Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

NSFW Best Thread Ever [No SJW-related posts allowed]

Azalin

Arcane
Patron
From the watch:

I withdrew my funding for Wasteland 2 because of the codex. I don't want to play any game with anything that commemorates that cesspit of white supremacy and homophobia.

Fuckers.

And nothing of value was lost

DwarvenFood

Arcane
Patron
Strap Yourselves In Serpent in the Staglands Dead State Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Wasteland 2 Codex USB, 2014 Divinity: Original Sin 2 BattleTech Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire
Sorry had to post this one here, almost LOL'd:
wsme6.png

Also, he didn't mention having Tourette's syndrome so he might also be a compulsive liar.

In My Safe Space
Codex 2012
Deleted post in the refugee thread, saw it via Google cache.
why were you using google cache

wait why is the refugee thread still being used

anyway, do we have a black moderator? I can't think of any defense for "white supremacy", but at least we got the faggots and ze juden covered
We also have some rabid liberals imported from IE modding community and a Trockyist.

anus_pounder

Arcane
http://store.steampowered.com/app/203750/

Check out the screenshots. :lol:

Its like they took a bunch of random pictures and photoshop'd the guy with gun onto it.

EDIT : -

RK47: THE CONSEQUENCE SYSTEM - Under the pressures of battle every action, every choice and every word affects everything.
RK47: HAHAHAHAHAHAHA
RK47: oh man
RK47: fuck me
RK47: I'm sold.
RK47: After ME3
RK47: this is my LP
Princess Pounder: best game ever
RK47: For Real Bro
RK47: lol

Prestigious LP incoming. :yeah:

GarfunkeL

Racism Expert
Faith in humanity lost again, as consumer sheeple show their true colours:
http://imgur.com/gallery/PArL9

Title: "This almost made me cry."
Top comments:
Exactly how many free things does Steam offer these days ? It's like we don't have to buy games any more.
It's not STEAM giving it away for free, it's BETHESDA (creators of Skyrim). Give credit where due!
I don't have a clever comment. I just love the tits out of Steam.
give away ALL the betas

Idiots praising Bethesda for patching Skyrim FOR FREE. CAN YOU BELIEVE THAT? 1.5 PATCH, FOR FREE!!! LIKE, HOW AWESOME IS THAT! PRAISE VALVE, I MEAN BETHESDA, I MEAN, TAKE MY MONEY!

At least there's someone with some knowledge, lower in the comments:
The Witcher 2 offers all DLC for free

LundB

Mistakes were made.
RK47: THE CONSEQUENCE SYSTEM - Under the pressures of battle every action, every choice and every word affects everything.
RK47: HAHAHAHAHAHAHA
RK47: oh man
RK47: fuck me
RK47: I'm sold.
RK47: After ME3
RK47: this is my LP
Princess Pounder: best game ever
RK47: For Real Bro
RK47: lol

Excellent. I saw the trailer when it was Xbox-only, and was curious about how derp the consequence system would be. Now I will find out.

If it hasn't changed since the trailer, you're in for some lulzy voice acting. If that's the case, RK better have a few video segments, like in the ME3 LP.

anus_pounder

Arcane
Faith in humanity lost again, as consumer sheeple show their true colours:
http://imgur.com/gallery/PArL9

Title: "This almost made me cry."
Top comments:
Exactly how many free things does Steam offer these days ? It's like we don't have to buy games any more.
It's not STEAM giving it away for free, it's BETHESDA (creators of Skyrim). Give credit where due!
I don't have a clever comment. I just love the tits out of Steam.
give away ALL the betas

Idiots praising Bethesda for patching Skyrim FOR FREE. CAN YOU BELIEVE THAT? 1.5 PATCH, FOR FREE!!! LIKE, HOW AWESOME IS THAT! PRAISE VALVE, I MEAN BETHESDA, I MEAN, TAKE MY MONEY!

At least there's someone with some knowledge, lower in the comments:
The Witcher 2 offers all DLC for free

IBpqp.png

Roguey

Codex Staff
Staff Member
Sawyerite
I knew it'd be worthwhile to keep monitoring that thread:

http://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3471856&userid=0&perpage=40&pagenumber=32
Yeah the Wasteland 2 forums are just awful, I sometimes post at NMA and nobody really comments on it, but I don't know if I even want to bother with Wasteland 2 forums (even though I kickstarted for it). Their hate over Bethesda just gets old after.... 8 years? I bought and loved Fallout 1 and 2 when they came out, the same way I bought and loved Fallout 3 and New Vegas when they came out (I didn't really keep up on the drama that happened between them, so maybe that's why I don't feel as "betrayed" as some of them do), but my god get over it people.
Seriously. Fallout 3 wasn't what we were expecting or waiting for, but it was a solid game and it paved the way to allow the franchise to survive and produce New Vegas, which is sosmething I definately wouldn't want to be without.

I thought most of NMA was pretty much over FO3, but I guess the Wasteland 2 forum just goes to show they just went into hiding elsewhere.
I was under the impression that all the toxic bullshit from NMA went to RPGCodex. Which is the main reason why it's the Grog Stormfront.
I joined up early on (back in the days when you had to crop your imported Wasteland avatar to fit within the forum's 90*90px size restrictions ) and although there were some idiotic ideas thrown around (like proposing inXile use the old unfinished Trokia 3D engine), and altercations over the smallest things (some people were at each others throats over whether an over the top or isometric view would be superior and which of the two detested Bethesda more) there were enough reasonable people to ostracize the morons. After the Kickstarter went live, though, it's become cRPG grognard hell incarnate. With all the creepy collateral that entails.
http://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3471856&userid=0&perpage=40&pagenumber=33
I don't want to get involved in an NMA debate but it baffles me that anyone would say that Fallout 3 literally had no redeeming qualities.

It's like some people want games to either be perfect or not exist.
Rinkles posted:

Ahhhhhh!!! Where do these things come from!?

RPG Codex!
Is that the site where the forums are just endless racism? I saw some RPG based forums a year or so back and was astounded how much racism there was there. Seriously, just wall to wall.

They didn't even own up to it all, too. They all couched it in "It's cool, were enlightened so we can make jokes about niggers."
The proper term is 'Grognard Stormfront'. But yes.

Infinitron

I post news
Staff Member
Codex Year of the Donut Serpent in the Staglands Dead State Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Pathfinder: Kingmaker Pathfinder: Wrath I'm very into cock and ball torture I helped put crap in Monomyth
Yes, the waifu romancefags on the Wasteland 2 forums are from the RPGCodex. :roll:

Maybe if the goons spent less time castigating people for thoughtcrime, they could get their stories straight.

sgc_meltdown

Arcane
Everyone that pays for ability to post on a motherfucking internet forum is a moron by definition.

when I was still posting more than half a decade or so ago(I had one of the earliest regdates, pretty much after a forum wipe in the past, and back then of course you didn't need to pay to register) people who got banned happily paid to get back, over, and over, and over again.

And then more money for custom avatars and forum ranks for people they hated. Yes you could do that on top of paying to be able to search, and then you need money to access the archives, because otherwise it be costing bandwidth son!
And then when it still had a filesharing forum word got around and people paid to get into that shit long after Lowtax shut it down and they went into private forum offshoots.
"where the filez at yo" -ban-
which is hilarious and all but it still means more money for them

Oh, and SA bans people for mod sass like Bioware closes threads.

And once in a while their /b/ forum held competitions where one guy would be mod for a week or something and another would get banned.

then everytime lowtax unveils new SA products like buttons or whatever people throw their money at him and praise him with thanks and place preorders for his glorious new tshirt and cap and blanket line

all of it is explained as being funds for the heavily loaded server of course

Angthoron

Arcane
Everyone that pays for ability to post on a motherfucking internet forum is a moron by definition.

when I was still posting more than half a decade or so ago(I had one of the earliest regdates, pretty much after a forum wipe in the past, and back then of course you didn't need to pay to register) people who got banned happily paid to get back, over, and over, and over again.

And then more money for custom avatars and forum ranks for people they hated. Yes you could do that on top of paying to be able to search, and then you need money to access the archives, because otherwise it be costing bandwidth son!
And then when it still had a filesharing forum word got around and people paid to get into that shit long after Lowtax shut it down and they went into private forum offshoots.

And once in a while their /b/ forum held competitions where one guy would be mod for a week or something and another would get banned.

then everytime lowtax unveils new SA products like buttons or whatever people throw their money at him and praise him with thanks and place preorders for his glorious new tshirt and cap and blanket line

Well now you're just giving DU and Taluntain ideas.

Cowboy Moment

Arcane
I just don't get this "stormfront" accusation. Do these people really think putting the word "nigger" in a forum post makes one racist? And even if it did, you see "potato" at least as often on the Codex, so are we also summarily commiting hatecrime against the polish people? What about :patriot:?

Truly, it boggles the mind. It's like those people on the Escapist forums thinking 4channers describing themselves as *fags made them homophobes.

Vaarna_Aarne

Notorious Internet Vandal
MCA Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2
I just don't get this "stormfront" accusation. Do these people really think putting the word "nigger" in a forum post makes one racist? And even if it did, you see "potato" at least as often on the Codex, so are we also summarily commiting hatecrime against the polish people? What about :patriot:?

Truly, it boggles the mind. It's like those people on the Escapist forums thinking 4channers describing themselves as *fags made them homophobes.
Not only that, you also gotta remember that most of the time the genuine racists and nazis are treated as laughingstock. But the fact we don't ban them for being stupid suddenly makes us partners-in-crime. Particularly bizarre when you note that said individuals are often called out on their bullshit and argued with (which I personally consider a much, much firmer stance against said types than just banning them and pretending "we got em" afterwards).

Besides, if you take notes from Jewish comedy you'll understand that lolracism makes for good humour. Especially ones involving THE JEWS (seriously, Jews make fun of Jews all the time).

EDIT: And before anyone points out slight hypocrisy here, I fully admit I am very easily riled up about Russia (though I would say I have valid reasons to), and I do admit it's a problem I should work on. Though I do think it's also something of an obligation at this point for me to act like it in the future for the sake of my e-persona continuity.

thesoup

Arcane

Jesus fucking Christ. I would SOMEWHAT understand that if SA had good content, but it's more unfunny than cracked.
And I thought icycalm was insane for charging 25€ subscriptions to his site.

Xor

Arcane
Codex 2014 PC RPG Website of the Year, 2015 Codex 2016 - The Age of Grimoire Divinity: Original Sin Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 Divinity: Original Sin 2
I'm having difficulty wrapping my head around that...what kind of person would pay money for the privilege of posting on an internet forum? Donations I can understand, but paying just so you can post? And then paying again if you get banned? What the fuck.

Whisky

The Solution
Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera
I'm having difficulty wrapping my head around that...what kind of person would pay money for the privilege of posting on an internet forum? Donations I can understand, but paying just so you can post? And then paying again if you get banned? What the fuck.

Silly plebs! You pay for the majestic community, just like X-Box Live!

Always seemed like a scam to me. I'd bet money that the mods have a ban quota that they have to meet.

corvus

Arcane
Do you think they would ban specific users over and over that they know have paid numerous times to be unbanned , or spread the bans out more? Combination of both maybe?

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom