Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

NSFW Best Thread Ever [No SJW-related posts allowed]

Divinity: Original Sin 2 Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag.
tumblr_nju5rgMump1r2kkkho1_1280.png

Infinitron

I post news
Staff Member
Codex Year of the Donut Serpent in the Staglands Dead State Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Pathfinder: Kingmaker Pathfinder: Wrath I'm very into cock and ball torture I helped put crap in Monomyth
http://www.eurogamer.net/articles/2015-02-23-troll-deletes-11-year-olds-destiny-characters

Destiny is full of glitches. Gaming the game - "cheesing" - has become part of the Destiny experience, a way of gaining an edge against its randomly-awarded loot system. New strategies spread virally - often vocally, from one randomly-matched player to another - or via discussion boards such as r/Destiny. Keeping up with the latest techniques has become a game in itself, with the community sharing tips and trying to keep one step ahead of developer Bungie.

So when Henry heard about a new glitch, he was eager to see it in action. He told his Twitch viewers that he was giving control of his game to a friend - PSN user KirmitTHEfrog. This was someone that had contacted Henry in the past, an online friend of a real-life friend that Henry had played with and who had earned his trust. Such is the way Destiny friends are added.

The fifth grader, from California, was unsure of how to use SharePlay - the PlayStation 4's method of letting someone play your console over the internet as if you had passed your controller to them. But his new friend talked him through the process, gaining access to Henry's game, then telling Henry to go grab something - to get up and take his attention away from what was about to happen.

The user quickly logged out to the game's main menu and moved the game's cursor to hover over Henry's collection of characters. Level 31 Warlock - deleted. Level 26 Titan - deleted. Accessing Henry's final character, the level 23 Hunter, the user logged back in and set to work on the character's top-level exotic weaponry.

It was at this point that Henry saw what was happening and, aghast, realised too late that he had been trolled. Still streaming via Twitch, Henry hit the power button on his console, turning it off and cutting the user's connection.

"They [had] played together for a while and the troll earned Henry's trust," Henry's mum Courtney told Eurogamer. "Enough to promise Henry that he could help him if Henry gave him control of his player."

The Twitch stream continued, as Henry powered his console back on to discover the full extent of the damage.

"I didn't want that gun anyway," he is heard telling the troll, before Destiny's main menu loads and he realises he has lost his two high-level characters as well.

"As you can see in the video, he was devastated," Courtney continues. The footage ends with the 11-year-old audibly sobbing - it's not easy to listen to.

exe

Augur
wtf, 11-old streaming shit on twitch? Why would you let your kid do that, also who watches that?

pippin

wtf, 11-old streaming shit on twitch? Why would you let your kid do that, also who watches that?

Most sites have a rule about being at least 13 years old to use them, and even then you need parental advisory. So it's the parents' fault if this kid lost everything.
However, I don't really enjoy it when older/adult guys troll kids into tears on the internet. Those trolls should do their thing with people of their age.

JarlFrank

I like Thief THIS much
Patron
Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag.
While I would let my kid play games, I'd never allow some MMO shit, especially at that age. I mean, 11? Playing an MMO on console and having a twitch channel? Come the fuck on.

Drax

Arcane
Agreed, if I had a kid I would force him to clear a couple of Doom levels and a couple of dungeons in Morrowind every night to be allowed to have diner. But I would forbid playing MMOs

RK47

collides like two planets pulled by gravity
Patron
Dead State Divinity: Original Sin
Agreed, if I had a kid I would force him to clear a couple of Doom levels and a couple of dungeons in Morrowind every night to be allowed to have diner. But I would forbid playing MMOs

If I had a kid I'd just sell him off to buy more games.

Pika-Cthulhu

Arcane
The fucks wrong with you guys? 11 year olds make for great goldfarmers, sure they eat more than a chinaman but you get the security of knowing if the kid fucks up you get to discipline them.

Angthoron

Arcane
The fucks wrong with you guys? 11 year olds make for great goldfarmers, sure they eat more than a chinaman but you get the security of knowing if the kid fucks up you get to discipline them.
Yeah, this.

I actually know someone that did this. "Farm Runecloth for 2 hours, you get to play XXXXXX on the weekend".

pakoito

Arcane
Patron
Now eurogamer promotes sob stories from 11yo boys with youtube recordings?

Boy oh boy have they devolved into clickbait.

RK47

Patron
Yeah, this.

I actually know someone that did this. "Farm Runecloth for 2 hours, you get to play XXXXXX on the weekend".

You can always make more within 9 months.

MrContinuity

Learned
Someone got to a bronze helmet that dropped in Runescape before I did as a child. pls gib to my Patreon.

RK47

Patron
http://www.glassdoor.com/Reviews/Cloud-Imperium-Games-Reviews-E776546.htm

Fans are crazy, often to the point of being stalked online with your personal information sought after. People have threatened me with my career, my life, and my loved one's well being. Don't dare criticize the game or the CEO publicly.

A vision for what the game is has yet to be explained to the team, with any one close to the CEO trying to create their version of the game because their egos are too big and he has yet to tell anyone. This requires much work to be gone over again and again after the CEO sees it wants it all thrown out and restarted.

Last edited by a moderator:

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom