Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

NSFW Best Thread Ever [No SJW-related posts allowed]

Sceptic

Arcane
Patron
Divinity: Original Sin
commie said:
Is that her hair growing through her ears?
Very observant :lol:

Nael said:
Honestly I didn't mean any offense to anyone with Asperger's.
Worry not, I doubt anyone here was offended (and I didn't tell my RL friend about it, so you're safe there too). I have noticed that Asperger's is an extremely convenient excuse on the net - I've lost count of the number of times I've seen a poster (not here) justify some really idiotic comment by then claiming to be an aspie. Thing is, with all the aspies I know it's not something you'd notice just by looking at them, as most (once they reach adulthood anyway) have developed mechanisms to deal with it and with people, so at best they come out completely normal and at worst they just come across as a little eccentric or moody (OK, very eccentric and moody), neither of which is a good enough indication.

One thing that gives me some hope for the industry and hope that it resists the BIOWARE influence was when they unveiled the "sex scene" at E3 (I think) most of the press in attendance burst into laughter. Not nervous giggling, but adults laughing hysterically at such a preposterous and juvenile depiction of romance. I am trying to find a link to the article I read this in, but no luck so far.
I remember this too, though I don't have a link. That article even made fun of the jealousy crises that the women pull off as being plain ridiculous and cringe-inducing. Unfortunately when it came time to actually review the game and give it Game of the Decade awards all this was blissfully forgotten, which reset my hope for the industry back at zero.

Ha, Merril's "armor" isn't even close to being the most ridiculous in the game.
I mean, just look at Isabella:
21B9EF2E1213E6849F912766CE30176B_x600.jpg

Who needs pants anyway? Arteria femoralis, here I come!

Well, Isabella is a rogue, Merril is a mage, so what about warriors? As for warriors, DA2 has Fenris (aka Dante wannabe):
screenshot-09-fenris-p.jpg

2eeluvp.jpg

Note the exposed armpits (and feathers), and bare feet. I don't know about you, but I think exposed feet in quasy-medieval setting are just begging to be stomped on, chopped off, etc.

Angthoron

Arcane
Stainless Veteran said:
Note the exposed armpits (and feathers), and bare feet. I don't know about you, but I think exposed feet in quasy-medieval setting are just begging to be stomped on, chopped off, etc.

This is pretty amusing. Even WoW has since moved away from "females are protected by the magic thong" mentality when designing armor, and BioWare seems to have ditched all the logic and started catering to sexual deviants. Seriously, I'd prefer the chain bikini in my game, it's stupid, but at least it's standard stupid. This sort of stuff is stupid in its own unique way though, and is so special that even the short bus wouldn't dare house these creations.

Also, caltrops, crushed glass and halberds. If this was a good game, the designers would've killed off these morons on the first encounter in brutal and painful ways, illustrating just how dumb their armour was.

Ah well.

JarlFrank

I like Thief THIS much
Patron
Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag.
Stainless Veteran said:
Ha, Merril's "armor" isn't even close to being the most ridiculous in the game.
I mean, just look at Isabella:
21B9EF2E1213E6849F912766CE30176B_x600.jpg

Who needs pants anyway? Arteria femoralis, here I come!
WHAT IS WITH THESE RIDICULOUS BLOOD EFFECTS
Damn, I do love blood and gore in my games, but... but... blood doesn't squirt out that far, and that much, by a simple slash across the belly. Does everyone in DA2 have 500 litres of blood in their body?

Eh, Romans only wore sandals and ancient Greeks in the Archaic era even fought barefoot as far as I know (but with shinguards, of course). It's more impractical for an adventurer that explores trap-riddled dungeons, though.

But in any case, wearing... what is this, skin-tight footless leather leggings? :?
... is incredibly fucking retarded for a warrior, and it's horribly fucking gay, too. I haven't read anything about the DA2 characters yet but I bet 1000 bucks that this guy will be the bisexual romance option.

IronicNeurotic

Arbiter
JarlFrank said:
WHAT IS WITH THESE RIDICULOUS BLOOD EFFECTS
Damn, I do love blood and gore in my games, but... but... blood doesn't squirt out that far, and that much, by a simple slash across the belly. Does everyone in DA2 have 500 litres of blood in their body?

It's dark fantasy, dude. Don't you know that means that there has to be overdriven Blood and Gore?

Thats Dark Fantasy 101.

Just ask Laidlaw

:salute:

JarlFrank

I like Thief THIS much
Patron
Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag.
Also that enemy Qunari or ogre or whatever doesn't look like he's being hit.

It looks more like he's having an orgasm.

JarlFrank said:
Stainless Veteran said:

Eh, Romans only wore sandals and ancient Greeks in the Archaic era even fought barefoot as far as I know (but with shinguards, of course). It's more impractical for an adventurer that explores trap-riddled dungeons, though.

But in any case, wearing... what is this, skin-tight footless leather leggings? :?
... is incredibly fucking retarded for a warrior, and it's horribly fucking gay, too. I haven't read anything about the DA2 characters yet but I bet 1000 bucks that this guy will be the bisexual romance option.
Well, you're not taking a few things into an account. Roman armor in general, and sandals in particular were reasonable because: a) they fought in battle formations, where legionaries could cover each other; b) roman legionary armor was optimized for mass-producing, and all details that legionaries could function without weren't included; c) roman amour originated in place with warm climate.

In DA2 we don't have battle formations, there is already quasi late-medieval heavy plate present, PC's party are "heroes", so there's no need for using cheap armour, and Free Marches doesn't strike me as having mediterranean climate.

On somewhat related note - usage of heavy plate in DA was equally idiotic, just for different reasons.

Sceptic

Arcane
Patron
:what:

It's official, ESF is the new Codex and Bioware Social Club is the new ESF.

Fens

Ford of the Llies
don't worry... there's still 6 people who clicked the "make it simpler" option... they will be made moderators soon enough and end this revolt

Sceptic

Arcane
Patron
DraQ said:
The new 4chan?
I just contributed to this with the what image didn't I :(

Anyway raged a bit at the "6 factions in Daggerfall" bit (IT HAD DOZENS YOU FAGGOT... also, how did he get 14 for Oblivion?). Comments range from absolutely idiotic to some true gems of wisdom. I am... shocked.

DraQ

Arcane
Sceptic said:
DraQ said:
The new 4chan?
I just contributed to this with the what image didn't I :(
Actually, you're fighting for the forces of :incline: most of the time.

Anyway raged a bit at the "6 factions in Daggerfall" bit (IT HAD DOZENS YOU FAGGOT... also, how did he get 14 for Oblivion?). Comments range from absolutely idiotic to some true gems of wisdom. I am... shocked.
Do we have some skilled operatives we could drop in this thread who would be able to facilitate some incline rather than trolling the shit out of it and getting banned while making the mods gleefully lock the thread?

I know that with consoletards like the two I mentioned around it's physically hard to not go all :rage: and try to strangle someone through the cables, but we should still try.

DraQ

Arcane
Clockwork Knight said:
Sceptic said:
Anyway raged a bit at the "6 factions in Daggerfall" bit (IT HAD DOZENS YOU FAGGOT...

Probably talking about this

http://www.uesp.net/wiki/Daggerfall:Factions

also, how did he get 14 for Oblivion?)

ditto

http://www.uesp.net/wiki/Oblivion:Factions
:what:

Daggerfall's vampiric clans alone can match the number of minor factions in oblivious (most of which shouldn't even count as joinable if they are merely "joined" as part of another questline). And then the temples and knightly orders are fucking LEGION.
:x

Xor

Arcane
Codex 2014 PC RPG Website of the Year, 2015 Codex 2016 - The Age of Grimoire Divinity: Original Sin Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 Divinity: Original Sin 2
What's the point of factions anyway when you can be in charge of all of them at the same time? You might as well just kill the king and take over the empire in Oblivion, because you can run just about everything else.

Lord Haw Haw

Educated
Radisshu said:
"Nom her head?"

Sometimes I just really really hate certain types of internet culture. What the fuck, nom her head? are you an adult? Go fuck yourself, you shouldn't be allowed to vote.

"game crush" is another one the future sex offenders at the BioForums (oops I mean BioSocial) love to throw around.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom