Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

NSFW Best Thread Ever [No SJW-related posts allowed]

GarfunkeL

Racism Expert
Definitely too much effort, plus it's usually completely useless since the people who populate those boards will just go: "LA-LA-LA-LA CAN'T HEAR U, LAIDLAW AND GAIDER SAID LA-LA-LA-LA"

Pelvis Knot

Cipher
It's actually not a bad screenshot. And I kind of like the brown. Origins was too green and lively (Korkari Wilds, Brecilian Forrest), too contrasted. I think those new landscapes have a darker, more realistic look.

:retarded:

I do believe, ladies and gentlemen, that we can safely declare this the Year of the RPG.

:lol:

Coyote

Arcane
Hey guys, what's going on at the Bioforums today?

After pondering it with a few of my friends, I've come to the conclusion that there's no logical reason for asari to be equipped for penetrative sex. Granted, many will say that there's no logical reason for the asari to be, period, and they wouldn't be totally wrong; personally, I believe they were artificially engineered by someone. However, even with that, considering that their reproductive processes are mostly mental and they bred with each other for thousands of years, they have absolutely no need to be receptive to penises.

Thus, I contend that the asari birth canal, though located in a similar spot to the human one, is not a pleasure zone or adapted for penetration. It's possibly comparable to the human cervix, a valve meant to enable passage only one way; even if it wasn't actually painful for anything to enter it, it'd likely be odd and uncomfortable.

Thread. It's telling about Bioware's fanbase that the first response is "You know, I actually pondered this myself." Some more highlights from before I made my will save versus :retarded: :

Argh.

>rummages around through notes<

Ah, here we go. Originally part of a different discussion, but applicable here.

Well, since asari breasts serve the same function as they do in humans, I'd imagine them to be similarly sensitive, and be at least a semi-erogenous zone.

I imagine that the folds and other structures on the backs of their heads under the fringe are pretty dang sensitive. I've assumed that there are lots of extra nerve structures in there to facilitate their melding, since they need to "become a single unified nervous system" with their partner according to the codex.

Since asari reproduction does not, evolutionarily speaking, involve any kind of sexual penetration, I'd imagine the "azure" has nothing to do with the area between their thighs, the way most people assume. I doubt that area is an erogenous zone, period, or any more sensitive than any other area (heck, if its only function is as a birth canal, then it's highly likely that it's less sensitive than other parts of the body, cause childbirth is just not very pleasant by all accounts). If the "azure" was what Shepard touched in her cabin after LOTSB, it seems to be located over the tailbone just above the gluteus muscles. Which would also make sense, with the asari having highly developed nervous systems and that being a nerve cluster even in humans.

In order to induce actual fertilization, I've imagined that there's also an erogenous zone on the front of the asari body, low on their belly just above the pubic bone (possibly extending up to the navel during arousal). This area would probably need to be stimulated at the same time as the one on the rear to induce fertilization. This could be the "azure" as well, or perhaps "azure" refers to both simultaneously.

I figured that sometime in their evolutionary past their reproductive cycle became symbiotically linked to certain kinds of bacteria, much like the Wolbachia bacteria does in certain species of wasp here on Earth. The nervous system must pass current through both the rear and front of the azure to stimulate them to induce fertilization of the asari egg cells.

My favorite part is that this poster apparently thought the prior discussion on Asari erogenous zones was important enough to save. Plus, there's the fact that they've had a prior discussion on Asari erogenous zones.

I do love how we all think about this so ... deeply ;)

The major issue of course, is that this will most likely never get a Word of God clarification to it.

Of course. That is the major issue.

2630300.png
I agree, Xilizhra. This is one of the reasons as to why I dislike the DudeShep/Liara pairing, and believe that Liara should have realistically been a FemShep-exclusive LI. I think that human sexual intercourse would be deeply uncomfortable for the asari, and possibly even quite painful.

Your opinion is noted, cross-dressing dude, but why should that preclude a male-asari relationship? After all, if asari don't have pleasure zones in the typical places, wouldn't lesbians also oh god why am I debating this.

Oddly enough, though, that's the most reasonable part of the thread. Where it really starts to go full derp is around pages 4-6+ when the political correctness/feminist male apologist brigade invades in full force. The chile avatar guy is obviously parodying the other posters, but jlb, adneate, rynluna, and the rest are clearly seriously butthurt.

This is the sort of thing that makes me remember why I like the Codex. :love:

Coyote said:

After pondering it with a few of my friends, I've come to the conclusion that there's no logical reason for asari to be equipped for penetrative sex. Granted, many will say that there's no logical reason for the asari to be, period, and they wouldn't be totally wrong; personally, I believe they were artificially engineered by someone. However, even with that, considering that their reproductive processes are mostly mental and they bred with each other for thousands of years, they have absolutely no need to be receptive to penises.

Thus, I contend that the asari birth canal, though located in a similar spot to the human one, is not a pleasure zone or adapted for penetration. It's possibly comparable to the human cervix, a valve meant to enable passage only one way; even if it wasn't actually painful for anything to enter it, it'd likely be odd and uncomfortable.

Thread. It's telling about Bioware's fanbase that the first response is "You know, I actually pondered this myself." Some more highlights from before I made my will save versus :retarded: :

Argh.

Well, since asari breasts serve the same function as they do in humans, I'd imagine them to be similarly sensitive, and be at least a semi-erogenous zone.

I imagine that the folds and other structures on the backs of their heads under the fringe are pretty dang sensitive. I've assumed that there are lots of extra nerve structures in there to facilitate their melding, since they need to "become a single unified nervous system" with their partner according to the codex.

Since asari reproduction does not, evolutionarily speaking, involve any kind of sexual penetration, I'd imagine the "azure" has nothing to do with the area between their thighs, the way most people assume. I doubt that area is an erogenous zone, period, or any more sensitive than any other area (heck, if its only function is as a birth canal, then it's highly likely that it's less sensitive than other parts of the body, cause childbirth is just not very pleasant by all accounts). If the "azure" was what Shepard touched in her cabin after LOTSB, it seems to be located over the tailbone just above the gluteus muscles. Which would also make sense, with the asari having highly developed nervous systems and that being a nerve cluster even in humans.

In order to induce actual fertilization, I've imagined that there's also an erogenous zone on the front of the asari body, low on their belly just above the pubic bone (possibly extending up to the navel during arousal). This area would probably need to be stimulated at the same time as the one on the rear to induce fertilization. This could be the "azure" as well, or perhaps "azure" refers to both simultaneously.

I figured that sometime in their evolutionary past their reproductive cycle became symbiotically linked to certain kinds of bacteria, much like the Wolbachia bacteria does in certain species of wasp here on Earth. The nervous system must pass current through both the rear and front of the azure to stimulate them to induce fertilization of the asari egg cells.

My favorite part is that this poster apparently thought the prior discussion on Asari erogenous zones was important enough to save. Plus, there's the fact that they've had a prior discussion on Asari erogenous zones.

I do love how we all think about this so ... deeply ;)

The major issue of course, is that this will most likely never get a Word of God clarification to it.

Of course. That is the major issue.

2630300.png
I agree, Xilizhra. This is one of the reasons as to why I dislike the DudeShep/Liara pairing, and believe that Liara should have realistically been a FemShep-exclusive LI. I think that human sexual intercourse would be deeply uncomfortable for the asari, and possibly even quite painful.

Your opinion is noted, cross-dressing dude, but why should that preclude a male-asari relationship? After all, if asari don't have pleasure zones in the typical places, wouldn't lesbians also oh god why am I debating this.

Oddly enough, though, that's the most reasonable part of the thread. Where it really starts to go full derp is around pages 4-6+ when the political correctness/feminist male apologist brigade invades in full force. The chile avatar guy is obviously parodying the other posters, but jlb, adneate, rynluna, and the rest are clearly seriously butthurt.

This is the sort of thing that makes me remember why I like the Codex. :love:
h7Iqd.gif

DraQ

Arcane
Angthoron said:
Bah, shield. :roll:
Zandalor gets to become an AEGIS in FoV. :salute:

Angthoron said:
Guys, maybe we should start posting reasonable criticism into retarded threads so they can be locked down? How about that.
That... actually... beats trolling. In the end the effect will be the same, but at least we'd end up as the better looking side which may sway some lone misguided individuals with their brains still intact, and effect being the same means we'll still get lulz and butthurtz aplenty.

Do proceed. :obviously:

http://forums.bethsoft.com/index.php?/t ... ambiguity/

"Oblivion vastly improved over TES 3 in many fields. But when it came to plot and story-telling, it seemed like TES3 was analagous to a Christopher Nolan or Coen Brother's film, and 4 seemed to be like a Van Damme or Chuck Norris movie."

I think picking one director and different works of that director would be a better analogy as the games were made by the same people too.

Memento, Prestige ~Morrowind.
Dark Knight, Inception ~Oblivion.
They are still tugging in extremely right way in this thread and they do mention PS:T. What's not to love?

http://forums.bethsoft.com/index.php?/t ... immersion/
Oblivion's quests were better presented, and NPCs actually felt (somewhat) like they had wants and needs, due to voice acting. Even if they may have had fewer unique lines, the voice acting gave them more life than simple topics you click to read about.
The rest of this thread is still about Morrowind being the more immersive game, attempts at analysing why and wanting the immersiveness back.

Coyote said:

Argh.

That's actually the kind of 'sperging that can give a fictional universe a life on its own. It's a good thing even if it's based on biowarian... umm... wank-fuel which isn't exactly the most fertile soil for this form of fanwank (unlike other forms of wankery). It's actually encouraging to see some sort of loremaster-wannabes seeking intellectual rather than just fetish fuel thrive even in such unfavourable conditions.

The topic of this sperging is :what: but it's not infrequent for 'spergs to not get caught up on such trivial details as the fact that they are discussing species created explicitly to "fill the "green alien girls" motif" and to provide gender-indifferent love interest for creepier part (majority) of the playerbase, and were never supposed to actually make sense.

sgc_meltdown

Arcane
DraQ said:
The rest of this thread is still about Morrowind being the more immersive game, attempts at analysing why and wanting the immersiveness back.

Fella if you feel entitled to a self-set amount of retardation for every link posted then I suggest you find them yourself. Or look at the one about DA2 graphics I posted later. Or go look at pictures of lizards.
:rpgcodex:

Coyote

Arcane
DraQ said:
That's actually the kind of 'sperging that can give a fictional universe a life on its own. It's a good thing even if it's based on biowarian... umm... wank-fuel which isn't exactly the most fertile soil for this form of fanwank (unlike other forms of wankery). It's actually encouraging to see some sort of loremaster-wannabes seeking intellectual rather than just fetish fuel thrive even in such unfavourable conditions.

The topic of this sperging is :what: but it's not infrequent for 'spergs to not get caught up on such trivial details as the fact that they are discussing species created explicitly to "fill the "green alien girls" motif" and to provide gender-indifferent love interest for creepier part (majority) of the playerbase, and were never supposed to actually make sense.

"...it's not infrequent for 'spergs to not get caught up"... :?

...carry the 2...

TBH, as I said the most retarded part of that thread wasn't the Asari anatomy lesson, but the excessive PC wankery that follows. I couldn't care less if people feel the need to figure out hanar mating habits or whatever, but I thought the followers of this thread might get some lulz out of it.

I know what you're saying about the 'sperging, too; there's one webcomic I follow where an archaeologist/biologist posts paragraphs-long musings for many strips going into real-world analogues and explanations that enrich the overall experience of reading the comic itself, and the TES lore community used to be a pretty interesting place to drop by on occasion for similar reasons (might still be; I haven't been by in a while).

catfood

AGAIN
Wow someone makes a really lame raep joke and suddenly every faggot starts BAAAAAWING about how they are offended by it. What the hell is wrong with them? Also, is it true that most members there are women? That would explain some things....

DraQ

Arcane
Coyote said:
?

TBH, as I said the most retarded part of that thread wasn't the Asari anatomy lesson, but the excessive PC wankery that follows.
Couldn't you just have quoted the derp parts then? You know, The Best Thread Ever material.

I know what you're saying about the 'sperging, too; there's one webcomic I follow where an archaeologist/biologist posts paragraphs-long musings for many strips going into real-world analogues and explanations that enrich the overall experience of reading the comic itself
Which one would that be? Sounds like it's just the kind of webcomic I like.

and the TES lore community used to be a pretty interesting place to drop by on occasion for similar reasons (might still be; I haven't been by in a while).
I was somewhat active on TESF in lore topics and even took part in some rather elaborate discussions regarding mineralogy of Vvardenfell and some of the more exotic materials available in universe with one intelligent and knowledgable dude. It was fun. Then I got banned for inane reasons.

DraQ

Arcane
sgc_meltdown said:
DraQ said:
Then I got banned for inane reasons.

Was it for criticising TES lore inconsistency or correcting someone?
TES lore (pre oblivious) handles all consistency problems very nicely as it is composed entirely of fallible sources. They create visible consistent outline of bigger picture without requirement of strict consistency between each of them. This also has the advantage of player not having out of character 'world of god' knowledge and of lore being easily expandable and flexible, at least until you go full derp like bethesda did from oblivious onwards and manage to break even something this sturdy.

No, some cretinist in TESF /gd/ used "U WERENT THAR!!!!111 (lololoimsosmrat)" 'argument' and I responded by pointing out that it was neither exactly smart nor an actual argument. Apparently the 'tard got butthurt and cast Summon Bethstapo.

sgc_meltdown

Arcane
DraQ said:
This also has the advantage of player not having out of character 'world of god' knowledge and of lore being easily expandable and flexible

Hmmm, like the vampire background fluff in the World of Darkness setting where Bloodlines is set in.

To learn more about the clans you look at their clanbooks, where what backstory lore you get is written from the point of who else, someone in that clan and very much eager to provide incontrovertible logic on why their clan is the best there is and the rest of their allies are untrustworthy stupid bastards and their enemies helpless before their might.

All this reminds me of ancient military warfare accounts in real life really, where you get several different people from several sides saying what really happened, which is fun.

DraQ

Arcane
sgc_meltdown said:
DraQ said:
This also has the advantage of player not having out of character 'world of god' knowledge and of lore being easily expandable and flexible

Hmmm, like the vampire background fluff in the World of Darkness setting where Bloodlines is set in.

To learn more about the clans you look at their clanbooks, where what backstory lore you get is written from the point of who else, someone in that clan and very much eager to provide incontrovertible logic on why their clan is the best there is and the rest of their allies are untrustworthy stupid bastards and their enemies helpless before their might.

All this reminds me of ancient military warfare accounts in real life really, where you get several different people from several sides saying what really happened, which is fun.
This. TES lore, up to and including Morrowind generally consists entirely of various fragmentary, biased, often conflicting accounts.
It's augmented by the fact that the universe started as background fluff for a gladiator fighting game set in a bad D&D rip-off, then got fleshed out and retconned into something interesting, consistent and non-generic while retaining certain patchwork pattern that also happens to be a feature of RL history and myths. There are many derp and inconsistent things in TES lore that got worked around as mistranslation, errors and other miscelaneous stupidities, which happens to mirror things like derp place names, ill-researched facts and other such errors plaguing humankind since its very dawn.
You can't push big or particularly dramatic alterations into the tangled fabric of strands that is TES lore, some facts are just too well established, but small alteration will heal themselves almost on their own even if you break a strand or two.
Unfortunately beth proceeded to shit on their universe and rip it apart when making oblivious, drastiacally altering political, cultural, religious as well as, well, natural climate of the very heart of the empire, trying to retcon it via word of god, and clumsily tripping over previously established lore (like when basing the plot on the genealogy that happens to be pretty much objectively wrong due to being very well supported by number of very reliable sources, or including a lot of similarly well supported material directly contradicting the game itself).
Long-time fans of the series doubtlessly felt disgusted and enraged in the same way they would be if some drunken bum suddenly stumbled into their houses, tripped over stuff several times, breaking everything and throwing up, then proceeded to take a dump on the carpet in the middle of the living room.

DraQ

Arcane
Mangoose said:
What do you do IRL, Draq? Historian? Just curious.
Biotech double classing as CompSci.

With severe 'sperg for making the sense out of things which includes natural sciences and unnatural attention to background lore in games.

I'm not terribly interested in RL history, actually, but not completely oblivious either - I will pay attention to bits that are relevant to my other interests and to bits that will help me understand the world. I never cared for factography if it wasn't tied to understanding.

Coyote

Arcane
DraQ said:

Just having fun with the triple-negative.

TBH, as I said the most retarded part of that thread wasn't the Asari anatomy lesson, but the excessive PC wankery that follows.
Couldn't you just have quoted the derp parts then? You know, The Best Thread Ever material.

As I said in the first post (edit: crap, never mind, must have deleted that part), it's too diffuse to post here. I'd have to quote 3-4 pages of posts. And I figured people here would probably get more lulz out of the asari stuff than your everyday oversensitive feminists and persecution complex lesbians, anyway.

(The latter, in case you're wondering, think that Bioware's writers were trying to impart the lesson that every woman needs a man by having asari be attracted to men because they spent thousands of years mating only with other asari, who look like women. Never mind that they're also attracted to, say, krogans.)

Which one would that be? Sounds like it's just the kind of webcomic I like.

Digger. Don't let the wombat protagonist put you off - not that it would in your case, this is more for the benefit of anyone else reading who clicks this and thinks "yet another furry webcomic", which it's not. It's a great comic, easily within my top five webcomics. I would liken it to Planescape: Torment within the RPG world: it has an original and intriguing plot, an interesting, exotic setting (it draws from a few eastern religions, most prominently Hinduism, but also develops a mythos of its own over time), and compelling characters (Ed and Digger in particular, but also Shadowchild, Blood-Eyes, Boneclaw Mother... hell, everyone's good, really) who are fleshed out slowly over time and given nuance rather than wearing their entire personalities on their sleeves. (Bioware writers, take note. And no, having Ashley mention that she's religious at one point or giving Miranda and Jacob daddy issues doesn't make them nuanced.) The interactions between characters, in particular, are very well-done. Also, even though it's centered on plot and not comedy, the artist does a great job of injecting humor into the story without it feeling forced. And last but not least, she also does some amazing stuff with black and white art. Here are three random examples from under a minute of searching.

The commenter I spoke of goes by the name of BunnyRock and is full of interesting facts about geology, archaeology, and zoology. Be careful if you read the comments on your first run through the archive, though; there are very few actual spoilers, but people make a lot of foreboding comments on the earlier comics (drinking game: take a shot every time someone says "Poor Ed..."), which gets kind of grating after a while, as does their overuse of certain memes - mostly either Pratchett quotes or "Dammit Jim, I'm an x not a y".

I was somewhat active on TESF in lore topics and even took part in some rather elaborate discussions regarding mineralogy of Vvardenfell and some of the more exotic materials available in universe with one intelligent and knowledgable dude. It was fun. Then I got banned for inane reasons.

Mineralogy is actually one of the topics that occasionally comes up in the Digger comments, oddly enough (the titular character often makes comments that reflect the fact that she's spent most of her life underground).

Not sure if I'd remember any names, but who were you over there? And who's the guy you're talking about? I remember there was one guy who did some insanely in-depth analyses of the belief systems throughout Tamriel, trying to weave a coherent cultural narrative out of Vivec's sermons and such and place it within the context of the environment in which the Dunmer existed.

sgc_meltdown

Arcane
DraQ said:
Long-time fans of the series doubtlessly felt disgusted and enrage

I've seen people have long discussion threads regarding Oblivion lore and what it all means when integrated with what we know from Morrowind and Daggerfall.

I kept thinking of beaten wife syndrome.

DraQ

Arcane
Coyote said:
DraQ said:

Just having fun with the triple-negative.
I believe you wouldn't like me phrasing my posts so as to use NAND logic exclusively.
:smug:

As I said in the first post (edit: crap, never mind, must have deleted that part), it's too diffuse to post here. I'd have to quote 3-4 pages of posts. And I figured people here would probably get more lulz out of the asari stuff than your everyday oversensitive feminists and persecution complex lesbians, anyway.
Bah. Contrary to the first impression we may create, not every single person on these boards is an easily amused moron.
:rpgcodex:

Never mind that they're also attracted to, say, krogans.
Maybe they consider Krogans quite manly.

Digger. Don't let the wombat protagonist put you off - not that it would in your case, this is more for the benefit of anyone else reading who clicks this and thinks "yet another furry webcomic", which it's not.
Well, personally, I've spent several years on a (now defunct) furry forum.
While there are things (both commonplace and infrequent but glaring) that are very offputting in furry fandom and people it attracts, they are not universal. Not every furry is a scary degenerate fetishist and not every scary degenerate fetishist can be defined by their fetish alone. All in all, the people on that forum were generally quite a cool bunch and far less freaky than few glimpses of the biowhore forums I've caught or even quite a few *notable* users here.

So yeah, the things that make furries such an attractive hate target is mostly that they are quite high profile and 'tangible', easy to label group.

While some preconceptions about 'typical furry' and resulting prejudices are well earned, 'typical furry' is but a statistical construct and being a furry is a lousy measure of suck.

Also, I do have the comic bookmarked somewhere, I just never got into it.

Not sure if I'd remember any names, but who were you over there? And who's the guy you're talking about?
Bluescale (or Blue-Scale) and Wierd respectively.

I remember there was one guy who did some insanely in-depth analyses of the belief systems throughout Tamriel, trying to weave a coherent cultural narrative out of Vivec's sermons and such and place it within the context of the environment in which the Dunmer existed.
Extremely cool thing about the 36 Lessons of Vivec is that they are a palimpset of meanings - a single fragment of text has several different meanings depending on which layer you focus on, it's a distorted historical account, metaphysics, instruction manual of sorts addressed to future Nerevarine and even, at times, a collection of easter eggs poking fun at engine deficiencies of previous games in the series.

sgc_meltdown said:
DraQ said:
Long-time fans of the series doubtlessly felt disgusted and enrage

I've seen people have long discussion threads regarding Oblivion lore and what it all means when integrated with what we know from Morrowind and Daggerfall.

I kept thinking of beaten wife syndrome.
Coping mechanism, cut those guys some slack. Imagine what codex would do if MCA came and made a PST2, retconing TNO to be an attractive lesbian female elf pursuing immortality and made the gameplay focus on killing hordes of demons in the popamoliest style imaginable, with entire game featuring maybe a page or two of dialogue text (no descriptions at all).

Do take into account that we are already cynical and bitter individuals, who have witnessed many acts of rape of our favourite genre. Even the long time TES fans and veteran loremasters don't have the luxury of our trauma resistance.

Admiral jimbob

gay as all hell
Wasteland 2
I remember Wierd, he spent about a year dedicated entirely to screaming about peak oil in Community Discussion before politics discussion was banned (fossil fuels are known for their political beliefs or something). Think we might have an Assburger detected...

DraQ

Arcane
Admiral jimbob said:
I remember Wierd, he spent about a year dedicated entirely to screaming about peak oil in Community Discussion before politics discussion was banned (fossil fuels are known for their political beliefs or something). Think we might have an Assburger detected...
Well, the assburger was strong in this one, that's probably part of the reason why our conversations and discussions were so interesting, normal people often get all butthurt over the zaniest things, misinterpret what you're saying and can't really keep their attention on the interesting stuff.

How does the guy fare, BTW? Still posting, banned, left in disgust or did something happen to him? (Hopefuly not the last one, I liked the guy).

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom