Titanic)? It isn't a 'oh my sensibility is offended'. It's a 'WHY THE FUCK WOULD I WANT TO PLAY THAT GUY?' feeling. Why would a girl in a platemail bikini be any different?

Few mainstream feminist critics argue that there shouldn't be sex appeal, or nudity for that matter, in gaming. But just like you can do a male lead that has sex appeal without going the Cloud model, do you really need to go the female equivalent of Cloud in every single game?

The Codex is probably no less of a hugbox for those of us who are offended by waking up to find Harold is now suddenly a tree, than RPS is for people who are offended that a video game female is designed in a titillating way. We all bitch and moan and grind our axes on the internet, finding our respective communities that validate our idealogies. You're right about that.

As it's been said, it's the holier-than-thou attitude these people have that can only come from an over-inflated sense of importance that is so grating about these people. Sure, certain characters will offend my bigotted cis white male sensibilites and I'll occasionally even complain about it on the internet. Unattractive game magazine ads were the reason that I didn't touch PS:T for a long time, despite adoring every Infinity Engine game I had played. But I don't recall seeing these countless Holy Internet Crusades villifying Final Fantasy 12 for having an oily-chested, twink of a tween-wank protagonist. I don't seem to recall constant, self-fellating articles about how harmful Vaan or Tidus looking like fags were. We just shrugged our shoulders and moved on with our lives.

It's been said once and again, but it's just irritating how they wrap themselves in a cloak of their own moral superiority. Does a Starcraft butt shot really cause harm to all women? Who seriously thinks this? Women don't even think this, at least that hasn't been my experience in life at all. A friend of mine dressed as Cammy White for halloween, for fuck's sake. Oh wait sorry anecdotal evidence I'm actually a misogynist.

undecaf

Arcane
Patron
Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2
Rock Paper Shotgun interviews blizzard about some MOBA. It now considers itself some sort of hard hitting journalist site because they ask about "sexy female outfits on characters".

THEN the guy doing the interview forgot what an interview actually is and decided to just tell the Blizzard guy why sexy costumes are ruining the world.

http://www.rockpapershotgun.com/2013/11/22/blizzard-on-heroes-of-the-storm-female-designs-in-mobas/

Then he does a follow up article:

http://www.rockpapershotgun.com/2013/11/22/re-that-heroes-of-the-storm-interview/#more-177204

Apparently the issue of women in sexy outfits is so upsetting to him that;

"Sad. Tears-welling-in-my-eyes-as-I-type-this sad. One of my greatest fears on this Earth is that I might someday sink to that level of cynical jadedness. I worry about it every day."

Cool.

Dear lord...

:what:

Quatlo

Arcane
Check out the comment under that rps review. Honestly even karate clubs are less of a circlejerk than these guys. I wanted to paste a few (really, they can be golden) in spoilers here but I went full butthurt and closed RPS. I just can't stand those special snowflakes walking all around the place thinking they DESERVE anything. They deserve shit. What I even hate more are special snowflakes telling me how other special snowflakes may feel and why I should feel bad about it.
I bet they would love for mmos to have don't tell don't ask rule so noone would be offended.

Also this is nova outfit which caused all this jihaad from Mr. Grayson
Heroes-of-the-Storm-Nova_zps7e962674.png

Oh the horror! Outrageous isnt it? Those... those... thighs!
However I've managed to quickly remedy that with this fine piece of concept art. It keeps the spirit of the joyful original but without that injust bare skin.
ZEu3yqU.png
I'm still waiting for playable male geek character because only one I can think of is Gumpy in JA2, I don't use spit all around the place while talking like he did so I can't feel very well represented in modern games.

warpig

Incel Resistance Leader
Manlet
I'm still waiting for playable male geek character because only one I can think of is Gumpy in JA2, I don't use spit all around the place while talking like he did so I can't feel very well represented in modern games.
Yes, but the geek should be smooth with the ladies and a badass in combat, we don't want to propagate negative geek stereotypes.

Yes, but the geek should be smooth with the ladies and a badass in combat, we don't want to propagate negative geek stereotypes.

But if you do that aren't you unfairly propagating stereotypes that they need to be smooth with the ladies and a badass in combat?

Black_Willow

Arcane

But if you do that aren't you unfairly propagating stereotypes that they need to be smooth with the ladies and a badass in combat?
Wouldn't that be just a geek power fantasy?

warpig

Incel Resistance Leader
Manlet
The purpose is to empower the geek, just like we need "strong and independent" warrior female characters in media to empower women. But...
Wouldn't that be just a geek power fantasy?
Power fantasies are bad, but only when they're straight white male power fantasies. Does a (straight white) geek count as a "straight white male" oppressor or is he also a victim of the whiteriarchy along with women, homosexuals, transsexuals, furries and "people of colour"? Unfortunately I'm not an expert on sjw/librl dogma.

Shadenuat

Arcane
So RPS doesn't just sit in it's lair of dumbfuckery but now is going out in the world, making word of itself and harass clueless developers.
Joy.

But more lulz for us.

Cassidy

Arcane
Unfortunately I'm not an expert on sjw/librl dogma.

Imagine Melinda Gates next to a starving, almost skeletal Ethiopian boy.

According to tumblr SJW dogma, Melinda Gates is victim of patriarchy while the other needs to check his privilege. And no, unfortunately I'm not joking. There are people who truly believe in that rather than trolls.

I hope this example has been informative to help explaining their obsession over cleavage in videogames and the depths of their idiocy.

Roguey

Codex Staff
Staff Member
Sawyerite
I'm not talking about non-exploitative designs, I'm talking about RPS's insistence on shoehorning their SJW crusade in wherever they get the chance. There's a time and a place for everything. An interview about a MOBA is neither the time, nor the place.
Yes it is.
You guise like Forbes-contributors right
xnf1h2.png

Another great twitter-zinger:
the ballots are in. blizzard take a pause to wipe the sweat from their brow. they've been announced as the first president of fuckable women
In conclusion
"I'm not running for President! Let me roll around in my own shit without telling me how I bad I smell!"
/
pig_rolling_in_mud_by_art4life217-d4cgccv.jpg

Roguey

Codex Staff
Staff Member
Sawyerite
All right let's see what he's said recently
Games journalism needs to no only be more adversarial it needs to be more comfortable with adversary. Less thin skinned
Grayson was being adversarial so he approves.

Cowboy Moment

Arcane
Now, if only they got more adversarial in the interest of the consumer, rather than to push their own agendas only tangentially related to video games.

Looking forward to RPS' next Bioware game review, especially if they get a full page ad for said game as they did with ME3.

Roguey

Codex Staff
Staff Member
Sawyerite
In My Safe Space
Codex 2012
SJWs miss the point when it comes to the goal of the sexually aggressive female clothing in games. It isn't here to degrade women but to degrade the male players and reinforce his game addiction.

Now, if only they got more adversarial in the interest of the consumer, rather than to push their own agendas only tangentially related to video games.
Women consume.
Many women enjoy playing sexually aggressive looking characters because it's a form of power-fantasy for them.

Black_Willow

Arcane

According to tumblr SJW dogma, Melinda Gates is victim of patriarchy while the other needs to check his privilege. And no, unfortunately I'm not joking. There are people who truly believe in that rather than trolls.

I hope this example has been informative to help explaining their obsession over cleavage in videogames and the depths of their idiocy.
Aren't Ethiopians bla... I mean 'People of Color'. They're also whitechristianmaleopressed.

Gragt

Arcane
Patron
Serpent in the Staglands Divinity: Original Sin

Aren't Ethiopians bla... I mean 'People of Color'. They're also whitechristianmaleopressed.

Angthoron

Arcane
Good thing we've solved every single other issue in the world so we can finally turn to the final solution of the question of minorities and gender inequality. We all should worry daily that we do not become insensitive, cynical brutes that cannot appreciate a daffodil in the summer field, nor frolic 'neath a rainbow bright. Repent, fit in, sing kumbayah in this all-inclusive, friendly world, friends.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom