Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

NSFW Best Thread Ever [No SJW-related posts allowed]

pippin

Weird, nobody noticed those are all white women

Caim

Arcane
Huh, a game with a powerful 50's feel where you can dress as a housewife and kill boatloads of male monsters? That sounds like a lot of fun, fund it!

meaning-of-vault-boy-thumbs-up.jpg

JarlFrank

I like Thief THIS much
Patron
Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag.
I thought Malaysia was full of Muslims. What the hell do they need a theme park for?

Ubisoft themepark. They own the Ass Creed franchise.

"ASSASSIN'S CREED SIMULATOR! Roleplay a noble muslim assassin and behead infidels*!

*infidels harvested from our country's own non-muslim population"

LESS T_T

Arcane
Codex 2014
http://www.pcgamer.com/youtuber-reportedly-requests-22000-for-coverage/

YouTuber reportedly requests $22,000 for coverage

piUXNnIEke7p.878x0.Z-Z96KYq.jpg

Ben Tester does PR and marketing for Wales Interactive, the developer responsible for games like Soul Axiom (pictured). According to a recent Reddit post, he emailed a popular YouTuber to offer them a free code for one of the developer's games and got a reply that made his "jaw drop", asking for thousands of dollars in return for coverage of the game.

Apparently, the YouTuber, who has "a few million subscribers", asked for either $17,600 in exchange for two to three "talking points," or $22,000 for the addition of a description link. Tester, as well as stating that he didn't agree to pay up, stresses that the YouTuber didn't offer positive promotion of the game.

It's worth checking out the post and comments for more stories from devs, e.g. one claiming that a YouTuber asked for 5% of gross profit for six months, and from YouTubers who say they've accepted money to cover games.

Caim

Arcane
The whole youtube reviewer thing will come crashing down the moment youtube installs a paywall for "premium content". Sure there will be fanboys who eat that shit up, but plenty of them will unsubscribe in rage and never return.

It will be a day of glory, justice and lulz once the paywall comes into place.

Perkel

Arcane
Poor indie opressed dev send his game to promote it and his jaw dropped when got reply that you need to pay for promotion.
Indie snake starting to eat itself.

Maybe those clapfucks will understand that creating community and good game will sell your game.
Creating another platformer/walking/"art" simulator clone... yeah no one wants to play that shit anymore.

stray

Learned
Poor indie opressed dev send his game to promote it and his jaw dropped when got reply that you need to pay for promotion.
Indie snake starting to eat itself.

Maybe those clapfucks will understand that creating community and good game will sell your game.
Creating another platformer/walking/"art" simulator clone... yeah no one wants to play that shit anymore.

Hey now, don't bundle platformers with that shit. Those are actually games :)

pippin

The whole youtube reviewer thing will come crashing down the moment youtube installs a paywall for "premium content"

Paid content existed before those youtubers were big, but it was more of a movie rental system however. Blip.tv recently died (because the Nostalgia Critic-tier "reviewers" are dying as well), so if youtube does this, they will just move to Twitch. Dailymotion is getting bitchy about content in videos right now and vimeo is too hipster for those kids.

Drax

Arcane

:lol:
From the comments:
Straight outta Canton,
crazy motherfukcer named Ice Jiub
From the guild called N'wahs With Attitudes
When I'm called off, I got a steel staff
Swipe to the side, and bodies are hauled off
You too, N'wah, if you fuck with me
The Ordinators gonna have to come and get me
Off yo ass, and now I'm Silt Stridin' out
For the s'wit motherfetchers that showin out
N'wahs start to mumble, they wanna rumble
Mix em and cook em in a pot like scuttle
Goin off on a motherfetcher like that
With a cross bow that's pointed at yo ass
So give it up smooth
Ain't no tellin when I'm down for a jack move
Here's a murder rap to keep yo dancin
With a crime record like Meder Nulen
A Daedric weapon is the tool
Don't make me act the motherfetchin fool
Me you can go toe to toe,no maybe
I'm knockin n'wahs out tha box, daily
Yo weekly, monthly and yearly
Until them dumb motherfetchers see clearly
That I'm down with the capital A.S.V.
N'Wah you can't fuck with me
So when I'm in your neighborhood, you better duck
Coz Ice Jiub is crazy as fuck
As I leave, believe I'm stompin
But when I come back, N'wah, I'm comin straight out Vivec.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom