Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

NSFW Best Thread Ever [No SJW-related posts allowed]

Astral Rag

Arcane
Halopcglitchymarine.jpg

Duraframe300

Arcane
Just what the Codex always wanted - ArcaniA: Enhanced Edition! http://www.gamebanshee.com/news/115531-arcania-the-complete-tale-released-on-playstation-4.html

ArcaniA - The Complete Tale: the massive RPG leveled up to PlayStation 4, available now in stores and online

Vienna (Austria), May 12, 2015:

Owners of Sony’s PlayStation 4 now have a real RPG treat in store! ArcaniA: The Complete Tale, has been optimised for the platform and ported onto PlayStation 4. ArcaniA: The Complete Tale also includes the add-on “Fall of Setarrif” and is available priced at $29.99USD on the North American PlayStation Network.

ArcaniA won the 2010 German Developer Award for the best console game in 2010, and is now being released as a main game plus add-on to provide hours of gaming fun.

Just waitin' for that Blades of Destiny HD port now.

Unkillable Cat

LEST WE FORGET
Patron
Codex 2014 Make the Codex Great Again! Grab the Codex by the pussy
Remember a game called Dink Smallwood?

Well, the developers behind that game have released a few other small titles over the years, and sometime in 2004 or so I bought one of them called Dungeon Scroll, which did the same thing as PopCap's Bookworm Adventures (use letter tiles to create words to kill monsters in a dungeon).

There are 25 dungeons to complete and there are a few extra bells and whistles to make things interesting, like power tiles and monsters that need to be killed ASAP. And boss monsters, of course. I've had a few goes at this game over the years, but never completed it.

Earlier today I'm going through my game collection and I find this game in a dusty folder on a hard drive. For testing purposes I re-installed it, fired it up and decided to play a game.

45 minutes later I'd accidentally the whole game. I even got a highscore that puts me in the top 10% of all Dungeon Scroll players worldwide.

Just one of those random things that I felt like sharing with you.

Unkillable Cat

LEST WE FORGET
Patron
Codex 2014 Make the Codex Great Again! Grab the Codex by the pussy
Funny you should mention that, because Dungeon Scroll has several "power words" that, when created, cause special effects. Making DEATH, for example, causes an extra 100 points of damage on top of all the other damage.

But the words DINK and DUCK make lots of small ducks float down the screen.

Murk

Arcane
His HP drains when he touches the spike, but then the block hits him.

Also, Dink Smallwood was an idiotically fun waste of time for me when I first ran across it what seems like 15 years ago...

All the dink mods, my god, the dink mods.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom