Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

NSFW Best Thread Ever [No SJW-related posts allowed]

denizsi

Arcane
That is a funny thread, I'm actually laughing with them for a change. I didn't realise so many of them have become so disillusioned.

The number of the disillusioned is considerably high and many of them speak out a lot, but Beth deletes and locks posts and whole threads fast, before more people get to see them.

I've made a poll thread which asked whether Beth totally fucked up with its PR and priorities ( $$$ over quality ) or not ( in a gentler language of course ). The last time I checked, 210+ people voted "Yes, they fucked up", as opposed to 60-something voting "No, they're the embodiment of everything that is divine, I wish I could kiss their feet!!". I bumped it regularly. I believe Beth thought it gave bad publicity for them in their own forums, because the thread isn't there any more. Completely wiped.

Fresh

Erudite
denizsi said:
That is a funny thread, I'm actually laughing with them for a change. I didn't realise so many of them have become so disillusioned.

The number of the disillusioned is considerably high and many of them speak out a lot, but Beth deletes and locks posts and whole threads fast, before more people get to see them.

I've made a poll thread which asked whether Beth totally fucked up with its PR and priorities ( $$$ over quality ) or not ( in a gentler language of course ). The last time I checked, 210+ people voted "Yes, they fucked up", as opposed to 60-something voting "No, they're the embodiment of everything that is divine, I wish I could kiss their feet!!". I bumped it regularly. I believe Beth thought it gave bad publicity for them in their own forums, because the thread isn't there any more. Completely wiped.

So?

dongle

Scholar
denizsi said:
I believe Beth thought it gave bad publicity for them in their own forums, because the thread isn't there any more. Completely wiped.
You sure it just didn’t get too old? They regularly purge all posts because their server can only handle so many in the DB. Currently the oldest post in Oblivion General is from April 18 2006. Threads in the mod forums stay considerably longer.

MINIGUNWIELDER

Scholar
Nutcracker said:
Excrément said:
what would be Kennedy without Dallas?

Errr...alive?
not in ripleys believe it or not due to the lincoln had a secretary named kennedy and was shot from a theatre, assasin moved to warehouse/backwards thing

Naked_Lunch

Erudite
Well, you see it's like this: lincoln had a secretary named kennedy and was succeded by a man named Johnson after he was assainated (the assassin ran from a theater into a warehouse). Kennedy had an aide named lincoln and was also suceeded by man named Johnson after he was assassinated (the assassin ran from a warehouse to a theater) and if kennedy wasn't assassinated nobody would care and he wouldn't be in ripley's believe it or not DUH

denizsi

Arcane

So I beat you to knowing that there were quite a number of disillusioned ESF regulars. I'll let you win the next pissing contest.

Was just pointing out..

You sure it just didn’t get too old? They regularly purge all posts because their server can only handle so many in the DB. Currently the oldest post in Oblivion General is from April 18 2006. Threads in the mod forums stay considerably longer.

I still have posts and threads from 6 montsh ago intact on ESF. I also have different posts and threads intact from the same time around that thread as well. And that thread itself didn't even go past 4 pages.

dongle

Scholar
Are these threads all in Oblivion General? I don't see anything in there older than a month.

MINIGUNWIELDER

Scholar
In Teh Subtitle Thread:
"This thread has exceeded the 200 Post Limit, and has to be locked."
*twitches*

proof of Gods existance

MINIGUNWIELDER

Scholar
denizsi said:

post again and link, now

Cimmerian Nights

Liturgist
Naked_Lunch said:
Well, you see it's like this: lincoln had a secretary named kennedy and was succeded by a man named Johnson after he was assainated (the assassin ran from a theater into a warehouse). Kennedy had an aide named lincoln and was also suceeded by man named Johnson after he was assassinated (the assassin ran from a warehouse to a theater) and if kennedy wasn't assassinated nobody would care and he wouldn't be in ripley's believe it or not DUH

A month before Lincoln was assassinated he was in Monroe, Maryland. A month before Kennedy was assassinated he was in Marilyn Monroe. :shock:

Lumpy

Arcane
Threads are deleted when the last post is too old, not the original post. And the amount of time a thread survives varies from one forum to another.

Excrément

Arbiter
why are you still checking the ESF? I could understand before the game was out some people here checked the ESF in order to be up to date with all the news about Oblivion.
but now since the game is out and 95% of codexers hate it, why do you still check this forum?

your life is such boring?

Data4

Arcane
Excrément said:
why are you still checking the ESF? I could understand before the game was out some people here checked the ESF in order to be up to date with all the news about Oblivion.
but now since the game is out and 95% of codexers hate it, why do you still check this forum?

your life is such boring?

Says the guy who keeps coming to a place where virtually no one likes him...

...and who calls himself "shit".

-D4

Data4

Arcane
Twinfalls said:
oh D4, you must tire of pounding away at old excrement like that...

There are times when I give it a moment's pause. You know, wondering to myself "Is it worth it?" Sometimes it's just to easy and trivial, and yes, I have let a few things slide. I just took particular delight in this little bit of irony and had to exploit it, is all. ;)

-D4

franc kaos

Liturgist
http://www.elderscrolls.com/forums/inde ... 9612&st=46

Post 47 is from Pete Hines,
I always enjoy any "this game is dull or stupid or just plain sucks" thread that includes "I've played the game for 80 hours" in the opening paragraph.
then scroll down a couple to 52 to see why he's such a fantastic PR guy.
The actual thread is whether ADD kids would really play the game for more than an hour. Pretty funny stuff.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom