Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

NSFW Best Thread Ever [No SJW-related posts allowed]

Kitako

Arcane
I finished Rage when it was new and all I can remember is this girl ass (not depicted in image).

6596272221_3512fc7335_o.png

... and that's about it. Can't remember a thing beside that it was over in a weekend.

Zewp

Arcane
Codex 2013
Rage was just such a steaming pile of mediocre. God, I get angry again just thinking about it.

Mraston

Learned
Rock Paper Shotgun interviews blizzard about some MOBA. It now considers itself some sort of hard hitting journalist site because they ask about "sexy female outfits on characters".

THEN the guy doing the interview forgot what an interview actually is and decided to just tell the Blizzard guy why sexy costumes are ruining the world.

http://www.rockpapershotgun.com/2013/11/22/blizzard-on-heroes-of-the-storm-female-designs-in-mobas/

Then he does a follow up article:

http://www.rockpapershotgun.com/2013/11/22/re-that-heroes-of-the-storm-interview/#more-177204

Apparently the issue of women in sexy outfits is so upsetting to him that;

"Sad. Tears-welling-in-my-eyes-as-I-type-this sad. One of my greatest fears on this Earth is that I might someday sink to that level of cynical jadedness. I worry about it every day."

Cool.

RPS: I have to add, though, that comics might not be the best point of reference for this sort of thing. I mean, it’s a medium that’s notorious – often in a not-good way – for sexing up female characters and putting them in some fairly gross situations.

Browder: We’re not running for President. We’re not sending a message. No one should look to our game for that.

RPS: But it’s not even about a message. The goal is to let people have fun in an environment where they can feel awesome without being weirded out or even objectified. This is a genre about empowerment. Why shouldn’t everyone feel empowered? That’s what it’s about at the end of the day: letting everyone have a fair chance to feel awesome.

Browder: Uh-huh. Cool. Totally.

[PR says we've run over, tells me I have to leave]

RPS: Thank you for your time.

oh god :lol: :lol: :lol:

If only everyone gave those guys this sort of treatment.

And fuck you for making me want to brofist some guy from Blizzard, RPS.

Roguey

Codex Staff
Staff Member
Sawyerite
Good thing I haven't purchased a Blizzard product in over a decade nor am I likely to again. Disgusting culture of pigmen.

'gross'
'problematic'
'creepy'
'inappropriate'

It amazes me that anyone can take these sopping manginas who constantly parrot such faggoty terms seriously.

Wow, so there are literally men that cry themselves to sleep over the fact that they might want to see a women show some skin? It's actually one of the greatest fears they can imagine?

Jesus christ, get these people some help. Was he raped by his mother or something?

Machocruz

Arcane
The simple question I've been wanting someone to ask is: why should men care about any of this shit? I think I know the SJWs answer, which is "to be a decent person," which is subjective as hell. In some cultures, eating your enemies' flesh makes you a stand up dude. In others, being able to grin and bear and brush off all manner of tribulation makes you a sterling example of humanity. Because it effects female family members? That's questionable, and hey, everyone has to struggle their own struggle at some point.

Zewp

Arcane
Codex 2013
Good thing I haven't purchased a Blizzard product in over a decade nor am I likely to again. Disgusting culture of pigmen.

Of course Roguey will agree with the sad little cunts shoehorning SJW into absolutely everything they do. How's your Tumblr Feminism working out for you? You change the world yet?

Tehdagah

Arcane
I find SJW who want to take away my T&A to be creepy and oppressive. They need to be silenced so I can masturbate to my waifu's image in peace!
I find it creepy how SJW's started a rebellion because someone, somewhere, is fapping to fictional characters.

Darth Roxor

Royal Dongsmith
Staff Member
Actually, you know what? “Discuss” is too nice of a word. I want to tear this mentality limb-from-limb, leave it without even a single drop of blood to spill. I want to ruin it so thoroughly that its mere memory prompts bile to singe the back of people’s throats raw. Why? Because it’s a hurtful, sad, and above all else cynical way to view what is – more often than not – an effort to give more people a sense of belonging. Acceptance. Something everybody wants more than just about anything else.

HAHAHAHAHAHAHA :hero:

Xor

Arcane
Codex 2014 PC RPG Website of the Year, 2015 Codex 2016 - The Age of Grimoire Divinity: Original Sin Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 Divinity: Original Sin 2
It's getting so you can't enjoy a good pair of tits anymore without some asshole trying to make you feel guilty for it

Actually, you know what? “Discuss” is too nice of a word. I want to tear this mentality limb-from-limb, leave it without even a single drop of blood to spill. I want to ruin it so thoroughly that its mere memory prompts bile to singe the back of people’s throats raw. Why? Because it’s a hurtful, sad, and above all else cynical way to view what is – more often than not – an effort to give more people a sense of belonging. Acceptance. Something everybody wants more than just about anything else.

HAHAHAHAHAHAHA :hero:

That post needs a trigger warning :codexisforindividualswithgenderidentityissues:

Unwanted

bot

Unwanted
Dumbfuck Queued
How does being physically alluring not empower a character? Isn't it exactly the reason why humans pursue beauty and there are billion dollar cosmetics/plastic surgery/fashion/fitness etc. industries? What am I missing?

Faux outrage to bait clicks? Impossibru! Our journo is waaay too an ethical paragon for this.

Last edited:

felipepepe

Codex's Heretic
Patron
Besides, is not like every woman hates them, otherwise you wouldn't see so many cosplays of girls in sexy PATRIARCHAL costumes.

If Blizzard wants to make characters that appeal to a specific audience and not another, it's their choice, no bloody SJW should dictate who they should try to please

UserNamer

Cipher
RPS: I have to add, though, that comics might not be the best point of reference for this sort of thing. I mean, it’s a medium that’s notorious – often in a not-good way – for sexing up female characters and putting them in some fairly gross situations.

Browder: We’re not running for President. We’re not sending a message. No one should look to our game for that.

RPS: But it’s not even about a message. The goal is to let people have fun in an environment where they can feel awesome without being weirded out or even objectified. This is a genre about empowerment. Why shouldn’t everyone feel empowered? That’s what it’s about at the end of the day: letting everyone have a fair chance to feel awesome.

Browder: Uh-huh. Cool. Totally.

[PR says we've run over, tells me I have to leave]

RPS: Thank you for your time.

damn so now I have to buy this POS game I have no interest in? Or is it some sort of hat financed f2p game like tf2?

great answers

UserNamer

Cipher
RPS: can we, like, talk not about your game but about, like our personal, dogmatic vision of the world, and how you need to uh like make everybody feel empowered, because why not make everbody feel empowered? Video games are about empowerment, inclusiveness about feeling awesome because inclusiveness and videogames are awesome and all about the empowerment

Sane developer: (what the hell is this guy even talking about?) Uh, sure

I wonder how many Codexers:
(a) whine whenever someone mentions that the platemail bikini thing might be a tad sexist

but ALSO....

(b) are amongst the first to cry 'FAAAGGGGOOOOTTTTT-EEELLLLLLFFFFF' with their fingers oustretched like Donald Sutherland at the end of Invasion of the Body Snatchers, whenever they see a game with the manga-ish style of a pretty-boy, feminine looking, ultra-thin youthly male lead?

You do realise it's the same thing in both cases, don't you? Presenting a character that quite a few members of one sex find rather attractive, but in a way that demeans the intelligence of everyone else. You know that feeling you get when you play a game with a Cloud style feminine pretty-boy character (ala Leonardo de Caprio circa Titanic)? It isn't a 'oh my sensibility is offended'. It's a 'WHY THE FUCK WOULD I WANT TO PLAY THAT GUY?' feeling. Why would a girl in a platemail bikini be any different?

Few mainstream feminist critics argue that there shouldn't be sex appeal, or nudity for that matter, in gaming. But just like you can do a male lead that has sex appeal without going the Cloud model, do you really need to go the female equivalent of Cloud in every single game?

felipepepe

Codex's Heretic
Patron
"Ugh, I hate that weaboo animu-fag art style" =/= "Your design is sexist and harmful for women all around the world, you're a shitty patriarchal CIS white male biggot".

One is pure personal taste, the other is personal taste posing as holier-than-thou social crusade.

Infinitron

I post news
Staff Member
Codex Year of the Donut Serpent in the Staglands Dead State Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Pathfinder: Kingmaker Pathfinder: Wrath I'm very into cock and ball torture I helped put crap in Monomyth
Is everyone at RPS like that, or just a select few?

Yes, but John Walker and Nathan Grayson are the most obnoxious about it (although the former sometimes redeems himself by making sense on other topics)

UserNamer

Cipher
How does being physically alluring not empower a character? Isn't it exactly the reason why humans pursue beauty and there are billion dollar cosmetics/plastic surgery/fashion/fitness etc. industries? What am I missing?

Faux outrage to bait clicks? Impossibru! Our journo is waaay too an ethical paragon for this.

Some people are ugly and cannot stand beautiful people being recognized as beautiful. We need to totally relax our standard and find ugly, fat and ugly fat women as attractive as the oppressive hateful standards set by da patriarchy.

I understand that some characters are grotesquely over the top but their weepy reaction is disproportionate and more about their own issues than anything else. Does any male here, upon seeing rob liefeld art for example, feels bad about not feeling included for not having massive bulging ridiculous looking pectorals, instead of just laughing at how bad the art and character design is?

Do we feel objectified by the disproportionate pectomonstruoisty of liefeld's cap america, or sexualized by the roided out monster gutted standards set by schmoe financed body builders, instead of simply finding them ridiculous?

Their issues are rooted in the jealousy of ugly feminists and their overreaction to any kind of insinuation that sexy women are sexy; rps just adopted their stupid cause because I don't know, maybe extremely low T or something.

Few mainstream feminist critics argue that there shouldn't be sex appeal, or nudity for that matter, in gaming. But just like you can do a male lead that has sex appeal without going the Cloud model, do you really need to go the female equivalent of Cloud in every single game?

It's not true and we don't interview japanese developers asking them to make us feel included by designing non gay characters, telling them how their games are supposed to empower everyone not just weaabos and chinks and homosexuals

Last edited:

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom