Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

NSFW Best Thread Ever [No SJW-related posts allowed]

Self-Ejected

Excidium II

Self-Ejected
My brother had a famiclone that ripped off a nintendo 64 controller (as in, the controller AND the console on the same body of a blue n64 controller just without analog or Z button and a with mess of cables coming out of its back to the TV and power outlet).

It didn't support cartridges but came with 9999999 in 1 games. Some quite decent ones like 1942 and dig dug and some truly awful ones like an MK1 port (We played MK3 on the mega drive at the time so that shit was like a huge joke)

Shit must have been rare because I can't find pics on google

Last edited:
Self-Ejected

Excidium II

Self-Ejected
Also I wonder why those bootleg consoles never came with Megaman, Metroid, Zelda, etc

Seems all the games they included were arcade ports.

Those old arcade ports are like 3kb in size, when you need to put several games in a cartridge you can't be too picky. The good stuff like Mario and Megaman take a whole cartridge and sell by themselves.

edit:
I had a Phantom System, huehue NES clone from back when Nintendo didn't want anything to do with us. On magazines like SuperGamePower or GamePro there were ads about it. Pretty decent, actually. Could run jap cartridges. It had a Genesis Mega Drive controller for some reason.

VaqsL7.jpg

A+ graphic design over there, by the way

"ENTER T | HE FRAY"

Last edited:

pippin

You only have to change one tiny bit of your design to avoid a lawsuit. I remember a guitar company used the Les Paul templates without permission, and when Gibson threatened to sue, they just made the lower side a bit wider, so it could look a bit different at first glance.

Self-Ejected

Excidium II

Self-Ejected
You only have to change one tiny bit of your design to avoid a lawsuit. I remember a guitar company used the Les Paul templates without permission, and when Gibson threatened to sue, they just made the lower side a bit wider, so it could look a bit different at first glance.
Well, that was brazil 25 years ago so a lawsuit was the last of worries. It's just the difference between the mega drive (Start, ABC) and NES (Start, Select, AB) buttons that were taken into account

Also about A and B, was that just the button faces or the input was inverted too Clockwork Knight?

Last edited:

Infinitron

I post news
Staff Member
Codex Year of the Donut Serpent in the Staglands Dead State Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Pathfinder: Kingmaker Pathfinder: Wrath I'm very into cock and ball torture I helped put crap in Monomyth
World's Top 100 Most Anticipated Games list: http://www.favslist.com/MostAnticipatedGames

Welcome to the world's first dedicated, fan-fueled list of Most Anticipated Videogames! Here's how it works - As gamers across the globe rank and update their most anticipated games list, we combine the results of each individual's Top 10 to reflect the world-wide rankings in real-time. So, rank your most anticipated games right now to make an instant impact and invite your friends to do the same! HAVE FUN!

Of course, the Shenmue cult has already catapulted Shenmue 3 to first place.

Yeah, for all the bitching about copyright monopolies, you really do have to try to blatantly pass your work off as a competitors (in which case you don't need copyright law, just the old 'passing off' tort) before you can get hammered out of the marketplace, as opposed to being sent back to the design room with an 'add a few original notes, you lazy fuck' order.

It's only a problem when someone like Disney decides to tie their competitors up with spurious lawsuits for publishing anything with an anthormorphic mouse, which is less of a problem with copyright law and more just the age-old issue that nobody has ever figured out a workable method of screening out douchebags from bankrupting opponents with frivolous lawsuits without also preventing legitimate claims from being heard.

retardation

Learned
(note for angry joe's rape victims: this post isn't about Star Citizen)

I already said I don't follow this semi-literate retard, but he appeared in the results while I was searching "Star Citizen Scam":

Amazing.

Drakron

Arcane
Angry Joe is not a journalist and does not count, its like we start to claim Blaine is corrupted because he used to be a very fierce Star Citizen supporter ... if you want to take the word of some guy with no credentials on the Internet be my guest but this isnt the same as something that comes from a site that claims to be a magazine, like PC Gamer.

taxalot

I'm a spicy fellow.
Patron
Codex 2013 PC RPG Website of the Year, 2015
Holy cow. Is this the future ?

Remember when you used to see unboxing videos everywhere ? In a dematerialized economy, this only makes sense : show us videos of people buying stuff online !

I think I will take it to the next level. I will buy a game, film my screen while it downloads in Steam, screams such bullshit like "Look at how this download bar goes !" "I'm so excited !" "So many kilobytes per second !" "If I lower my camera, you can actually see my HDD light blinking..." ... Some retards are bound to watch this. The same kind of retards who watch that kind of terrible bullshit.

100k views ? Fuck you, Internet. FUCK YOU.

Last edited:

retardation

Learned
Angry Joe is not a journalist and does not count, its like we start to claim Blaine is corrupted because he used to be a very fierce Star Citizen supporter ... if you want to take the word of some guy with no credentials on the Internet be my guest but this isnt the same as something that comes from a site that claims to be a magazine, like PC Gamer.

A journalist is anyone who involves himself in reporting about things, whether he likes being called that way or not, and whether you like it or not. In this case, he looked like a drooling retard while praising Star Citizen Kickstarter. This shit is important for gaming journalism - keep in mind that angry joe hasn't said anything about obvious scam practices going in the game's development - and the post was moved twice. Why? Some butthurt people, I guess.

Jick Magger

Arcane
Patron
PC RPG Website of the Year, 2015 Serpent in the Staglands Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 Bubbles In Memoria
What is the appeal of reaction videos?

"Oh boy that video I watched was great I sure can't wait to go on YouTube and watch some loser watch the same video while screaming like an autist because he knows he's being filmed and is intentionally overacting!"

I mean, what's the bloody point? Are you so insecure with your own opinion you need it to be validated by some guy on YouTube?

Unkillable Cat

LEST WE FORGET
Patron
Codex 2014 Make the Codex Great Again! Grab the Codex by the pussy
A journalist is anyone who involves himself in reporting about things, whether he likes being called that way or not, and whether you like it or not.

Uhh...no.

A journalist is someone who reports facts, writes stories based on facts and seeks out the truth. They are very few in number, and become fewer every year. This is the word every reporter wants to be called.

A reporter just reports things, things which are usually written by a third party. Truth is irrelevant, facts are irrelevant, they just speak what they either choose to speak, or are told to speak.

There are more modern terms for "reporter" - public spokesperson, megaphone, sockpuppet, official representative, etc. I can't think of any other word for "journalist".

What is the appeal of reaction videos?

"Oh boy that video I watched was great I sure can't wait to go on YouTube and watch some loser watch the same video while screaming like an autist because he knows he's being filmed and is intentionally overacting!"

I mean, what's the bloody point? Are you so insecure with your own opinion you need it to be validated by some guy on YouTube?

Do you honestly believe people who watch shit like that would have confidence in themselves?

Perkel

Arcane

A journalist is anyone who involves himself in reporting about things, whether he likes being called that way or not, and whether you like it or not.

It is actual profession that requires going to highschool, when you finish it and joing some mag, site or something you will be bound by laws and gives permissions such being free from prosecution when you work on your material, not disclosing who were your sources and so on. Also people will be barred from trying to stop you from doing your work.
Journalist studies themselves usually teach you a lot about integrity, sources gathering and so on.

Phone camera and your own blog don't give you above nor teach you about that profession.

This is reason why we use "lol gaming journalists" Because none of them finished any school, they don't know jack shit about confirming sources and journalistic work. They also can't write for shit.

Those gaming journalist are basically your friends from bar talking shit knowing shit from tv they just watched.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom