Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

NSFW Best Thread Ever [No SJW-related posts allowed]

racofer

Thread Incliner
Sup guise how're ya doin today?

http://forums.xbox.com/35766026/ShowPost.aspx

• How much like Mass Effect 2 is DA2?

I heard they changed around the gameplay from the first Dragon Age to make this one more like Mass Effect....How so? Thanks everyone for the responses!!!!!!

faggot2 said:
    faggot 1 said:
    They mean it's more action orientated.
    Mass Effect was more of a pure RPG, while Mass Effect 2 was more of an action game with RPG elements.

couldn't of said it any better, exactly what you said!

:retarded:

I like to control my character actions, like I'll swing the sword, defends myself with shield, instead of an AI controllin' my character. MASS Effect is awesome, I'm movin' my character, pulling the trigger, trigger my powers. In Dragon Age, the computer still controls your character...which is fine with me. I'm looking forward to MASS EFFECT 3 which will be even bigger & better than the previous! Anyway, DRAGON AGE 2 finally nails it, that my character can shout, scream or speak! Go DA2 (Dragon Age 2)!

True RPG elements at last featured in DA2.

:bounce:

Andyman Messiah

Mr. Ed-ucated
Stainless Veteran said:

Boobplate is kinda derp too, it impairs armour's structural integrity. Smooth curve in more solid and logical.
But much less hot. Fuck solid and logical. Give me the titties. All the tits you can give. Give them to me.

Also, in response to racofer's offering of more stupid shit by Biowarians: argh.

Self-Ejected

Jack

█▓▒░
Patron
Insert Title Here
Why does every modern RPG have to be either sci-fi or high fantasy?
Anyway, women weren't exactly common in armies back in the day.
But if we are going to go all high fantasy I'd imagine the armor would just be like any other armor, made for protection and not any different from male armor.
arcpanthonii.jpg

markec

Twitterbot
Patron
Codex 2012 Strap Yourselves In Codex Year of the Donut Codex+ Now Streaming! Dead State Project: Eternity Codex USB, 2014 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag. Pathfinder: Wrath
http://www.rockpapershotgun.com/2011/02/15/the-very-important-list-of-pc-games-part-2/

Moron said:
Dragon Age is one of the finest RPGs of all time. I’d say (more safely now it’s 2011) that it’s the best of the last decade. That makes it important. Bloody brilliant 100 hour epic constructions of passion and emotion, war and death, romance and religion – they don’t come around very often. The scale, the depth, the history – it’s all a remarkable work, and one that seems to far too often be taken for granted. And that’s the issue with Dragon Age. It feels like the last of something, rather than a pioneer of anything. It’s such a stunning example of the genre, and a massive pleasure to play, but is it the final word on the matter? I think Mass Effect is the direction the RPG is heading in, and your Witchers and your Dragon Age IIs, are relics. Dragon Age is a wonderful relic, and one of my favourite games of all time. But it’s hard to put it forward as a text for gaming’s future.

Angthoron

Arcane
markec said:
http://www.rockpapershotgun.com/2011/02/15/the-very-important-list-of-pc-games-part-2/

Moron said:
Dragon Age is one of the finest RPGs of all time. I’d say (more safely now it’s 2011) that it’s the best of the last decade. That makes it important. Bloody brilliant 100 hour epic constructions of passion and emotion, war and death, romance and religion – they don’t come around very often. The scale, the depth, the history – it’s all a remarkable work, and one that seems to far too often be taken for granted. And that’s the issue with Dragon Age. It feels like the last of something, rather than a pioneer of anything. It’s such a stunning example of the genre, and a massive pleasure to play, but is it the final word on the matter? I think Mass Effect is the direction the RPG is heading in, and your Witchers and your Dragon Age IIs, are relics. Dragon Age is a wonderful relic, and one of my favourite games of all time. But it’s hard to put it forward as a text for gaming’s future.

There's just so much wrong with just three lines of text.

DraQ

Arcane

Leimrey

Educated
Stainless Veteran said:
Boobplate is kinda derp too, it impairs armour's structural integrity. Smooth curve in more solid and logical.
Boobplate is relatively fine as long as you have a single "boob" - a more convex profile of the chest plate, something in the spirit of pigface bascinet. This would actually help to deflect frontal thrusting attacks (the only type of sword attack that has any chance of penetrating plate), but would make the armor more unwieldy. The mass distribution would result in a bending moment that would try to put you face down on the ground. The two-boob chestplate is absolutely retarded due to the tendency of stresses to concentrate in the boob-crack.

torpid

Liturgist
markec said:

Moron said:

rockpapershotgun fails at edginess. And of course, Portal is first on the list. It's like the peeps who think they're hardcore because they played BGII. The crowd that comments there is also pretty bad: they're not actually casuals, they're relatively well-informed, but they've embraced the next-gen nonetheless. They're what passes for old-school nowadays.

DraQ

Arcane
Leimrey said:
Stainless Veteran said:
Boobplate is relatively fine as long as you have a single "boob" - a more convex profile of the chest plate, something in the spirit of pigface bascinet. This would actually help to deflect frontal thrusting attacks (the only type of sword attack that has any chance of penetrating plate), but would make the armor more unwieldy. The mass distribution would result in a bending moment that would try to put you face down on the ground. The two-boob chestplate is absolutely retarded due to the tendency of stresses to concentrate in the boob-crack.
By refined and advanced plate armour standards it's pretty derp, but I don't think it would be nearly as bad by muscle cuirass standards.

JarlFrank

I like Thief THIS much
Patron
Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag.
Also, it would still offer some actual protection while still being SEXAY, and therefore would satisfy both camps. Definitely much better than chainmail bikini or plate armor WITH CLEAVAGE (seriously, this is EVEN WORSE than chainmail bikini in my opinion; what the fuck is the point of heavy armour if has holes in some of the most vital parts of the body, like the neck and the belly?).

Also, considering the huge size of tits in fantasy games, any plate armor that doesn't have additional spaces at chest-level would just be too tight for the typical heroine. :lol:

Leimrey

Educated
DraQ said:
By refined and advanced plate armour standards it's pretty derp, but I don't think it would be nearly as bad by muscle cuirass standards.
No, the double-boob chest plate is absolutely retarded by any standards due to its geometry. Compare it to an ordinary piece of plate armor:

A000019_L.jpg

All of the thrusts directed at the chest will slide outwards, away from the vertical line of symmetry in the frontal projection. Now look at the boob-plate. A large percentage of its frontal projection area has a geometry, that will direct thrusting attacks inwards - towards the line of symmetry and into the boobcrack, which is the weakest link in the armor.

EDIT: The situation with the muscle cuirass is not as dire as with the boob-plate. It's convex surfaces are less... khm, convex and have a significantly smaller impact on the overal armor strength (the "sharper" the "valleys" formed by the cracks, the greater the stress concentration along them).

DraQ

Arcane
Leimrey said:
DraQ said:
No, the double-boob chest plate is absolutely retarded by any standards due to its geometry. Compare it to an ordinary piece of plate armor:

A000019_L.jpg
Yes, nice and pretty advanced plate design.

EDIT: The situation with the muscle cuirass is not as dire as with the boob-plate. It's convex surfaces are less... khm, convex and have a significantly smaller impact on the overal armor strength (the "sharper" the "valleys" formed by the cracks, the greater the stress concentration along them).
It's not as dire, but it's still very suboptimal in this regard, yet a historical piece of armour.

Nael

Arcane
Lulz galore! This thread has delivered for so damn long. What a champ. :salute:

Imma movin mahsef! Imma pullin da triggah! Imma triggerin mah powaz!

Xor

Arcane
Codex 2014 PC RPG Website of the Year, 2015 Codex 2016 - The Age of Grimoire Divinity: Original Sin Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 Divinity: Original Sin 2
Oh FFS, who cares about realistic armor in fucking fantasy games.

JarlFrank

I like Thief THIS much
Patron
Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag.
Xor said:

Faggots like me who like their fantasy to be believeable, logical and internally consistent.

Ridiculous armor that is impractical and doesn't offer much protection while still adding lots of weight doesn't offer either of those qualities.

The Wizard

Educated
Mangoose said:
Anyways who the fuck wears plate armor while traveling through swamps, into dungeons, overland for days, etc.?
plate armor isn't that heavy.

Leimrey said:
This would actually help to deflect frontal thrusting attacks (the only type of sword attack that has any chance of penetrating plate)
you would need to be a fucking terminator to pierce a plate with a sword.

Xor said:
yeah, who cares if the gameworld makes sense.

edit: fuck you, jarl!

Jools

Eater of Apples
Patron
Codex 2014 Make the Codex Great Again! Insert Title Here Codex Year of the Donut Codex+ Now Streaming! Codex USB, 2014 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2
markec said:

Moron said:

I. Feel. Violated.

Anyway, 100 hours to complete it?

Mangoose

Arcane
Patron
Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity
The Wizard said:
Mangoose said:
Anyways who the fuck wears plate armor while traveling through swamps, into dungeons, overland for days, etc.?
plate armor isn't that heavy.
Heavy and cumbersome enough for the typical CRPG adventurer who is traveling on foot day after day for hundreds of days, through any and all kinds of weather conditions. I'm mainly talking about the long-term fatigue effect, not the lightness or mobility of plate armor.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom