Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

NSFW Best Thread Ever [No SJW-related posts allowed]

RK47

collides like two planets pulled by gravity
Patron
Dead State Divinity: Original Sin
Just like your burka

Astral Rag

Arcane
RAI9KAL.jpg

:abyssgazer:

Baron Dupek

Arcane
I totally would play that.
Even when someone gift me FO4 I sell this shit, buy box of beer and enjoy it more than another skyrim with guns.

Unkillable Cat

LEST WE FORGET
Patron
Codex 2014 Make the Codex Great Again! Grab the Codex by the pussy
Oh wow, the console peasants are trying to pretend they're relevant:

h12A9CAB4

Monarchy promoting polytheism, plus the logical fallacy that having to spend (at least) 4 times as much on gaming just to rise above it all and to be "in charge" - this is lulzy.

The multi-platform "monarchy" makes about as much sense as multiculturalism - sounds good on paper, but doesn't work in reality.

(Let's not forget the console peasants trying to put themselves on a higher platform than the mobile gamers.)

Grimlorn

Arcane
Oh wow, the console peasants are trying to pretend they're relevant:

h12A9CAB4

Monarchy promoting polytheism, plus the logical fallacy that having to spend (at least) 4 times as much on gaming just to rise above it all and to be "in charge" - this is lulzy.

The multi-platform "monarchy" makes about as much sense as multiculturalism - sounds good on paper, but doesn't work in reality.

(Let's not forget the console peasants trying to put themselves on a higher platform than the mobile gamers.)
Monarchy and nobility should be switched. Really peasants would be console and the beggars and homeless would be mobile gaming. Star Citizen would be below that as Hell and Chris Roberts would be the Devil.

lightbane

Arcane
It probably has already been posted here somewhere, but I thought it was worth a read: http://www.hopesandfears.com/hopes/culture/video-games/216625-dungeons-dragons-violence-ethics

Dungeons & Dragons and the ethics of imaginary violence

A gradual descent into indiscriminate violence is, often, a built-in feature of a D&D campaign: the party will set off on an adventure, and their path towards success is dotted by frequently unhelpful, if not outwardly hostile,“NPCs”—non-player—characters that the Dungeon Master will wheel out to make the players truly earn their “experience points” (XP). By earning XP, characters become more powerful, giving them a leg up in subsequent games.

Slaying a few mindless kobolds is one thing, but D&D violence can assume much more imaginative and sinister forms...

I wonder what would that guy say about the average White Wolf game. Or FATAL. Or any FFG's WH40k Rpgs.

FeelTheRads

Arcane
Ah, he must be one of those who thinks XP from combat is evil. I always wondered what was that about, apparently they are against violence.

Caim

Arcane
It probably has already been posted here somewhere, but I thought it was worth a read: http://www.hopesandfears.com/hopes/culture/video-games/216625-dungeons-dragons-violence-ethics
Dungeons & Dragons and the ethics of imaginary violence
A gradual descent into indiscriminate violence is, often, a built-in feature of a D&D campaign: the party will set off on an adventure, and their path towards success is dotted by frequently unhelpful, if not outwardly hostile,“NPCs”—non-player—characters that the Dungeon Master will wheel out to make the players truly earn their “experience points” (XP). By earning XP, characters become more powerful, giving them a leg up in subsequent games.

Slaying a few mindless kobolds is one thing, but D&D violence can assume much more imaginative and sinister forms...

I wonder what would that guy say about the average White Wolf game. Or FATAL. Or any FFG's WH40k Rpgs.
Or a story-based system like ol' Cthulhutech. Because that one's a lot less violent than dear innocent D&D because it doesn't use XP.

:troll:

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom