Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

NSFW Best Thread Ever [No SJW-related posts allowed]

Suchy

Arcane
Volourn said:
And, he's not. Period.
peter_griffin.jpg

DraQ

Arcane
Black said:
http://ca.kotaku.com/5776688/a-role+playing-game-that-makes-you-pay-for-your-party-members

Seems like bioware is expanding to the east, where they might find more fans for their visual novels.
Weak, player should have to pay for each level up too - it would work quite well in a JPG, where HP/damage output often increases by 3 or more orders of magnitude as game progresses.

:smug: :smug:
:smug: :smug:

WhiskeyWolf

RPG Codex Polish Car Thief
Staff Member
Jim Cojones said:
Pablosdog said:
He posted on the codex? Lol, doesn't surprise me that he never came back...
He registered here to claim that an epic Mass Effect interview VD posted was fake.
Dear god I think that's the worst interview I think I've ever read about Mass Effect by a long, long way... Casey must be really stressed out at the moment poor guy ... it sounded like he was trying to sell the game to the OXM/GTA playing crowd ... and that BioWare wanted to ditch most of the things that make an great RPG a great RPG. Subtle and intelgent character development and well writen dialog for a start
Ups.
Woah... thats what I call an extreme Interview

On the other Side you could probably get more sales if you choose to market the Game that way and simply claim the Interview was real - I guess the Market is ready for such an extreme Game ^^.
Ups again.

sgc_meltdown

Arcane
Imbecile said:
http://forums.bethsoft.com/index.php?/topic/1171794-can-you-be-a-lady-in-this-game/

http://www.tesnexus.com/downloads/file.php?id=36760

This mod does not include every item of clothing and armor in the game. It focuses
on providing the most feminine-looking items to men. All these same items were also fixed
to look masculine on women. The emphasis is also on nice colorful clothing. Who wants to
wear brown, dirty, impoverished-looking lower-class stuff anyway? So I have done all the
pretty dresses from Oblivion and Shivering Isles and some other items.

I expect that the main users of this mod will be men who want to wear dresses.

:thumbsup:

Dele

Liturgist
sgc_meltdown said:
Imbecile said:
http://forums.bethsoft.com/index.php?/topic/1171794-can-you-be-a-lady-in-this-game/

http://www.tesnexus.com/downloads/file.php?id=36760

This mod does not include every item of clothing and armor in the game. It focuses
on providing the most feminine-looking items to men. All these same items were also fixed
to look masculine on women. The emphasis is also on nice colorful clothing. Who wants to
wear brown, dirty, impoverished-looking lower-class stuff anyway? So I have done all the
pretty dresses from Oblivion and Shivering Isles and some other items.

I expect that the main users of this mod will be men who want to wear dresses.

:thumbsup:

http://www.tesnexus.com/downloads/images/36760-4-1295672101.jpg

SMA??!?

sgc_meltdown

Arcane
http://social.bioware.com/forum/Dragon- ... 581-1.html
DA2 ogres look awesome (less like giant mutated bipedal deer and more like tainted qunari). DA2 emissaries now have their own unique design, they're better than DAO's genlock/hurlock emissaries with spiky helms. The DAO hurlock looked to much like orcs from LOTR. DA2 hurlocks look and act more like tainted humans should. I have personally played a new game of DAO every month since December 2009.
I have personally played a new game of DAO every month since December 2009.

x3kYV.jpg

http://social.bioware.com/forum/Dragon- ... 407-1.html
Rich McCormick from PC Gamer magazine reviewed Dragon Age II in the latest issue and gave it a 94 out of 100, as well as naming it "Editor's Choice"!

In his verdict, he calls DA II "The best RPG combat ever. Not gaming's best story, but maybe its best storytelling. Darker, sexier, bettter."

This game keeps sounding better and better! :D

:hmmm:

http://social.bioware.com/forum/Dragon- ... 489-1.html
If you watched the demo vid yesterday, someone asked if PC users could use the same attack type as consoles, where it's click click not click auto attack. Dev said they tried it and there were alot of "mis clicks", when you would send your guy off running instead of attacking. Makes sense to a point. If you disabled click to run, and rellied only on WASD for movement(yes I know it would take away some of the tactical nature), then clicking would only be for attacking. I still think this will be quickly modded in or maybe even included in a patch. To many people want it and if it messes them up by misclicking, then they can always toggle it off.

A TOGGLE? ARE YOU INSANE? SOMEONE LOCKDOWN THAT THREAD

http://social.bioware.com/forum/Dragon- ... 909-1.html
Having characters with no voices in any modern game is an atrocity really .. unless you have a very damn good reason (simple game that needs no voice acting .. i.e puzzle platrofmer / no money to get Voice Actor.. etc etc) ... it just isn't excusable anymore ... and i played lots of silent RPGs .. but at least they were consistent .. all characters had no voices (most old JRPGs) and it usually for saving disk space or just following JRPG tradition ... but having the main character silent and everyone else and their grandmother speakng out loud and replying to your eternal silence by reading your mind was absolutely silly (didn't know all DA inhabitants were psychics) ... and no it doesn't make me feel like i'm the character like some people say .. having control over the characters looks and actions does .. not making it mute.

And if i want to read that badly i can read the codex entries .. or better .. go read a book.

http://social.bioware.com/forum/Dragon- ... 479-1.html

I am not even going to quote from that. Go read it for yourself.

Xor

Arcane
Codex 2014 PC RPG Website of the Year, 2015 Codex 2016 - The Age of Grimoire Divinity: Original Sin Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 Divinity: Original Sin 2
In his verdict, he calls DA II "The best RPG combat ever. Not gaming's best story, but maybe its best storytelling. Darker, sexier, bettter."

I assume by "best RPG combat ever" he means the combat isn't RPG-related at all. Someone should tell him Bioware's thoughts on CoD so he can decide if he likes the RPG combat in those games better.

Having characters with no voices in any modern game is an atrocity really .. unless you have a very damn good reason (simple game that needs no voice acting .. i.e puzzle platrofmer / no money to get Voice Actor.. etc etc) ... it just isn't excusable anymore ... and i played lots of silent RPGs .. but at least they were consistent .. all characters had no voices (most old JRPGs) and it usually for saving disk space or just following JRPG tradition ... but having the main character silent and everyone else and their grandmother speakng out loud and replying to your eternal silence by reading your mind was absolutely silly (didn't know all DA inhabitants were psychics) ... and no it doesn't make me feel like i'm the character like some people say .. having control over the characters looks and actions does .. not making it mute.

This might be the single most incorrect statement I've ever read.

Hawke vs. Warden: who would win and why?

Andhaira is posting on the Bioware boards now?

DraQ

Arcane
sgc_meltdown said:
http://social.bioware.com/forum/Dragon- ... 909-1.html

And if i want to read that badly i can read the codex entries .. or better .. go read a book.
:retarded:
:x
:rage:
Intense-Rage-Guy.jpg

Ok, this is the kind of fucktard I would just fucking murder.
First, I would snap all his fucking limbs, then stab his eyes out with a fucking spork, and finally chainsaw his face off and dump him in a piranha tank.

He and his fucking ilk are the very fucking cause of the :decline:.
[url=http://www.rpgcodex.net/phpBB/viewtopic.php?p=1555790#1555790:2ht2q6i9]in another thread[/url] DraQ said:
sgc_meltdown said:
That's the big problem that a lot of people happily ignore while saying the immersiveness of isometric view is shit. Abstraction of viewpoint allows for abstraction of events. When you try and up the ante by going into details like facial features and body language, any lapse in realism is more jarring than noticing that your little sprite doesn't smile when he says he's happy.

It's not just the abstraction of viewpoint but abstraction of presentation in general - you can have detailed, first person 3D view all the time, yet still wiggle out of having to animate convincing facial expressions or gestures by using text for actual dialogues. Morrowind and STALKER are nice examples.
It also abolishes the volume and budget limitations of having to VO everything.

In any case, there is little point to animating and voicing dialogue beyond having it look and sound nice (which can be perfectly good reason IF it isn't detrimental to other aspects and IF it's done well enough) - in case of dialogue better presentation doesn't in any way or form correspond to better mechanical representation, because there is generally none. We can't represent what actually happens in dialogues in terms of some universal mechanics to any interesting degree. Having multi-variable disposition, lists of topics, some crude representation of character's knowledge can be very helpful, but will still be very crude. There might be some room for improvement by putting subtle cues into character's behaviour, voice tone and such but one has to learn how to walk first before trying to run and merely getting characters to behave in a way that isn't jarringly artificial during dialogue is hard enough. Dialogue is actually the part of a computer game that benefits the least from going multimedial.

Jools

Eater of Apples
Patron
Codex 2014 Make the Codex Great Again! Insert Title Here Codex Year of the Donut Codex+ Now Streaming! Codex USB, 2014 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2
:poop: :poop: :poop: :poop: :poop: :poop: :poop: :poop: :poop: :poop: :poop: :poop: :poop: :poop: :poop: :poop: :poop: :poop: :poop: :poop: :poop: :poop: :poop: :poop: :poop: :poop: :poop: :poop: :poop: :poop: :poop: :poop: :poop: :poop: :poop: :poop: :poop: :poop: :poop: :poop: :poop: :poop: :poop: :poop: :poop: :poop: :poop: :poop: :poop: :poop: :poop: :poop: :poop: :poop: :poop: :poop: :poop: :poop: :poop: :poop: :poop: :poop: :poop: :poop: :poop: :poop: :poop: :poop: :poop: :poop: :poop: :poop: :poop: :poop: :poop: :poop: :poop: :poop: :poop: :poop: :poop: :poop: :poop: :poop: :poop: :poop: :poop: :poop: :poop: :poop: :poop: :poop: :poop: :poop: :poop: :poop: :poop: :poop: :poop: :poop: :poop: :poop: :poop: :poop: :poop: :poop: :poop: :poop: :poop: :poop: :poop: :poop: :poop: :poop: :poop: :poop: :poop: :poop: :poop: :poop: :poop: :poop: :poop: :poop: :poop: :poop: :poop: :poop: :poop: :poop: :poop: :poop: :poop: :poop: :poop: :poop: :poop: :poop: :poop: :poop: :poop: :poop: :poop: :poop: :poop: :poop: :poop: :poop: :poop: :poop: :poop: :poop: :poop: :poop: :poop: :poop: :poop: :poop: :poop: :poop: :poop: :poop: :poop: :poop: :poop: :poop: :poop: :poop: :poop: :poop: :poop: :poop: :poop: :poop: :poop: :poop: :poop: :poop: :poop: :poop: :poop: :poop: :poop: :poop: :poop: :poop: :poop: :poop: :poop: :poop: :poop: :poop: :poop: :poop: :poop: :poop: :poop: :poop: :poop: :poop: :poop: :poop: :poop: :poop: :poop: :poop: :poop: :poop: :poop: :poop: :poop: :poop: :poop: :poop: :poop: :poop: :poop: :poop: :poop: :poop: :poop: :poop: :poop: :poop: :poop: :poop: :poop: :poop: :poop: :poop: :poop: :poop: :poop: :poop: :poop: :poop: :poop: :poop: :poop: :poop: :poop: :poop: :poop: :poop: :poop: :poop: :poop: :poop: :poop: :poop: :poop: :poop: :poop: :poop: :poop: :poop: :poop: :poop: :poop: :poop: :poop: :poop: :poop: :poop: :poop: :poop: :poop: :poop: :poop: :poop: :poop: :poop: :poop: :poop: :poop: :poop: :poop: :poop: :poop: :poop: :poop: :poop: :poop: :poop: :poop: :poop: :poop: :poop: :poop: :poop: :poop: :poop: :poop: :poop: :poop: :poop: :poop: :poop: :poop: :poop: :poop: :poop: :poop: :poop: :poop: :poop: :poop: :poop: :poop: :poop: :poop: :poop: :poop: :poop: :poop: :poop: :poop: :poop: :poop: :poop: :poop: :poop: :poop: :poop: :poop: :poop: :poop: :poop: :poop: :poop: :poop: :poop: :poop: :poop: :poop: :poop: :poop: :poop: :poop: :poop: :poop: :poop: :poop: :poop: :poop: :poop: :poop: :poop: :poop: :poop: :poop: :poop: :poop: :poop: :poop: :poop: :poop: :poop: :poop: :poop: :poop: :poop: :poop: :poop: :poop: :poop: :poop: :poop: :poop: :poop: :poop: :poop: :poop: :poop: :poop: :poop: :poop: :poop: :poop: :poop: :poop: :poop: :poop: :poop: :poop: :poop: :poop: :poop: :poop: :poop: :poop: :poop: :poop: :poop: :poop: :poop: :poop: :poop: :poop: :poop: :poop: :poop: :poop: :poop: :poop: :poop: :poop: :poop: :poop: :poop: :poop: :poop: :poop: :poop: :poop: :poop: :poop: :poop: :poop: :poop: :poop: :poop: :poop: :poop: :poop: :poop: :poop: :poop: :poop: :poop: :poop: :poop: :poop: :poop: :poop: :poop: :poop: :poop: :poop: :poop: :poop: :poop: :poop: :poop: :poop: :poop: :poop: :poop: :poop: :poop: :poop: :poop: :poop: :poop: :poop: :poop: :poop: :poop: :poop: :poop: :poop: :poop: :poop: :poop: :poop: :poop: :poop: :poop: :poop: :poop: :poop: :poop: :poop: :poop: :poop: :poop: :poop: :poop: :poop: :poop: :poop: :poop: :poop: :poop: :poop: :poop: :poop: :poop: :poop: :poop: :poop: :poop: :poop: :poop: :poop: :poop: :poop: :poop: :poop: :poop: :poop: :poop: :poop: :poop: :poop: :poop: :poop: :poop: :poop: :poop: :poop: :poop: :poop: :poop: :poop: :poop: :poop: :poop: :poop: :poop: :poop: :poop: :poop: :poop: :poop: :poop: :poop: :poop: :poop: :poop: :poop: :poop: :poop: :poop: :poop: :poop: :poop: :poop: :poop: :poop: :poop: :poop: :poop: :poop: :poop: :poop: :poop: :poop: :poop: :poop: :poop: :poop: :poop: :poop: :poop: :poop: :poop: :poop: :poop: :poop: :poop: :poop: :poop: :poop:

DraQ

Arcane
The worst thing is that people associate RPG players with one or more of the following groups:
-JPG weeaboos
-biowhore DerpG fans
-neobeth DerpG fans

Hopefully CDPR, Larian and maybe Obsidian can incline the situation somewhat.

JarlFrank

I like Thief THIS much
Patron
Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag.
Isn't it more like *screenshot proves Zevran looks derp*
Gaider: "He looks fine. Complainers are dumb."
"OMG IT'S CONFIRMED THAT HE LOOKS FINE GAIDER SAID SO LET'S DISREGARD ALL THE SCREENSHOTS BECAUSE HE SAID SO!!!!!!"

Freelance Henchman said:
Holy crap, he's not even pretending that customers are worth listening to any more.
Well, on the one hand - he is right - your average biotard is a fucking idiot who somehow can even manage to die in the DA2 demo, can't read, but that little fact doesn't prevent him from furiously writing sad tosser-y fanfics and faping to them.
On the other hand - I never seen such unprofessional community management, well, since russian MMORPG pirate servers forums. Bioware staff both fraternizes with their fans ("OMG CAN I NOM HER HEAD" - quote from one of devs), and freely insults them.

Jools

Eater of Apples
Patron
Codex 2014 Make the Codex Great Again! Insert Title Here Codex Year of the Donut Codex+ Now Streaming! Codex USB, 2014 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2
DraQ said:
The worst thing is that people associate RPG players with one or more of the following groups:
-JPG weeaboos
-biowhore DerpG fans
-neobeth DerpG fans

Hopefully CDPR, Larian and maybe Obsidian can incline the situation somewhat.

At this point, seeing the status quo, I think the only way out for us is a secession. I don't think any degree of incline can undo the cosmical level of decline that has been shat upon us from hyperspace. Let them call their shit RPGs (Repetitive Puerile Grind). We'll call ours RolePlaying Games or something else and just ignore them forever.

JarlFrank said:
Isn't it more like *screenshot proves Zevran looks derp*
Gaider: "He looks fine. Complainers are dumb."
"OMG IT'S CONFIRMED THAT HE LOOKS FINE GAIDER SAID SO LET'S DISREGARD ALL THE SCREENSHOTS BECAUSE HE SAID SO!!!!!!"
He said "people are idiots", and not "complainers are idiots". And yeah, it can be interpreted like you said. But you aren't taking in account the passive-aggressive manner of conversing with fans, intrinsic to all bio-devs. Their contempt for their fanbase is pretty transparent, and immediately shows when someone voices some complaint.

Ogg

Prophet
Patron
Codex 2012 Serpent in the Staglands Dead State Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Codex USB, 2014 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 BattleTech
Stainless Veteran said:
He said "people are idiots", and not "complainers are idiots".
And the answer ("and you are making money from us idiots. you should cater to us more") is so lucid. i can't believe it. Maybe god, alcohol or mesqual inspired this biofan. Unglaublich

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom