Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

NSFW Best Thread Ever [No SJW-related posts allowed]

AlexOfSpades

Arcane

Hirato

Purse-Owner
Patron
Codex 2012 Codex USB, 2014 Shadorwun: Hong Kong

cnWsIVn.jpg

Xor

Arcane
Codex 2014 PC RPG Website of the Year, 2015 Codex 2016 - The Age of Grimoire Divinity: Original Sin Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 Divinity: Original Sin 2
It's like we don't even exist. And considering Bethesda's stance toward us, that's probably how they want it.

Shadorwun: Hong Kong
Over the next two weeks we'll be sitting within a room aired by nothing but paint fumes, randomly posting game articles inspired by the various brain aneurysms we suffer. Fallout 3 is up today, and we clumsily deepthroat Bethesda's PR team in hopes of a better paycheck come Fallout 4.

It used the past as an intelligent stepping stone towards modern mass-appeal roleplay and, arguably, eased the passage of kickstarted re-apocalypses like Wasteland 2.
This part is undoubtedly true. Daddy Fargo, pwease come and wescue us. That funny bucket head man is outside my window again.

Last edited:

Oesophagus

Arcane
Don't worry though, when F4 will be close to release, all the reviewers will at once magically wake up and realise that F3 was shit, as opposed to F4, which will fix the plethora of bad design decisions of the previous title. There was a good article about this, but I don't remember what the effect was called

FeelTheRads

Arcane
Don't worry though, when F4 will be close to release, all the reviewers will at once magically wake up and realise that F3 was shit, as opposed to F4, which will fix the plethora of bad design decisions of the previous title. There was a good article about this, but I don't remember what the effect was called

Shouldn't have that happened already with the release of Skyrim? Because suddenly Oblivion wasn't the bestest thing ever and everybody could see its flaws once the superiority of Fallout 3 was revealed.

Divinity: Original Sin 2 Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag.
Eurogamer's Games of the Generation : Fallout 3

http://www.eurogamer.net/articles/2013-10-24-games-of-the-generation-fallout-3

Oh, Todd, your cock is so so sweet please more more more

Fallout:NV, while inheriting the awful Gamebryo engine, had much better writing and more interesting plot. It was more polished, and instead of exploring copy-pasted metro sections it had interesting places to visit. Fallout 3 is like Oblivion. No matter how much make up you will put on it, it will always remain an abomination with broken elements that can't be fixed.

Next year month eurogaymer will state that GOTG is Oblivion, no doubt.

Oesophagus

Arcane
Shouldn't have that happened already with the release of Skyrim? Because suddenly Oblivion wasn't the bestest thing ever and everybody could see its flaws once the superiority of Fallout 3 was revealed.

You know, you're right, so i checked what CD Action (which I believe is the polish cock devouring association), wrote in their Skyrim review (own translation):

Two things have been improved, which were weak in Oblivion - the combat and the quests

Another thing are quests, of which there are many in Skyrim, and which are ambitious for Bethesda. It's not Witcher 2 levels, but such quality cannot be achieved in a non linear game, however, they should be consider a vast improvement over the nonsense in Oblivion and Fallout 3. Even the main storyline has character, and random NPCs aren't as bland as in previous Bethesda titles, which is pleasing. For at last you can do quests and have fun doing so, instead of desperately avoiding them and running around the map aimlessly, enjoying the open world

out of curiosity i checked the scores for Oblivion and F3 (rpgs that have shit combat and stupid quests which you try to avoid, mind you!):

Oblivion - 10/10!

Fallout 3 - 9/10

Welp...

dnf

Pedophile
Dumbfuck Shitposter

You know, you're right, so i checked what CD Action (which I believe is the polish cock devouring association), wrote in their Skyrim review (own translation):

Two things have been improved, which were weak in Oblivion - the combat and the quests

Another thing are quests, of which there are many in Skyrim, and which are ambitious for Bethesda. It's not Witcher 2 levels, but such quality cannot be achieved in a non linear game, however, they should be consider a vast improvement over the nonsense in Oblivion and Fallout 3. Even the main storyline has character, and random NPCs aren't as bland as in previous Bethesda titles, which is pleasing. For at last you can do quests and have fun doing so, instead of desperately avoiding them and running around the map aimlessly, enjoying the open world

out of curiosity i checked the scores for Oblivion and F3 (rpgs that have shit combat and stupid quests which you try to avoid, mind you!):

Oblivion - 10/10!

Fallout 3 - 9/10

Welp...
Probably, the Skyrim reviewer is another intern reviewer. You can only get some mild criticism in editorials and hype-previews sadly

Night Goat

The Immovable Autism
Patron
No Fun Allowed
Codex 2013 Codex 2014
We could place bets on what will be shit in Skyrim when tes 6 comes out
"When compared to 6 Elder 6 Scrolls, its predecessor seems laughably primitive. The game's eighteen skills were a confusing mess; Bethesda revolutionized the genre by streamlining down to one skill, Awesomeness, that makes the player character better at everything. Cluttered inventory became a thing of the past with Bethesda's bold decision to remove items entirely. Furthermore, Skyrim could cause distress to players when encountering new creatures; in their infinite wisdom, Bethesda chose to include a single enemy type in the game. To please nostalgic Morrowind veterans, Bethesda determined that this enemy should be everyone's favorite, the cliff racer."

http://steamcommunity.com/app/236970/discussions/0/846957366750062951/#p2

snuggles 28 Jun @ 8:59pm

Really, cleavage shots on BOTH girls in the title art?
Man, try selling to adults next time. I love adventures, and T&A does not bug me, but that title art shot, it just screams lame. Pathetic.

"it does not bother me, even though I just created a thread to complain about it"

but the real reason for me to quote this thread:

ThoRn 30 Jun @ 11:42am

It's just about criminal in westernized society to be a male with sexual attraction to females these days. But just read some comments from females on youtube about the movie "Magic Mike". You'll see that women are no different than men when it comes to the male body and male sexuality. They are just as perverted as men are about it. Feminists just want men to be obedient pets without an opinion, just here to serve women and obey. It's a backlash against religion and the many references through many religions that women were created by God to serve man and to submit to their husband, and that man is the head of woman as Christ is the head of the church. This is why so many feminists also claim to be atheists. They hate religion because they hate being man's sidekick. They want to turn the tables around so men serve and obey women. They also believe that women are smarter than men and know what's best for the world, but all they really care about is what they think is best for women - and that's to control men. They often say, "You don't understand what feminism is or what it's about" claiming that it's about "equality". But how is any ideology that is focused on the empowerment of one sex "equality"? That's supremacy, no different than the KKK and it's concern with empowering just white people. We don't get equality by supporting one sex over the other just like we don't get equality by supporting one race over another. Feminism may have at one time been focused on equality. I believe we reached equality in the 1970s during the civil rights movement, but ever since then feminism has most certainly been growing into a supremacy movement. In Sweden, they are now trying to control how men go the bathroom, citing it oppresses women when men stand up to urinate. So now they are trying to control men's bodies and how men act in society, trying to turn males into females. It's wrong. It's evil. Stop supporting it.

:lol:

edit: bonus

http://www.eurogamer.net/articles/2...ic-and-sexualised-because-community-wanted-it

Female soldiers in Warface are unrealistic and sexualised because community wanted it
And Crytek listened.

By Robert Purchese Published Wednesday, 9 October 2013

Male soldiers in Crytek's huge free-to-play online shooter Warface are depicted realistically but, comparatively, female soldiers are not. Their proportions are exaggerated, their clothing is revealing - they're sexualised.

They're that way because a male-dominated audience asked for them to be. And while Crytek recoiled at the "considerably more extreme" requests, applying an authenticity filter to rule out things such as high heels, impractical open-chested combat fatigues exposing plenty of cleavage were kept in.

"They were very comfortable with the fact we have these very realistic-looking men," said Joshua Howard of the massive 7.5 million Russian audience, talking to Wired, "but they wanted the women to be not what we would think of as realistic at all, up to and including running round in high heels, which is just silly, right?"

Pictured in this article are the female skins the West will get - whenever the PC game finally comes out of beta - which are "basically" the Russian skins as they are now. But there are other communities now asking for their own tailored female characters, too.

What the Western female soldiers will look like.

"We're doing another set of characters for our Chinese market," Howard said, "and those are leaning in a different direction. It's interesting to see they are also somewhat unrealistic as compared to the males but differently than the Russians.

"[...] You look at the Chinese models and they're also disproportionate but in a way that's more... Chinese? I don't even know what language to use for that but they're different."

Should Crytek allow it - shouldn't misogynistic suggestions be blocked, ignored, regardless of regional and cultural differences?

"There's a tension both ways," Howard responded, but side-stepped the issue to talk about about how Coca Cola was a global brand yet chemically it's different the world over - and about how recoil differs due to regional wants.

To not include female characters from the outset, and then to implement them in a way that's not only unrealistic but sexualised because a male-dominated audience wanted it that way, is a mistake. But it's not too late for Crytek to do something about it before Warface hits Xbox 360 in early 2014.

Last edited:

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom