Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

NSFW Best Thread Ever [No SJW-related posts allowed]

Jaesun

Fabulous Ex-Moderator
Patron
MCA
Cmz3H%2F.png
Mv57SC.png

Vin Diesel DMing a Game of D&D Just For You
+M

Unkillable Cat

LEST WE FORGET
Patron
Codex 2014 Make the Codex Great Again! Grab the Codex by the pussy
_83445065_83445064.jpg

That's one hell of a scar. It's what you get when you suffer repetitive strain injuries to your muscles, deforming them and making surgery the only option to save your illustrious sports career.

What sports career, you may ask?

Why, playing Starcraft in South Korea, of course!

It seemed like the confirmation I'd been expecting - that gaming in South Korea had reached a dangerous place, where professionals and amateurs alike were destroying their lives and their bodies. But Mr Kang sees it very differently. They're athletes, he argues, and injuries happen. One of his colleagues later suggested that if I'd been interviewing the world's most-decorated marathon champion, I wouldn't be surprised if they had damaged knees.

The professional gamers are overwhelmingly male, but their most-obsessive fans are female, lavishing the boys with the kind of attention otherwise reserved for the singing K-Pop stars, the country's other booming entertainment export.

At the top-end of gaming, the players are undeniably well looked after, healthy and happy - even if the gruelling routine means they clearly don't enjoy playing anymore. It's work.But for the non-professional, the impact heavy gaming is having on the health and social lives of young Koreans is of great concern to many.

South Korea has made numerous attempts to curb the amount of online gaming its young are playing. In 2011, it passed the Shutdown Law - dubbed the Cinderella Law - which prevented children aged 16 or below from playing online games between 10:30pm and 6:00am. The rules were later amended to allow parents to make their own choice about when gaming access should be curtailed in the home.

Cowboy Moment

Arcane
Is there even a strategy video game worth playing competitively out there? As in, not filled with a thousand glitches and unbalanced cheesy tactics?

Cowboy Moment

Arcane
That was meant to be "turn based strategy video games", teaches me to post at 3 am... Realtime ones obviously do exist. But it seems like barely anyone even tries to design TB multiplayer games with complex rules. At best you get a MP mode in a predominantly SP game that is incredibly easy to break. Haven't ever played Dominions MP though, and heard good things about it.

That was meant to be "turn based strategy video games", teaches me to post at 3 am... Realtime ones obviously do exist. But it seems like barely anyone even tries to design TB multiplayer games with complex rules. At best you get a MP mode in a predominantly SP game that is incredibly easy to break. Haven't ever played Dominions MP though, and heard good things about it.
Warlight is actually very good at a high level. It's based on risk but with a lot more to it. It uses a phase-based system. No cheese or glitches involved either.

https://www.warlight.net/

pakoito

Arcane
Patron
Warlight is actually very good at a high level. It's based on risk but with a lot more to it. It uses a phase-based system. No cheese or glitches involved either.

Where do I turn music off? It's annoying.

Go to the single player tab, top right corner.

pakoito

Arcane
Patron

Go to the single player tab, top right corner.
Only if you're logged in, apparently.

Ninjerk

Arcane
I considered shooping it in, but then I realized I was lazy.

EDIT: It also needs buckteeth. We have an image to uphold.

:flamesaw:

LundB

Mistakes were made.
Brofisted for sentiment, brolapsed for cat.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom